11

Hello there lovelies... I hope all of you are doing well. Thank you for getting back to me about the kissing scene in the previous chapter! 😗 That was one hell of a kiss.. Haha! Well, this is going to be a very very short chapter since I had some things to take care of... Anyways, I hope you will enjoy the new chapter. So keep reading, voting and sharing. ❤ Stay safe😗
_________________________________________________

"I live in an unseen world where I can choose between having an angel’s wings or supernatural powers"

“Where are we going?” I asked.
“Library. Arya needs some study materials.” Shayla filled me in with the query. My eyes widened.
“That amazing. I haven’t been to the library yet.” I squealed with joy. All of them laughed at my excitement as we walked to the library.
Shayla, Rayne and Arya were worried by the time I came back for lunch. They thought I lost my way and were on the verge of sending a search party! I was with Lorcan talking about my life and, getting to know him. We sat in the art class together after sharing that magical kiss and conversed for a while. I told my peaches about meeting Lorcan but not about the kiss. They just teased me for being with him all this while and then we headed out.
The library was enormous. I was bewitched by its interior and also the collection. The academy even had first edition books which made me lose my sanity. How on earth can someone keep first edition books literally to be used by everyone? There were long tables with lamps set up for students to study in peace. The librarian was in the farthest corner. It was really mesmerizing to see the different genres all lined up and the fact that there were uncountable books for every genre out there. Arya walked past us to the literature section. Rayne accompanied me as I started getting lost among the row of the books. I was in the fantasy section when a book caught my attention. I took out the white covered book. There was dust all over. I cleaned it and looked at the golden outline and the cover. The name ‘The book of knowledge:The Keys of Enoch’ ran over it. I turned it over and realized it was about the dreams, spiritual truths and how the universe operates. I opened it and went through the pages. There were writings in many different languages and also had some psychedelic illustrations. I kept looking through when a title made me stop. It was about ‘Dreams and Realms’. There was a picture of a girl dreaming of someone but that person was standing next to her in reality. It made me a bit skeptical and disturbed. I kept turning the pages and a line in blue color stood out that grabbed my attention, ‘There are rare cases of reality shifting as the subject always believes it to be dreaming, but they don’t realize that they are awake in another realm.’ That line made me feel queer. Is this some joke? How can one change realm? I mean, even I dream of so many things and they feel real, but that doesn’t mean I am in some different realm. Or am I?
“What are you looking at?” Rayne interrupted my contemplations.
“Huh? Oh nothing… I found this book here. Kinda seems weird that it was placed here.” I told her.
“Why?” She asked all confused.
“How does this come under fantasy?” I questioned her back holding the book up. She took a look at it and then scrunched her eyes.
“Are you into cult and stuff Crescent?” She looked at me all shocked. I gave her a blank expression.
“I didn’t mean to scare you Rayne, but yes. I am into human sacrifices too. Why do you think I joined in the middle of this session? So that no one can catch us. I needed a place where no one knows me. And do you know who the victims are for now?” I asked giving her an evil grin. With every said word, I saw how Rayne’s expression changed from that of a shocking one to all scared and a frightened one. “I don’t make friends without any purpose. Friendship makes it easier Rayne. Easy to lure them in and sacrifice.” I said with a serious and evil tone. She looked at me all stupefied, ready to dash any second.
“There you are. What’s up?” Rayne and I looked up to see Arya and Shayla walking up to us. Arya was carrying five books with her. Rayne couldn’t speak a word.
“Hey… I was just telling Rayne about my hobbies. She kinda freaked out.” I said trying to hide my laugh. Shayla looked at me all confused.
“What up Rayne? Why do you look like a white mouse?” Arya questioned.
“Crescent is into cult!” Rayne awe-whispered to them. Shayla gave me a stupid look and Arya went all blank. All of us looked at each other and then back to Rayne only to laugh but hiding our mouth with hands so that we don’t make any noise.
