15

“Dreams filled with imagination tend to upset those without one”

Darkness. Cold. Heavy. Madness. Things have never been same since I stepped into this academy. I really thought I can live my life as a new person but it’s far away from that. I believed that Cayden and I will have a new beginning here, but my brother is in the hospital; unconscious. I am stuck in the madness of my dreams and reality. It has messed me up so much that I don’t even know which one is real and which one is made up. Am I even alive? I heard Lorcan calling me but I can’t step out of this dark abyss. It’s sucking me inside like a black hole. But if this is me dying I want to meet Lorcan and kiss him for one last time. Death, death… But I just started living. I just started…..
I sit up as I felt cold and damp substance all over my face. I was breathing hard and having difficulty in adjusting my eyesight. I was panting hard as my locks were dripping wet. I looked around and saw Lorcan’s worried face. He was kneeling down as he heaved a sigh. I looked the other side and saw Professor Tyche with a look of relief.
“Are you alright Crescent?” Professor Tyche asked. I nodded. ‘Thank God. I heard a loud scream from Lorcan and I rushed out. You were lying here all unconscious.”
“Ho-how long did I pass out?” I asked all timid.
“A good three hours. We were scared to death. What happened to you?” She asked.
“I-I don’t know. I just felt different….as if I teleported to somewhere else.” I see Professor Tyche giving a questioning look to Lorcan but his gaze was fixed on me.
“I think you need some rest. With Cayden at the hospital, you have been stressing out a lot. Even you were trying to finish your painting on an off day when clearly you should take some rest.” Professor Tyche advised.
“Ya, I guess so. I will finish the painting on Monday. I should get going. I need to see my brother too before I head off.” I say and make an effort in getting up. However, my legs give away and I bump into Lorcan. He caught me in time and I hold him for balance.
“You can’t walk like this. You are weak from whatever happened to you. Let me help you.” Lorcan said. Before I could realize what he meant, two strong arms scooped me up in bridal style. Embarrassed, I look at him but he didn’t pay any heed to me.
“Lorcan, put me down. I can walk. Lorcan? Hello, can you even hear me?” All my pleadings fell on deaf ears. He was holding me as if he was holding onto his dear life. He nodded at professor Tyche and walked past her. I gave him a glare but he didn’t even look at me. Mad, I just clutched onto his collar and put my face in the crook of his neck as he kept walking.
We passed the corridors and to the main building. There were a few students in the academy who were walking around. Lorcan didn’t utter a word all this while, nor looked at me. As we moved closer to the entrance, I spot some of my classmates literally gaping at us with their mouth open. Lorcan kept walking, unfazed as if it was a regular thing for him to pick me up and walk in the corridors with people looking at us. I looked at him and catch him smirking as we walked past them. They all had a shocked face while throwing me glares. STRAIGHT OUT OF K-DRAMA! I literally wouldn’t be surprised if I see random people jumping with flowers, or violins and someone saying ‘CUT’ because the whole moment felt like a movie.
Lorcan walked towards the farthest end of the parking lot. I looked around and I gasped. Only a black matte colored Nissan GT-R R35 was parked in the entire area. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK? Does Lorcan own this? I look up at him but his gaze was still fixed ahead. I don’t think so. It might be of some other rich student in this academy. I mean, there are plenty here. As we walked towards the car, my heart started palpitating. I don’t know whether it was because of that sleek, royal car or the fact the Lorcan really owned it? We walked past one side and I heaved a sigh of relief that it is not but suddenly I heard the sound of the car getting unlocked. Lorcan opened the passenger door and placed me on that smooth black leather seat. He put the seat belt on me and my cheeks flushed red considering the fact how close his lips were to mine. I inhaled his scent that was fresh and like the last day of summer. He closed the door and walked around the car then got in. He was all silent and didn’t even utter a word yet. I was kind of getting disturbed by the fact that he was avoiding me for no reasons.
“Where are you taking me?” I asked softly.
