2

Hey thereeee! Well, I can't explain how much it means to me that you are sticking by! I hope you guys met Crescent and Cayden already... Well, keep reading and you will get to know every character soon!

Much love! 💜🤍❤
_________________________________________________

"Intuition is the whisper of your soul"

"Crescent... Cres.. BABY SHARK, WAKE UP!" I moved in my sleep and turned on my left when the warm sunlight hit my face. I opened my eyes slowly and saw Cayden standing with a mug of coffee in his hand.
"What's the time?" I asked in my sleepy voice.
"It's 10:30am. I let you sleep for longer hours cos' I knew you were tired. But now you gotta wake up sleepyhead." Cayden placed the mug on the table beside and sat on the bed. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. After blinking for a few times, I turn to look at him as the sunlight falls on my face. My brother's expression changed into a shocking one.
"What are you staring at?" I asked in my groggy voice.
"Your eyes look so good when the sunlight hits it you know. Funny, you have the different colour from all of us. But it suits you." I looked at him and then turned towards the mirror, which was situated across. My dark black hair was a total mess from the sleep last night. My grey eyes seemed cold and mysterious as always. Cayden was right. Everyone in my family had a shade of blue, but I had grey eyes. I really liked it since it was different from them and it actually suited my nature. Cold, ruthless, resting bitch face and every harsh traits one can think of.
"What are our plans for today?" I asked Cayden all excited.
"Well, we all are going to the river walk. Nyall and Thyone will be joining us. You should get dressed as we leave in half an hour."
"Thyone?" I asked with a smirk.
"You will see. I nodded and got up from my bed to dress up. When I walked into the kitchen, Cayden was already serving us bacons and toasts. I walked over to the refrigerator to get some orange juice.
"What's there to check out at the river walk?" I asked while taking out the juice carton.
"Well, it's a beautiful walk among the nature and the river Eno running beside. It is a paradise on earth. You will love the serenity, the wildlife and the green colour everywhere, since you are into nature."
I gave him an 'impressive' expression and sat down to dig in. The toasts were slightly burn but Cayden made them so I was all okay with it. Soon after the breakfast, I went back to the room to get dressed. I chose a white off-shoulder dress that hugs my body impeccably. I brushed my hair and with a touch of mascara and lip gloss I was out. Cayden was packing a small bag as I stood beside him.
"You ready?" He turned around in the direction of my voice and smiled.
"You still wear that?" He asked all smileys. I gave him a full-teeth smile.
"This dress is one of my favourite. I did not wear it back in home because I was mad at you. But now everything is good."
Cayden ruffled my hair and we both walked out of his apartment. My brother's car was parked out right in the front.
"You switched to Audi?" I asked surprised.
"Yes, it was two months back when I decided that." He smirked. We both were crazy about cars. Even though our parents were extra protective about us, we still were unstoppable with cars. I have hit around three times while driving, and Cayden has lost count of his. I am not proud of it though! My brother gets tensed in difficult situations and often makes small mistakes that would lead to accidents. None were fatal, but we were always covered in scratches and small stuff.
I got into the passenger seat and Cayden started the car. We left our block and got on the main road. Hillsborough is a small town, however, as what I have heard of, it has history which runs back a long time. The whole town is like a doll house. The population is very less than what we experienced in California. The weather also remains cold and partly cloudy. I love riding through empty streets as your thoughts can run without any interruption of hundreds of car honking behind you!
Cayden slowed the car and parked outside a two-storey building. I looked out and saw Nyall walking out with a big smile on his face. He got into the backseat and greeted us. Cayden started the car and we left again.
"So, where does Thyone live?" I inquired.
"She stays at the academy. She will be there at the river walk. We don't have to pick her up."
"Why the academy?" I asked confused.
"Her parents live there." Cayden gave me a short answer and I looked at him all confused.
