Orientation

Chapter 36

Getting up and getting ready for our school orientation without everyone here, without the arguments and chaos, it just isn't the same.

I finished putting earrings in as my phone rang, I put it on speaker phone.

"Hey boo, Dante wanted me to call you and make sure you were going to the orientation, we are so sorry we can't go with you. We wanted to see all the campus hotties. Dante and I are in two different areas, I had to take a 4 hour flight just to call you."

"I'm up, tell him I miss him." I looked at myself in the mirror, I look pathetic.

"He misses you too, without you he's such a brooding, disrespectful, miserable, asshole. He wants me to tell you that he loves you and that it's gonna be over soon. We're gonna catch him soon Camille and then we can see those hotties."

I smiled at my phone and rolled my eyes, "No offense Chi but they won't interest me when I have a man like Dante waiting for me when I get home."

"That's fair, but all I have to look forward to when I get home is Drave."

"So you and Draven are offical now!"

"You could say that, Letta and Kace are so in love it's paining my soul that they aren't together yet."

"It pains us all, I'm happy for you. I'm ready for you all to come home. This house is so quiet now, it doesn't even feel like home anymore."

"It still is home, family makes it home. We're gonna be back by the end of the week and i'll ensure that cause i miss my bed. Everyone else will too because we're sick of Dante's fucking attitude."

I smiled to myself thinking about him.

"Be sure to tell him that I said to drop his attitude, tell him I love him, Chi."

"I will, i love you hoe."

"I love you too hoe."

I hung up the phone and sat down for a minute in front of our body mirror that sits in our hallway.

Max followed my movements and sat down next to me.

"Max I'm so happy that you slept great last night." When I woke up Max was cuddled in his blanket completely knocked out with his mouth wide open , sometimes I think he doesn't know that he's a dog. He sleeps like a human.

"Hey...are you ready to go?" Ryker stood at the end of the hallway, "No, but I don't want to hear his mouth."

"If it makes you feel better...I have to bring  you home an hour early."

"Why do I have to go at all, we aren't learning anything and i'm sure I could figure out the campus if I tried." I put my seatbelt on and leaned against the door.

"Because Dante knows how your anxiety gets when you aren't familiar with people or you're at a new place. He wants you to be able to know the people already and know your way around before the classes actually start."

"I hate that he knows me." I rolled my eyes and counted my fingers to calm my nerves. Dante always knew when I got anxiety, I never had to say it.

"It's gonna be a great time."

After a few moments of silence we arrived at the school.

"Hey Ry...why do I have to leave an hour early?" He stopped from getting out the car and looked over his shoulder at me, "Because I have to go somewhere and I need you to be home."

"Where are you going?" I know Dante doesn't want me alone, pretty much anywhere...

"Camille, you really think i'd go against Dante's words? He needs me to pick up something for when he gets home."