The Devil Himself

Chapter 21

Chapter 21

"Well if it isn't Dante Dalesio." I smiled as he walked into the room. He looked rough. "What's wrong D?"

He shook his head and sat down on the edge of the bed. His eyes were low, almost barely open.

"How are you feeling?" I'm used to my body being sore, it just has an extra kick now..

"Dante, i'm fine. I really am. Now what is wrong with you, you look worse then I do." He closed his eyes and smirked a little. "I was worried about you."

Some people are skeptical about whether you can hear other people in a coma or not, I heard select things, it's more a pick and chose type situation. But it took a lot for me to be able to focus on anyone's words, a lot.

"I know you were. I heard everyone, they were all really worried for you if I didn't  make it. They were worried for me too but they know how you get."

"You heard everyone?" I smiled a little before nodding. "You know what I said?"

"Yeah, I know what you said. No more games." I watched his facial expression change from exhaustion to something I haven't seen on him before.

—————

*2 weeks later*

The search for colleges have been literal hell but we finally all found our place. We all, somehow, got accepted into all of the colleges we wanted to get into.

We decided to move in on campus earlier then the school year started. We move in one month...we all got a big house, minus Beca, Aiden, Brea, Dillion, Anara, and Ivy. They're going to a different college a little further away, we were sad at first but it's only a few hours.

Dalesio: Get dressed i'll be there in 10

I changed and made my way down the stairs. Walking down these stairs is such a job.

"Where you going hot stuff?" My mom helped me down the last few stairs. My body is almost fully healed, I just have to be careful not to move in a certain way.

"I'm not sure, Dante texted and told me to get dressed."

"You look good Camilla. Beautiful as ever." She opened the door before Dante could
knock. "I have to talk to him quick, wait here."

Wait? She wants me to wait...

——————-

"Come on slow poke, that grandma just passed us." Dante held my hand as we walked through the fair. "Some of us are out of shape."

"I can tell." I scoffed and stopped walking, "If I get you food will you walk faster?"

"I'll consider." No, I won't walk faster but i'll be happier.

After I ate we sat in a comfortable silence looking around the fair.

"Can we ride the ferris wheel? I always wanted to go on one!" Which was true, my dad was supposed to take me on one when we were traveling one year...he got busy I guess. I wish I could say I miss him, but it's hard to miss someone you never knew.

"You wanna ride that...you see how high that is?" I looked up and nodded, "Yeah pretty high I guess, the view would be so pretty."

He sighed and reluctantly stood up. Was THE Dante scared of something?

"You're scared of heights!"

"What? No i'm not." He's awful defensive... "Alright then Mr.Tough guy, come on then."

———————-

"See it's not so bad up here." I held back my laugh as his squeezed my arm, "Alright! You're going to cut off my circulation!" He released his grip slightly.

"I wanted to talk to you about something, preferably on the ground...but if I don't change the subject I think i'll pass out." I shook my head, "Just look at me, no where else."

"Okay...in the hospital we said no more
games. I meant that, so that's why i'm saying this. Camille I want you to be mine, even though you've been mine this entire time, just more official."

That was kinda cute? Well, he's trying.

"I guess i'll be your girlfriend." He raised his eyebrows and held my arm again. "You guess?"

I shrugged, "Yeah, I guess"

Don't smile. Don't smile.

He grabbed my face and our lips connected. "You still guess?"

"Maybe....Yes."

"Yeah?" He stared into my eyes as the smile finally broke across my face. "See that, you survived. You're all big and strong now Dante!"

As we got off the ride his hand landed on my butt, "We're not that close bad boy." I warned.

Today was...today was good.

——————-

After he dropped me off at home I showered and sang some of my favorite songs at the top of my lungs.

"Jesus! Who are you?" My soul left my body as I entered my bedroom when I saw a boy who looked similar to Dante on my bed.

"Draven. Dalesio's cousin. Pleasure to finally meet you. No girl has ever survived this long with the devil himself. Someone should give you a medal."

"Draven...I've never heard of a cousin?"

He let out a deep chuckle, "More of a distance type."