"Apparently, Thyone used to live in the town just like us. But it was four years back when their family shifted to the academy. Turns out, that her father's side had some lineage regarding the Silver Oakland and, to gain what was rightfully his, he took charge of the academy. The whole family shifted there." Nyall gave me a detailed answer. My mouth turned into an 'O' and I nodded back to him.
"So that means my brother is dating the director's daughter?" I smirked.
"YOU TOLD HER?" Nyall's scream made me jump in my seat and even Cayden lost control for a second.
"Geez, you dumbass. No. I didn't. She guessed it and I thought I will tell her while introducing it to her but now thanks to you that she knows."
"WAIT-WHAT???? YOU ARE DATING?" I screamed in excitement.
"What is with you guys and screaming everything? Hush it down! I am driving." Cayden snapped back annoyed. I completely ignored his tone and looked back at Nyall to confirm and he gave me a nod while smiling. I turned back and gave my brother a punch on his right arm.
"Way to go Caddy!" I said all smiling and elated. "You are dating and I am happy about it."
"I am glad but just do me a favor and don't call me Caddy in front of her!"
"Crescent if you don't then I will." Nyall chirped in. I laughed and we both gave a high-five to each other. Cayden with his defeated look finally parked the car next to a blue BMW. All of us got down. Nyall tapped on my shoulder and pointed out to a red-hair girl standing a few meters away from us wearing a peach dress and shades. Cayden was taking out his bag and other stuffs.
"Just a piece of advice, don't ask her about the scar that she got on her neck. Don't even stare at it." I looked up at Nyall confused with many questions but Cayden walked up to us. Nyall's serious face changed into a gleeful one. Woah! That's some serious acting. Our trio walked towards the girl standing and Cayden fastened up his pace. I lingered behind the two boys as I saw the girl smile looking at my brother and going for a hug. They both gave a peck to each other and turned towards us as we reached.
"Hi Nyall. It's good to see you finally out of your delivery services." She said in her melodious tone and gave Nyall a side-hug. I studied her features. She was very pretty and had an air of superiority with red hair and small lips. I couldn't see her eyes but I could say that it is probably golden brown. My eyes darted a bit below and I could see a faint line of black on her neck. It was very much obvious that she tried to cover it with make-up and honestly, she did an impressive job. If Nyall had not mentioned about the scar, I might not have realized even.
Nyall laughed and returned the hug.
"Anything for you Mademoiselle." He tried to sound like a French man but failed completely and, that earned a giggle from Thyone. Her eyes than turned towards me and oh boy! I felt a spark. Even though her shades were on, it was like something is boring into my eyes and trying to get into my mind.
"Thyone, this is Crescent. She is my sister." Cayden barged in and her lips curved into a sweet smile. She took me by surprise as she jumped in for a hug. I hugged her back in confusion but I smiled.
"I have heard about you so much. I wanted to meet you for so long and now you are finally here." Thyone was the first one to break our hug and she cupped my hands in hers. She was smiling genuinely and, was elated.
"It's a pleasure to meet you too. I am sorry that I don't know much about you but I would love being friends with you." I said smiling. Geez Crescent, how on earth did I become so cheesy? But looking at Thyone smiling and Cayden too, I knew I did the right thing.
"Of course. You are my sister too. You don't have to apologize since Cayden wanted to surprise you about us. Now that you are here, we can get to know each other." I smiled in return and nodded.
"Well, let's get going or we won't be able to show Crescent the whole river walk. You guys can chat along while we walk." Nyall said and we all nodded.
There was a huge patio in the beginning of the walk with benches all around. Not many people were around, but mostly teenagers and couples. The large space then narrowed down into a small passage that was running among the woods. The river Eno was running beside us and the sound of the running water was literally music to my ears. Even though the day was cloudy, but sunlight was playing hide and seek with us here. I could feel a bit warm as we kept moving in deeper into the forest.
"How do you like Hillsborough? I know it is different from California." I turned on my left to see Thyone walking beside me. I smiled.
"It is new and a bit cold for me. But I like it for now. I can get used to it."
