3 days

Chapter 23

*2 weeks later*

I only have 2 more weeks to go before I can leave this Draven infested house.

Staying with Dante here isn't as bad as with Draven, Dante just lays with me and watches tv. Draven, on the other hand, fights me on everything he can think of.

"Camille just go to sleep, your exhausted." Draven and I made a bet, whoever falls asleep first has no hot water for a week. "No."

He sighed and pulled my body closer to his.

He's trying to get me to fall asleep.

"Stop doing that, i'm not going to sleep."

"Camille, Draven is asleep. Look at his eyes." I looked down and saw his eyes open but his breathing told me he was asleep, "How long did he know he was asleep?"

"Hours. I tried to tell you." 

I cant wait to move away from here. I love my mom and i'll miss her so much but all the memories this town holds from only a year and a half...me getting kidnapped, my father getting killed, it's all a lot.

Not things that go on in your normal town.

"Now go to sleep."

———————-

*the next morning*

"Breakfast boys!" My mom is loving that they're staying here. "Why, thank you Cadella!"

Draven is so fake.

He gave me a glance and a fake smile. I flicked him off before grabbing a fork and eating my eggs.

"Camille be nice."

"No you should hear the things this devils child says."

"Actually, Cam, your the one with the devil." I took a deep breath and decided to eat my breakfast on our porch.

Dante followed behind me, "Now you see why I hate him. It's almost over."

Draven and Dante are like polar opposites, but the one thing they had in common was their childhood. Raised to fight and kill. It's not fair what their parents did to them. They're strong, a lot stronger then I am.

"Stop thinking and eat. Letta is coming over later."

"How did you know I was thinking?"

"We've been over this, your eyes tell everything." Dante's been more distant this past week, he's working really hard to find Will, so hard that he's pushing a lot of people away.

He doesn't sleep anymore again, doesn't eat much anymore, he still tries hard with me but he's not always there.

"You're still thinking."

"Yeah, sorry."

"What's wrong" He grabbed my empty plate and placed it on the table. "There's just lot going on for all of us right now."

"I have to leave for a little bit..."

He has to leave again?

"What? You can't ever stay?" I said more frustrated then I intended to.

"Camille it's bigger then that. That's why Letta is coming here, she's staying with you and Draven."

"So where are you going?"

He looked away from me and sighed, "Back to New York."

I nodded and kept my head down. There's something he's not telling me, clearly, but i'm not going to push him anymore, if he wants to leave then...then that's what i'm going to let him do.

"I'm going to um...i'm gonna go shower, when Letta gets here just send her to my room."

"Camille-"

I cut him off. "It's fine D."

It is fine. I don't know what else I expected.

———————

As I dried my hair with my towel I heard a knock on the bathroom door. "Camille open the door."

"Ew, Draven go away."

"Open the door or I'll open it myself."

I opened the door, not wanting another kicked through door in my house.

"What's up with you and Dante."

"Nothings up."

He sat down on the counter next to me and gave me a 'yeah right' look.

"Did you know he was leaving?" He nodded his head, "You have to let him Camille, he needs to find Will."

"Did either of you ever consider that maybe, just maybe I still need him here? That I still have nightmares? That I still can't move certain ways without wincing in pain. Guess I forgot all I ever had is myself."

"Cut the dramatics, he's doing this for you. He knows you won't ever feel safe again until Will is gone." He let out a loud sigh and got off the counter, "Give him a break Cam. He blames himself about this situation enough as it is. He doesn't need to hear any of it from you."

Although they despise each other, they always have each other's backs.

I don't think any of this is Dante's fault...I just wish he could be more present. Almost dying showed me how many things I could of missed, I just don't ever wanna die with any regret.

I went downstairs and looked for Dante, "Where is he?"

"Outside still." Draven said as he scrolled through channels on our tv.

I went outside and sat down on the stairs next to him.

"You know I don't blame you for any of this, this isn't your fault. I know how hard you're trying, but sometimes I just want you here with me. If that's a selfish thing to say then I guess i'm selfish."

He looked up at me and licked his lips, "I'll never find anyone else like you Cano."

"I'm not sure how I should take that..."

He let out a chuckle and pulled my head in with his hands, placing a kiss on top of it.

"I won't be gone too long, only 3 days."

Only?

I have attachment issues...

"Okay..." My mood changed when I noticed Letta standing in front of us, "Letta!"

"Camille!"

Dante watched as we ran and hugged each other like two best friends who have been separated for years.

"Weirdos." He pulled me away from Letta and into his arms, "I'll see you in 3 days. Be good."

"I'll consider it."

I watched as he shook his head, got into his car and drove away from me... again.

I cannot wait until we catch Will and live out a happy life. I wish that was reality, but i'm smart enough to know that's not how it goes.

As long as I'm with him, nothing else will matter.

I'll take the good with the bad any day.