3

Hey there lovelies... I hope you all are doing fine and safe in your own cocoon inside your house. Well, I am still figuring out about the day when I should upload my chaps. If you guys have any specific weekday on your mind, do let me know!
Keep reading, sharing, voting and honest feedbacks!
Happy reading! 🌼💜
_________________________________________________

“A dream ignored, is like a letter unopened”

“WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS CAYDEN?” The whole neighborhood might have jerked up from their sleep by my loud booming voice early in the morning. It was probably six in the morning and my first day at Silver Oakland.
“Geez Cres, keep it low. Do you want to get kicked out by-“
“I FUCKING DON’T CARE OKAY. EXPLAIN ME THIS IDIOCY!” I was mad and honestly, the current situation was already putting me off. Cayden very well knows what doom looms over if my anger reaches the peak point.
“Alright, alright. Calm the fuck down. You are overreacting Crescent. It’s no big deal.” I shot an angry glance towards Cayden. He shrugged it off and went towards the stupid reason that has caused so much of chaos since morning. He picked it up and looked at me. “It doesn’t look bad. Trust me, even Thyone looks good in this.”
“She is your fucking girlfriend. Of course you gonna find her beautiful. That’s so dumb of you to make a statement like that.” I snapped back.
“Whoa, you are my sister, you empty head. Look, why don’t you just give it a try? If it doesn’t suit you we will figure out something.” Cayden pleaded. I exhaled an angry sigh and stomped off into the bathroom to get changed. Stupid academy, stupid place, stupid uniform!
After some time of pulling and adjusting, I finally wore the Silver Oakland’s uniform that was the sole reason behind all this commotion. I looked into the mirror to see myself. Who the fuck assigns uniform in the 21st century? Are we kids? What is up with this academy? Stupid rules and stupid ways of harassing us! I heaved a sigh and walked out of the bathroom. Cayden was already dressed and was fidgeting with his shoes. I cleared my throat and he turned around. His eyes got wide as he looked at me.
"What?" I asked pissed.
“You look good baby shark. Trust me, it is going to be difficult for me as all the guys will be running after you. You will give the guys a hard time.” He smirked. I scrunched up my nose in disgust and turned towards the dressing table. I stood in front of it and stared at my attire. The white-collared chiffon blouse was neatly tucked in the green and navy blue checks plaid skirt. The skirt ended up right above my knees and was paired with knee high stockings in black. I was wearing a black blazer over my uniform which had the Silver Oakland emblem on my left. It was unbuttoned and one can easily look at my bow tie that playfully dangles over my chest. Finally, my leather black boots gave it a complete look. I would lie if I say that I didn’t like it. No matter how much I despise uniforms, this one was truly classy and ravishing.
Cayden on the other hand had dark green cotton trousers with a leather belt in beige colour around his waist, paired with a crisp vanilla coloured, long sleeve shirt. The shirt was tucked immaculately into his trousers and covered with the same charming blazer. A wide tie in navy blue and green checks, hang neatly in the middle of his barely buttoned up blazer with golden buttons. The uniform looked dapper as he finished it with his black formal shoes.
“Well, I don’t wanna say it, but you actually look good in that Caddy.” I gave him a thumb up and he smirked.
“I need to look amazing for my cabinet as well as my girlfriend.”
“WAIT… WHATTT???!!! You are in the cabinet?” I asked surprised. What else is there that he is not telling me? It seems as if I know nothing about his university life. “You sound like a stranger to me. Fuck off. Were you waiting for me to be surprised when you walk in front of us in uni?”
“Well, I thought of giving you a hard time. But never mind. You do have to obey me.”
“Huh! Never happening.” I smirked back.
“Okay okay. Just don’t be troublesome. It takes an army to control your crazy nature and unpredictability.” I arched my eyebrow at him and he just chuckled.
“Why why, I didn’t know my poor big brother is having a hard time with me. You do realize, it’s me who saves your ass most of the time.” I smiled cockily.
“Yeah whatever. Let’s get moving as we have to pick up Nyall too. Let’s go.” He rushed out of the room. I checked myself one last time in the mirror and followed my brother out. Let’s do this Crescent!
The car ride was packed with lame jokes by Nyall and Cayden constantly asking him to shut down as he can’t concentrate on driving. Total disaster but I enjoyed it as it helped me in curbing don my nervousness. We were on the highway with woods running on both sides of the road. I saw Cayden slow down, as there was a sign board with Silver Oakland’s emblem and he took a left. There was a huge iron railed gate in silver and a beautiful paved way lay further. The tall trees shadowed the pathway and one can easily feel the sunlight filtering through the long, dark green wood’s standing on both sides. As Cayden kept driving, I caught glimpses of students walking and some riding their bikes through the tinted window. Everyone looked so classy and gorgeous that I mentally cursed myself for not giving a touch of light make up.