"I see. Cayden told me how much you love sunny weather and beaches. He was worried even the night before when you were about to arrive. But I am glad that you are adapting." Thyone replied with a smile.
"Well, a part of me wants to stay back is because of Cayden. It was difficult for me to cope up without him." She nodded and then gave me a pat on my back as in that she understands. "I heard you live in Oakland academy itself. How is it like for you?" I could see her vexed expression or maybe I imagined it. She soon masked it very well with a smile.
"Oh well, I do miss the town you know. Silver Oakland is like a bit outskirts of the town and right in the middle of the woods. I miss going to the theatres or staying out at night for the pizzas that Nyall bakes. But yes, my dad had to take care of the academy and so we had to move. I do miss my life back here, but it is fun there." She gave me an assured smile. I nodded and smiled back.
"Do you live with your family?" I inquired.
"Yes, and ours is a big one and that includes my three elder brothers and one elder sister who is accompanied by her husband and my little nephew Iyan and niece Chloris. All of us live together. I am the youngest among my siblings and well, the troublesome one." She laughed and I gave her a small smile.
"That's a pretty big family. It must be fun to be around them. Damn, thinking about it now, do you live in a castle?" I asked inquisitively. Thyone laughed again and nodded her head sideways.
"Well, why don't you visit me tomorrow after your first day? I will ask Cayden to bring you along. My family would love to meet my boyfriend's family." Oh well, I completely forgot that I start my classes from tomorrow. Ugh, I hate new places. Thyone broke my silence by further saying, "There is no point of being nervous. People already have heard about your arrival because of Cayden. Things will go smoothly. I know how it feels like but trust me, you will be alright." She gave me an assured smile and I got relieved. I don't know but I actually like her. Something about her still sets me off, but I genuinely like this girl.
Our conversation got interrupted as we heard Cayden call for us. Turns out he was hungry, and took out the pizza slices for all of us. Thyone and me walked over and joined the boys.
"We had pizza?" Thyone asked surprised. Even I joined her in that expression.
"You are going out with Cayden, and he won't carry food and water? That is like understatement. Cayden and pizza is like an old love story." Nyall said in a dramatic way. All of us laughed. We finished our small hunger game and, now that we were full, Cayden lead the way to the bridge. Thyone walked with my brother hand in hand and Nyall gave me company with his lame jokes. This guy is really adorable but really not my type. One time I burst out so loud, that some tourists were bird watching, and, my outburst made it fly away. I earned some angry glares but I apologized and moved on. I punched Nyall for making me laugh so hard and he was holding back his laughter. This guy I swear!
After some time, we reached the suspension bridge in the middle of wilderness. There was a huge warning board covered in paint and dirt but the warnings were clear.
"You cannot run, sit or dance on this bridge? We can change some rules I guess." I said and walked to the middle of the bridge. There were no other visitors in sight and we four were completely alone.
"Crescent, I wouldn't do that if I were you." Nyall said as he leaned on to the side of a suspension holding the bridge.
"Why the fuck are you such a white mouse Nyall?" I asked and Thyone burst out laughing. Cayden was smirking too.
"I am not a white mouse okay. But look down, do you see them?" Nyall said with a serious expression and I leaned over the rails. Two large crocodiles were basking in the sunrays. I got back from the edge and gave Nyall an understanding smile. He smiled back.
Cayden called all of us for a group selfie and we posed. He clicked a few candids for me knowing very well that I might create a chaos later regarding pictures. Well, I can post them with some edits I guess. After that, Cayden and Thyone posed together and she opened her shades. I looked at her eyes and gave myself a proud smile. It was golden brow indeed. Her eyes really complimented her features especially her red mane. As they were busy clicking, I heard a rustling sound and turned around. The bush which was a meter away from me was swaying slightly. Curious as I am, I walked towards it and saw an opening from the paved path that lead inside the forest. I looked back at my group and saw they were still busy. I again heard a rustle, and this time when I looked into the woods, I could see a black silhouette standing a bit far away from me. I tried to adjust my gaze, and I realized it was definitely a person standing there. Even though I couldn't make out the facial features, I knew it was a man. I walked further to get near him. The sun rays were seeping through the opening of the leaves and made the place look like a walking paradise. I kept moving forward and the person didn't even move from there. It was as if he wanted me to see him.
