Forgive me

Chapter 15

I was eventually able to explain to Dante very thing that happened in the past hour. He didn't say anything he just held my shaking body.

"Are you hungry...we can go get food."

I thought for a moment, I really should attempt to get food in my stomach.

"Yeah"

We walked downstairs and saw my my moms picking glass from the floor. "Ma...."

I looked at Dante as I crouched down to help my mom, "I'll meet you in the car, okay?" He nodded and gave us some space.

"Mom..." She grabbed me and pulled me into a hug. "I am so sorry Cami, I should of told you..."

"It's okay it's not your fault...but mom you have to choose, it's either me or him."

"You! Of course you! That's not even a question, it just hurts that you were never able to see the man he used to be, the man I originally fell in love with."

"We don't need him, never have." After picking up all the glass I patted her shoulder, "I'm gonna go get food with D, you want any?"

"No that's alright, have fun."

I gave her a smile and walked to Dante's car.

"Where do you wanna go?"

"Anywhere is fine." He gave me a displeased look, "Mcdonald's" He scoffed and rolled his eyes, "Basic"

"I said anywhere was fine" He stared at me for a long moment before smirking.

"I know a place."

We drove for about 15 minutes before we arrived at a small ice cream shop. He opened the shop door for me.

"How did you know ice cream makes me happy?" He shook his head and shut his eyes for a small moment, "I know things."

We ordered our ice cream and sat down at a near by bench.

"You know that you don't have to stay at your house, you can always come to mine."

"I cant leave my mom alone with him around town, she needs me."

There was a long moment of silence, "Okay then i'll stay there while he's around."

I shook my head with a small smile. It's nice that he cares but i'd never ask him to stay. It's sweet that he's actually having conversations with me and opening up, his one word responses got old.

"I'm not gonna ask you to stay at my house, everything will be fine."

"Good thing i'm offering."

We got a lot closer in New York, the fight we had brought us closer then ever. Whether we are a couple or just friends or talking....whatever it is that we are, we have been there for each other.

"Ready to go?" I nodded, I'm kinda cold anyway, cold weather and I do not mix.

When we arrived back at my house he dropped me off and said he would be back. I decided to lay down and take a nap, all the crying and events that happened today gave me a migraine.

Dante's POV

I've given up hiding my feelings for her. When I did hide it, I drove myself out my fucking mind, I couldn't leave her alone.

"D man!"

"Will." A fucking absolute pain in my ass, the only reason he's standing in front of me right now is because my mom and him were close...

"I see your still hanging around that beautiful lady, are we exclusive yet?" A sick smile spread across his face. "Don't speak on her."

"Dante you are absolutely whipped man, It's too bad really." I started to walk away but stopped in my tacks. If he thinks threatening me is going get him anywhere he's wrong, the only place it's gonna get him is killed, which i'd gladly take the honor of doing in a heartbeat.

"What."

"It really is a shame. You guys are too cute! But unfortunately it cannot last much longer. By the way, finding someones address truthfully is too easy."

I looked down and noticed my fists are clenched so tightly my knuckles turned white.

"So, what i'm getting at here is, leave her and disappear. It would be so tragic if her and her mother went missing!"

I let out a loud laugh. He's got to be fucking joking right now. This is the bullshit I deal with, fucking idiots. He has some balls.

"No."

"See, I thought you'd say that. He pulled his phone from his pocket and showed me a picture of Camille with a knife to her throat, taken...5 fucking minutes ago.

"Now as I was saying, you're gonna leave her, you're gonna disappear from her life and never come back, or her and her mom-"

"Fine." Clearly I didn't have a well thought out plan for a  scenario like this, it wasn't exactly an ideal situation I had a god damn plan for. I ignored the smug look on his face and sped down the street. No one will touch her.

"You have to be fucking joking." Police lights flickered from behind my car.

"License and registration- well well well look who it is." I pinched the bridge of my nose, I am going to blow this entire police station into pieces after this.

"Problem officer? I have something really important to do, so if we could wrap up this, absolute bullshit!"

"Are you threatening a police officer?"

I'm about to show him a fucking threat when I rip his head from his shoulders. "If I was threatening you, you wouldn't be standing."

"Dante Dalesio you are under arrest for speeding, missed court date, and threatening a police officer."

I cannot believe this bullshit is my life.

"Are you fucking kidding me."

I fought 4 police officers, tazed and shot once before they even got close to putting me in handcuffs, idiots.

I looked down at my stomach and my vision began to blur, damn it i lost too much blood, I cant fight anymore....

They pushed my head down on the police car and put handcuffs around my wrists.

I'm sorry Camille, please forgive me one day...