14

Hey there lovelies, how are you all doing? I hope everything is fine and shining.. Well, here is the next chapter for reading. Stay strong and safe. Loads of love. 🌼 Keep reading, voting and supporting.. ❤
_________________________________________________

“Little girls with dreams, become women with vision.”

It has been a week since Cayden’s accident. His vitals are stable yet he did not wake up. The doctor did inform us that my brother is out of danger but all of us were still worried that there was no response from him. Lorcan decided to keep me company on alternate days at our apartment. It felt good when he was around. I knew I was falling hard for him but I was scared that we are not on the same page and maybe I will be rushing if I confess him about my feelings. Shayla, Rayne and Arya made a decision to hangout with me after school every day so that I can stay sane. They were doing a lot and even after my frequent fail attempts of trying to make them believe that I am okay enough to take care of myself, they still stayed at my place after school.
Thyone and Nyall were doing better but were in the same depth of water as me. All of us were desperate when Cayden will wake up and greet us with his cheeky smile. However, waiting was all that we could do.
I was in the art room when I felt a hand over my head. I looked up and saw Professor Tyche smiling at me. I smiled back and she came around.
“Are you still working on your painting?” Professor Tyche asked me.
“Yes Professor. Lorcan told me that the fest is a month away and he needs me to complete it.”
“I see. It is beautiful. Have you imagined this Crescent?”
“Well, uh I won’t say I imagined it but this is something I have seen in my dreams.” She turned to look at me.
“I must say you have a vivid memory of what you dream about. You have really done well.”
“Thank you Professor. I just feel that maybe I am living in that dream. At times, I can’t even distinguish between reality and what I visualize.” I said looking at her.
“That is…interesting. You saw this mezzanine while sleeping?” She asked looking all inquisitive.
“Yes. It was a month back. However, I have seen people calling me different names in my dreams. I was in a whole different place.”
“Are you sure that you were sleeping?”
“Well, my friends did tell me that I passed out in class and then woke up after sometime.” I said casually and looked at her. She seemed to be lost deep in thoughts. “Is anything the matter Professor?”
“Huh? Nn-no no, Crescent. Nothing is. How is Cayden doing?” At the mention of my brother’s name I went quiet.
“Doctor said he is stable and out of danger. However, he is still unconscious.” I answered in a quiet voice.
“Don’t worry dear. Everything will be fine. We all are worried about Cayden. Just have faith.” I nodded at her words and continued painting.
“Well, I need to get some fresh water for the colors. I will be back Professor.” Saying, I head out of the room in the long hallway. It was Saturday and a holiday for everyone. I took a day off from my work and decided to finish my painting which was on hold. Lorcan was generous enough to give me some extra time since others have already sent off their paintings. He said, the paintings are kept in a better place and framed so that it can be sold in the auction. I was excited as it is something new for me.
The water taps were in the farthest end of the hall. It was quite a walk and since this part of the building was the old one, the classes gave an eerie atmosphere. I walked down the hall, with the echo of my footsteps thudding. I was lost in my own contemplations when suddenly I saw the silhouette standing in the farthest corner. I stopped. All these months of making new memories, I completely forgot about this! The person was standing there and I started walking towards it. The figure didn’t move from his place as if he/ she wanted me to walk up and talk. I was nervous as I was getting drawn towards the person like a bee. My body had no control over my movements and I just kept walking in a daze. I was halfway when I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. It was sudden and I clutched my tummy and held onto the pillar beside to keep my balance. The pain started to increase and my legs gave away as I sat on the floor. I was perspiring and everything seemed dizzy in front of me. I looked around in vain to see if the figure is rushing to help me but the person just stood there watching me. There was no movement in his stature. I wanted to scream for help as I clenched onto the pillar for support but before I could realize what was happening, my eyes gave away.
I don’t know how long it has been since I lost my senses. I woke up with a headache and still my eyesight was all blurry. I blinked quite a few times to adjust my eyes to the light and realized two pair of eyes looking back at me. I gasped when I saw two unfamiliar faces huddled over me. I tried to sit up but my whole body was in pain and I failed in sitting erect.
“Selene, can you hear us dear?” I looked at them with fear. The man was in his 70s with a white hair parted from forehead to his nape just like during the Victorian period. He was dressed in a frock coat and I could see the little black bow tie. Standing on the other side was an old lady, probably of the same age. Her hair was tied in a bun and she wore a long maid dress. By looking at them I realized, they were the butler and the housekeeper. I fidgeted and sat up as they both helped me.
“There, there… It was a tiresome event last night dear. How are you feeling?” She asked in her caressing voice.
“Uh-uh I am okay. Where am I?” I asked unable to control my curiosity.
“Why dear? It is your own bedroom. Your brother strictly advised me to take care of you till you are awake.”
“CAYDEN woke up?” I screamed in surprise. The two of them gave each other a look and then turned to me with a perplexed look.