“How can someone walk all this way to the academy?” Nyall asked.
“Just like we used to do in the beginning. It is different for us now since we have started earning.” Cayden replied.
“Well good for Crescent that she can ride with you.” Nyall stated. I shrugged it off and kept looking out when the sight of the tall buildings hit me. There was another gate that we crossed. It was not grand as the first one but still splendid. Cayden parked the car in the parking lot and finally turned off the engine. I kept myself intact to my seat digesting the majestic grandeur right in front of me. Holy fucking smokes! Who would have thought that there is a Roman inspired architecture right in the middle of woods? If one has no idea about this academy, they can easily surpass the turn on the highway.
“You ready?” Cayden asked me. I looked at him with tensed eyes and he placed his hand on my head. “Don’t worry. You got me. Calm down. Step out when you feel like.” I nodded and he ruffled my hair and stepped out. I took some deep breaths and sending a prayer mentally, I finally opened the door and stepped out.
Cayden came beside me and smiled. The foyer area was filled with students who were walking up to their respective destination. The floor was full of small pebbles, with a grand water fountain in the center, surrounded with structures of gods and goddesses from Rome and Greek mythology. Behind the fountain laid a grand staircase of white marble which lead to the academy. The magnificent white building had large Roman architecture windows and on the top four colored heraldic banner were hanging down. I literally thought I am at Hogwarts and the only difference is that I took my brother’s Audi instead of the train on 9 ¾ platform! Well the sight in front of me is really sumptuous and I can’t wait to explore it.
“Like the view?” Cayden’s voice broke my trance and I turned to face him. I nodded and his lips quivered into a smile.
“It is… nothing that I expected. It’s sooo…. HUGE!” I awe-whispered it to him.
“Wait, till you get inside.” Nyall chirped in with a proud smile. I cocked my head on right giving him a look of baffled.
“Cayden…..” We all turned towards the voice and I saw Thyone walking to us. Her personality really dazzled me. Everyone is wearing the same uniform, however she really stands out. Seeing Thyone I suddenly remembered that I am surrounded with students all around. Now, that my situation got more obvious, I could sense all the eyes on me. I get really uncomfortable in such scenarios but Cayden beside me made it a bit tolerable. Thyone hugged my brother and then gave me a hug.
“Look at you Crescent. You look amazing.” She complimented me gleefully. I smiled.
“Only if you knew about the chaos she created in the morning.” Cayden taunted me and Thyone looked at him all confused. I shot an angry glare towards him and he chuckled nervously.
“I wasn’t sure about the uniform, so I kinda threw some tantrums in the morning. It’s all okay now.” I assured Thyone.
“Well you are doing a great job cos’ you already have made a lot of heads turn. And, I am pretty sure it was Cayden who made the chaos worse because he can’t keep his cool during heated situations.” I giggled at Thyone’s comment and Cayden placed his hand on his heart as if it broke into pieces.
“I can’t believe you two are ganging up against me when you just met yesterday. Anyway, let’s get going. We need to meet the dean before the assembly. Let’s go.” All of us nodded and we started our way inside. Thyone walked with me as Cayden and Nyall lead the way. I could feel everyone staring at me. Some of them even shamelessly pointed at me to make me aware that they are watching me. I started fidgeting with my skirt but Thyone just took my hand in hers. I looked up at her and she gave me an assured smile which made me warm.
“It is not you. They are just not used to seeing such pretty souls.” She whispered and I giggled. We walked past everyone and entered the hallway. For an instance I thought I am back to some 18th century royal palace which was full of secret passages, grandeur and, treasures. What a breathtaking site! The whole interior décor went back to the medieval period. The white ceramic walls gave it a royal touch with large doors and windows. There were beautiful statues carved in every corner. The mural painting on the ceiling was a treat to the eye. As I kept walking, I saw a huge open ground in the centre from where you can easily see the sky. Some of the students were loitering there. Most of them turned around as we passed through the hallways.
“Good morning Cayden.” I turned my gaze to a blonde girl with icy blue eyes. Thyone’s grip on my hand turned firm and I understood it is a ‘WAR’ between these two girls.
“Oh hey, Rieka. A very good morning to you.” She smiled at Cayden’s words. She gave a nod to Nyall and he returned it.