“I had no idea that you are this easy to scare the shit out of. What the fuck is wrong with you bish? She was just messing with you.” Arya said. Shayla was still having a silent laugh with me. Rayne looked at me with a dumb expression and I gave her a pat on her head.
“You were lying?” Rayne asked looking all cute and confused at the same time.
“Well, I was. But if you guys want to start a cult, I will definitely do it. I have been inquisitive about them for a long.” I replied. Rayne gave me a whack on my back for my prank and then she smiled. We teased her as we walked out to make our entries. The librarian, Professor Reiss was busy making some entries as his table was laid with books and papers. He was a man in his late 40s and honestly reminded me of my dad.
“Uhm.. Professor Reiss?” Arya piped in. He looked up and when he saw Arya through his glasses, he smiled.
“It’s been long Arya. How are you doing?” He asked.
“I am good. Well, I wanted to borrow these books and also my friend wanted to borrow one.” She said as she turned to look at me. The professor adjusted his glasses as he looked past Arya and at me.
“I see. Fill up the entries. Come forward dear. Arya will show you how to do it.” He motioned his hand and I walked past Shayla and Rayne. Arya guided me on how to look for the entry log for that particular book that I am borrowing. After some time of fidgeting among the fantasy section, I finally found the log for mine. I followed Arya’s instructions and noted the details down. As I put in my signature, my attention traveled to the name that was above me. I recognized the beautiful cursive as it was Lorcan’s. I looked at the borrowing date and realized it was just last month. Weird of him to read a book like this! But does he even read? This guy really got some uncommon interests unlike other guys. I closed the entry log and looked up, only to find Professor Reiss’s stare on me. I smiled at him.
“That’s an interesting book you got there. It will be helpful for you.” He smiled. I didn’t understand what he actually meant but I nodded.
“Seems like Crescent is interested in spirituality. That’s a new side to you girl.” Arya squeaked and I gave her a smile.
“Crescent eh? That’s the shape of the moon. Where are you from Crescent?” Professor Reiss asked.
“I am from California. Grew up in sunny weather.” I replied.
“That’s like the other side. How are you finding Hillsborough?”
“Pretty cool. I mean, both weather and the people here are cool. It’s been a month and I really like it.”
“That’s great. I like your name. Your parents decided this name for you?"
"Well, I really don't know because I never asked them. But I like it since I also feel an attraction towards the moon." Professor Reiss's pupils dilated on my answer but he got hold of himself soon.
"Is it? Well, I am not surprised. Your name reminded me of something…” He said. “Do you know what moon lovers are known as?” He asked. We looked at each other and then nodded. Seriously, all of us need to work on our general knowledge!
“Professor Reiss, you do realize we still haven’t graduated!” Arya defended.
“And what’s the proof that you people will know about this even after graduation?” He teased back. We all hung our head in shame but trying not to laugh at our own stupidity. “Well, a person who loves moon is known as selenophile. And since your name is Crescent, you should know about the Moon goddess? We even worship her.” Professor Reiss looked at me and I nodded in confusion. He heaved a sigh. “Well, you girls need to upgrade your mythology knowledge. You people have literature and that will be of a great help.”
“We will. But now we are late. We gotta go. Thanks Professor.” Arya said as she kept pushing us to move out of the library. I was taken aback by her sudden force, but damn that girl is strong for sure! I used my full weight and stopped mid-way.
“Hold on a sec Arya. Professor Reiss…” I called him as he looked up again. “You didn’t tell us the name of the goddess. What is it?” I asked. He gazed down and when he looked back again, he smiled looking straight into my soul.
“Her name is Selene.”
_________________________________________________

Ok.. That was awkward of Professor Reiss! Do you guys think he did it on purpose? Does he know something? Well, you have to wait till next week... Apologies for such a small chapter. 😭🌼 It was my result day and I was freaking out.. But me and my friends passed in flying colours! I am proud of us😤❤ You guys did amazing... So that's it for today. Stay safe, stay indoors and take care! ❤ We meet next week. 😗