“What are you talking about Selene? Who is Cayden?” She asked again.
“My brother. He was in hospital. And he is uncon….”
“… I think you have hit your head hard last night. Sir Fiore did let me know that you hit your head against a pillar in the dark. I will call the doctor and he can cure you soon. Edwin, go downstairs and send someone to doctor Harnessen. Be quick… What are you waiting for?” She ordered him. The old man was staring at me with a confused look but at the lady’s voice he started to get up.
“I don’t need a doctor.” Edwin stopped at my words and the lady opened her mouth to say something but shut it instantly. “Edwin, you don’t have to get a doctor. I am alright. I need to see my brother. Where is he?”
“Selene, he is out meeting the Accalia family. Do you need something?” She asked.
“N-no. When will he be back? I just want to meet my brother.” I said all stubborn. Is it possible that Cayden is up? I know this feels like a dream but it isn’t. So there are high chances that Cayden might be here and together we can figure out what is going on.
“Sir Fiore will return tomorrow. The Wolves of the Accalia family encountered a rogue in their territory. But your brother is not sure if it that what it is. You do realize that we are in a difficult situation and the royalty had been threatened already.” Every word the caretaker talked about literally went over my head. Wolves? Royalty? What is she even talking about? They have wolves to guard the territory? Is this some kind of joke?
“I-I see. I will meet him tomorrow then.” I replied, shooing away the topic. Why is everything so mysterious here?
“Do you need anything Selene?” She asked again.
“I am hungry. Can I get something?” I was honestly famished by all these weird experiences.
“Sure. Is there you want to eat anything in particular?”
“I am craving ramen noodles. Can you please make them for me?” I said with a pleading look. Both of them gave me a stupid look as if I am some kind of alien or something. Don’t tell me they don’t know ramen!
“Dear Lord, Selene you have hit your head hard last night. What gibberish are you talking about honey? I have never heard such a thing. Have you Edwin?” She asks him and he nods back. “Are you feeling alright?” I nodded at her question. Who the fuck doesn't know Ramen??
“I am sorry; I might have mixed up the name of that dish. Can you get me some…. Sandwiches maybe?” I will lose my shit if she still acts surprised. However, to my amusement she actually smiled.
“Sure dear. I will serve you in sometime. Do you want it to be served in your room?” She asked.
“Uhhh- okay. I will be here.” I smiled and both her and Edwin walked out. That was one hell of a situation.
I got up and saw it was the same room as before. I was in that same white gown, except the corset. I looked around and saw a large door. I walked towards it as I probably missed it last time in a hurry. I pulled the knob and the sight that lay in front of me, made me gasp. The door opened to a beautiful mezzanine covered in flowers. It was the ditto of what I dreamt of before and was painting. I walked out and there was a huge courtyard beneath me. It was double the size of what I saw in my academy. Fountains and trees ran along it. The pathway was beautifully carved and there was a large gate where the path ended. I looked around and realized that I was on 6th or 7th floor of this huge mansion. Judging by the architecture, my mezzanine opened to the backside of this building. To my left I could see lawns covered in lush green grass and a beautiful garden. The area covered was wide. Tall woody forest ran after the gate and all I could see was the top of the woods. It was like the whole Hillsborough within the walls.
“Selene, you will catch cold. Why are you outside?” I heard the lady’s voice again and turned back. She rushed to me and dragged me inside. As I stepped in, I saw two young girls setting up the table. They bowed as soon as they saw me. I was startled by this sudden greeting and I just smiled, not knowing what else to do. “You need rest. Your brother has strictly ordered us not to let you out of our sight. Now eat.” She ushered me at the table and I sit down.
The table was laid with 3-4 kinds of sandwiches in beautiful porcelain plates and a kettle was kept beside. Trust me, nice and ravishing crockeries make me nervous as hell! I always feel that I am on the edge and I might break something or the other.
“Do you need anything else Madam Marlene?” The girl asked looking at the old lady.
“Oh hush no. Thank you ladies. You all can go.” She replied. They smiled and turned to bow at me. I smiled again.
They did not even reach the doorway when I clutched on to the tablecloth hard. That sharp pain was back again. I held onto the cloth as I hit the ground hard, unable to keep my balance. The pain was making it worse. I could feel a pair of hands trying to hold me and a faraway voice shouting for ‘Help’. My eyes were shutting off again but I tried my best to keep it open. Everything was becoming blurry when I saw the door open in a dash. Another strong pair of hands held me and I saw the face. It was all hazy but my instinct told me that I know the person. It was very familiar and I knew him. Before I could realize who, I shut my eyes.
It was all dark and I felt the pain shot through my chest. I was floating in vastness. Is this the end? Am I dying? I could see nothing but I knew I was walking towards something. I started panicking when I saw a ray of light. Light, light, that’s where I have to go! I started walking towards it. As nearer I got to that ray I heard a voice calling my name. I know this voice. It’s Lorcan. He is calling for me. Was he waiting for me all this while? I need to tell him that I love him but I need to reach him. Lorcan, can you see me? I am here. Lorcan? Lorcan? Can you hear me? I am here waiting for you. Lorcan? Only you can save me.
Once again darkness engulfed me as my senses gave away.