“Are you in a hurry? I wanted to talk to you about the cabinet’s meeting that will be taking place today.” Rieka asked. I just don’t understand why all of the girls here look like goddesses. And then there’s me!
“Ya well, I was on my way to the dean’s room to introduce my sister.” As he said he moved sideways to give Rieka my full view. Rieka’s pupils dilated looking at Cayden and then turned towards me with a small smile. Her gaze were stronger than that of Thyone.
“Uh-hi… I am Rieka, the mistress of Elysian house. Nice to meet you….”
“.. Crescent. It is Crescent. Nice to meet you too.” I gave her a small smile in return, confused on how to react. She then turned to Thyone.
“Oh hi,Thyone. I didn’t see you there. A very good morning to you too.” Rieka gave her a sweet smile which did not for one percent felt fake! Thyone gave her a small smile and nodded away. What is going on between these two? Is it Cayden again?
“Uh-well, we should keep moving. I will text you about the meeting Rieka.” Cayden said and Rieka nodded throwing him, her sweet smile. Cayden smiled back and started walking. I gave her one last nod and walked with Thyone.
“…..such a bitch!” I gave Thyone a shocked expression as I heard her whisper it under her breath. I looked at her and she had a disputed look on her face.
“Is everything okay?” I asked with a concerned expression.
“She likes to get on my nerves by flirting with Cayden.” Thyone replied annoyed. Well, I am not at all surprised because this is very similar to what happened back in California. As I said, my brother’s dating history is one of a kind!
“….Don’t worry about it though. I am used to it now. And everyone knows that Cayden is dating me.” Thyone replied with a smile. War of Hormones! Reminds me, I haven’t logged into WeVerse for a while to see what my seven boys are up to and, by that I mean BTS.
“We are here. Let’s go.” Cayden’s voice broke my trance and looked at the large door in golden metal which stood strong in front of us. Why is everything so damn royal and peculiar here? I mean, this whole place is like one of the long-lost ancient castle which people are not even aware about. If one is thinking of doing an illegal business, this is the best hideout as the whole damn academy is in hiding!
Cayden knocked twice and we heard a female voice giving us permission to get in. Nyall stood outside and gave me a nod, as Thyone and I walked past him following Cayden. The door closed behind us and we entered. It was a large room, the walls draped in crimson red. There were leather furnishings on the right side which overlooked a large window. A long table was set in the middle and there was a furnace behind it. The room was surrounded with uncountable books. Three large mural paintings hang on the other side, with a small glass case below it which had five trophies and some photos framed. The room had a touch of class and, gave out the fragrance of lavender and lemongrass. It was soothing and refreshing at the same time.
Standing near the table was a lady in her forty’s wearing a formal blouse in black which was neatly tucked in a long A-line skirt in a darker shade of grey. She wore a long black cardigan over her attire and she paired it up with a sleek necklace in silver and black leather strapped heels. Her golden hair was neatly tied into a bun. She held an air of superiority as her green eyes kept dancing between us and a smile played on her red lips. In a nutshell, I have never ever seen such a gorgeous and dreamy dean in my entire life!
“Good morning Dean Gray. I take in account that you have been informed about my sister’s arrival?” Cayden’s professionalism really shook me. Man, my brother can really surprise me!
“Good morning Cayden. Yes, I have been informed. I see that she is among us already. Step forward dear. I have waited for a long time to meet you.” She said in a sweet tone. Her words kind of unsettled me but shrugging it off, I stepped up to her. She stood tall over me like a tower. She took my right hand in hers and cupped them. The spark returned again. What on earth is wrong with me? Am I going gay for these ladies that I keep feeling this weird sensation when they touch me?
“Good morning… uh-Dean Gray.” I said nervously.
“Good morning. Pray tell me, what is your name child?”
“um its Crescent, Crescent Bella Nord.”
“That’s a unique name. Well, Crescent, I hope you enjoy your stay at this academy. There are lots of things you will get to know. It is going to be an amazing experience. Cayden and Thyone will help you out and initially you will learn your way around. I hope you will be in your best behavior and keep up the name of your brother.” Her words weren’t rude. Even though she was talking very softly, each of her words held a weight. “… and remember, the forest ground is a prohibited area and so is the back side of the academy. You cannot cross the threshold that lies within the Ashleigh property. Is it clear my child?” She asked. I nodded back in response and she smiled. She then turned to Cayden and nodded. Cayden came beside me and signaled me to step back. Me, a dumbass took a minute to realize it and then nervously went back to Thyone and stood rooted there. Cayden was already talking to the dean in hushed tones and all I could make out was ‘yes.. with me.’, ‘no.. she didn’t say anything as such.’