I don't know why, but I felt a sense of familiarity and maybe déjà vu. A feeling overpowered me that I know this place and even have gone through this situation before. It was weird but whoever the person was was pulling me like a magnet. It was as if I am walking in a daze towards something....someone.
"CRESCENT!" I stopped right in my tracks as my brother's voice broke my tranquility. I turned back to look at him and I could see all of them standing at the opening. I turned around to look at the silhouette only to see nothing. There was no one. As much my eyes scanned, I could only see the tall trees. The next moment I know, I am being pulled towards and I face my brother.
"Why on earth are you here?" He asked in between his breath. His tone was enough to tell me that he was scared. He kept gazing into my eyes waiting for my answer.
"I-I uh, saw a...." I struggled to come up with an excuse.
"A what?" Cayden asked, angry. Oh boy!
"...a bird. Yes. A bird. It was yellow- um, with red feathers too. I saw it and I wanted to have a closer look." I mentally patted myself for coming up with such a good excuse. Cayden heaved a sigh and then pulled me into a tight hug. I hugged him back.
"Don't you ever scare me like that again? Okay?" He whispered softly but in a threatening tone. He fell back from the hug and, I just nodded. We both walked out of the woods and Thyone and Nyall hovered above me.
"You okay? You good?" They both asked together. I nodded and gave them an assured smile.
"Damn crescent, I thought you went to greet the crocodiles. You scared us." Nyall said. I gave him an annoyed look.
"I am sorry guys, I saw a bird and it was so beautiful that I lost track." I apologized.
"It's alright ok. We are glad you are safe." Thyone said with a smile and I smiled back. She wore her shades again. After assuring them that I am alright, we started heading back. This time, Cayden walked with me and Thyone and Nyall traced behind us. I could hear them chatting and Nyall cracking jokes. After an hour, we reached the entry point once again. The sun had already set, and the twilight made the sky covered in pink and orange colour. Cotton candies! We walked out and saw a Rolls-Royce in white drive in. It stopped right in front of us, and a chauffeur dressed modestly climbs out and opens the door for Thyone. I would lie if I say I wasn't surprised, but remembering that her father is the director, I realized that she is used to this lifestyle. Her air of superiority is very well understood here. She hugged all of us before leaving and patted me on my head. After she bid goodbye, we three walked over to Cayden's car.
It was around 8 p.m. when we reached my brother's apartment after dropping Nyall. As soon as I entered the apartment, I changed into my PJs and hit the bed. I heard Cayden walk in.
"You up?" He asked quietly.
"mm-mm" I mumbled.
"I wanted to ask you something." His tensed voice made me open my eyes and I looked at him. I heaved a sigh and sat up.
"Before you ask, I will be clear. I like Thyone and I am glad that you guys are dating. Obviously, I can't tell you right away if she is the one for you but I want you to be happy and, you are with her. So yes, I am okay with her." Cayden smiled at my reply. My brother has the worse dating history which has made me overprotective about him. However, Thyone made me feel that she is genuine and she really loves him. Even though it's too early to decide, but I wasn't lying when I said I like her. Cayden pulled my cheeks and once again I snuggled under the covers.
"It is your first day tomorrow. Sleep well. Night baby shark." I could hear his voice vanishing faintly in the distance as sleep overpowered me.
That night, apart from being nervous about the first day, I dreamt of the same place again. And this time, I could see the silhouette a bit more clear.

_________________________________________________

Do you guys remember what you dream? Or are you the ones who have a hard time in remembering them?
Well, no matter what, it would be amazing if we could dream like multi-player gaming!
What are your thoughts on it?

🌼🌼❤❤🤍🤍💜💜🌼🌼