After some more interrogation, the dean let us go. She parted with the words ‘I will see you soon, Crescent.’ And honestly, her words sent a shiver down my spine. I thought Cayden might find it queer too, but my brother had no such expression of surprise or anything unsettling. Maybe I am over thinking since it is my first day! We walked out and saw Nyall talking to a girl.
“Yo… How did it go?” He asked as soon as he saw us.
“Good. She is in a good mood today.” Cayden replied.
“Thank god. I would never step into those four walls until and unless it is about a matter of my life or death. It is too solemn and creepy.” He said. Thyone giggled and Cayden gave him a whack on his back.
“It is because you don’t take her seriously. She doesn’t hate you. And you are the only troublemaker in the cabinet.”
“NYALL IS IN CABINET?” I asked in a shocked voice.
“It is unbelievable no? I had the same expression as you Crescent.” Thyone joined me. I still can’t digest the new information.
“Why crescent, am I unfit for the position?” Nyall asked.
“Totally. No one can take you seriously. Well, what is your position?” I asked.
“I am the head representative of the house Ourania.” He said with an all teeth American boy flashy smile. What is with this academy and all these flashy house names?
“Uh-uh, that’s a lot to take in.” I taunted him. Cayden and Thyone just held back their laughter as Nyall gave me a look of disbelief.
“Well, enough of all this. We can fill in the details for Crescent after her school or maybe during lunch. It’s time for the assembly. We should get going.” Thyone implemented and Cayden nodded. He lead the way once again along with Nyall and Thyone and I followed him.
The whole scene in the dean’s office kept replaying on my mind. Her words were stuck inside my head. As much as I wanted to believe that it was normal, my intuition said something else. Deep down, my conscience was telling me that her words had more meaning than how it appeared. I was surprised that Cayden was cool about it, or, is he not showing his uneasiness for my sake? I really need to ask him about it later.
All the students now gathered in the courtyard. Thyone made me stood in a line which was in fact the class I belonged to. The assembly started with a lovely hymn and then the dean delivered a short prayer. She then talked about the coming examination for the final year students. I was enjoying the assembly since it was very new to me. Back in California, we used to just run for our classes as the bell would strike. However, this felt different.
Everything was going smoothly until I felt a pair of eyes on me. I was experiencing an uneasy feeling that I was being watched. It is funny, because I stood way behind the first student and I guess there was only one girl behind me. Talk about being tall!
I turned around on my instinct but the girl behind me was looking straight. She saw me and gave me a small smile and I smiled back. As I was turning towards the stage again, I saw Rieka looking up at something and as if on cue, her gaze suddenly turned towards me. My cheeks turned hot red, as I felt her eyes literally boring inside mine. The sparks were back again. She kept staring and I started feeling dizzy. I wanted to turn away, but it felt as if someone had captured me and is forcing me to look into her eyes. I was numb and I couldn’t move. What is happening to me? Is she trying to possess me? My weird thoughts were not at all helping the situation. I tried to break free from that powerful gaze but everything was in vain. I tried to look away but I was helpless. I really was getting uncomfortable, and maybe understanding that, she turned away. The spark just vanished. For a second I thought that I was under some powerful magic, and the next I know is that I am free. This academy is really giving me goose bumps. I don’t understand whether it’s the place or the people, or is it me who is turning gay?
I dismissed my thoughts and looked up as the assembly was about to end. Some professor was giving motivational speech. My eyes darted from him towards the left and fell on the Dean sitting. It was as if she knew that I will look at her, she literally smirked. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK! For a second I thought I was daydreaming, but no, it was all real and in a weird way. I have no idea what is going on, but I really have a bad feeling about this place. Am I a part of some cult? Am I going to get sacrificed? Am I the new muse? I mentally slapped myself for having such stupid thoughts and concentrated on what the professor was trying to say. My eyes darted back to the dean a number of times, but she was busy talking to other people. God, all I want right now is this assembly to end! I just wanted to hide somewhere, were no one can find me. Unfortunately, my prayers were not answered, and the painful assembly kept going as I kept getting more tortured by the feeling that I am definitely being watched. But this time, I pushed away the thought of turning back and get enslaved by someone else's gaze. However, deep down I got a feeling, that it's a familiar gaze.
Oh boy, what did I get myself into?

_________________________________________________
Can you guys guess who is watching Crescent? What do you think about Rieka and Dean Grey? Is Crescent procrastinating or is her intuition really right?
Do let me know in the comment section!
Will upload soon! 💜🌼
Keep reading, voting and supporting! 💜

Oh btw... Any Army here? Borahe! 💜