“Cayden’s.” He gave me a curt reply. I was really taken aback by this certain mood swing.
“What’s wrong?” I asked again. He is really testing my patience.
“Nothing is Crescent. Are you feeling okay?” I had tears as I heard his words. He finally showed his soft side to me.
“I am. Why are you ignoring me?”
“I am not babe. Why do you feel that way?” I gasped when he addressed me as ‘babe’. I turned towards him and he was staring back at me.
“I- I mean you didn’t talk to me the whole way while walking. Is something bothering you?” I asked.
“No, it’s just…” He stopped. I kept staring at him to continue his words, but before I could say anything he cupped my face and kissed me. I was kind of bewildered with this sudden movement of his. My cheeks turned red as I closed my eyes and melted in his kiss.
When we broke apart, his hands were still cupping my face and he gave me a soft smile. That smile made my heart skip a beat. He leaned back on his seat and started the car. I looked outside the window, all flustered. We both didn’t utter a word, as he drove the car out of the academy.
“…I thought I lost you.” His words hit me like a train and I turned immediately. His eyes were straight ahead but it was speaking. I could sense what he felt back then. I put my hand on his as his mouth slowly crept into a smile.
“I am here. Not going anywhere.” His face lit up at my words. I was pulling away my hand when he pulled it back and held it tightly. I smiled at this sweet gesture.
“So, did you like my car?” He gave me a smirk. Just when I thought this guy can be sweet, he just proved me wrong!
“Proud eh? Well, how did the dean even agree to buy you this?”
“Who said mom bought it? I got it on my own.”
“OWN? Where are you even working?” I asked all shocked. He laughed.
“I have my own business babe. It is basically a family business, and I am in it.” I smiled shyly when he called me ‘babe’ again.
“That’s great for you. What is it about?”
“Mostly hotels and restaurants. We have quite a handful overseas too.” I gave him an impressed look and he giggled.
We kept chatting all the way and after sometime we were at the hospital. I opened my seatbelt and was about to board off when I saw Lorcan opening the door for me. Such a gentleman! I smiled and he was grinning.
“Will you be alright or should I accompany you to your brother’s room?” He asked.
“I will be fine. I feel a lot better. You want to come?” I bit my lip asking him the question.
“I wish. But I don’t want to create any problems for you. You should get going. The visitor’s time will end soon.” I nodded at his words. I was about to walk away when something happened to me, and instead I planted a small peck on his lips and ran inside. I didn’t see how Lorcan reacted but my heart knew that he will be all smiling. It happened suddenly and as if every cell in my body wanted to do it. I smiled to myself as I entered the elevator.
Nyall was sleeping on the couch when I entered Cayden’s room. He woke up at the click of the door and looked around. Cayden was still the same as yesterday. I kept my bag on the table and took a seat on the chair beside him.
“You are pretty late today. Is everything alright?” Nyall asked me.
“Yes. Everything is fine. I was at the academy finishing my art and I lost track of time.” The official prize for lying and creating excuses is going to Crescent!
“I see. Did you eat anything?”
“I had sandwiches. What about you?”
“I did. Thyone left an hour back. She will be staying tonight since I have some work at the pizzeria. How did you get here?”
“Uhh Arya was going on a date with Sage so they offered me a lift.” I smiled and he nodded in return.
“They dating? Damn. Sage is literally the coolest chicc that everyone knows about. I got to know Arya because of you.”
“Ya, Cayden told me that you guys know her sister. Did the doctor pay a visit today?” I asked all concerned.
“Yes, he said that he is alright. Probably he wants to wake up but still it is difficult for him. Don’t worry, he will be fine.” Nyall assured me with a smile and I gave him a small smile in return.
“How long have you been here?”
“When you left for the academy, since then. I would have stayed the night but as I said that I got some important paperwork.”
“No-no, it is completely alright Nyall. You are doing enough for me. I am more than grateful and I don’t know how to repay you back for this… I might have lost myself if it weren’t for you guys.” I say as tears brim in my eyes.
“Hey hey..” Nyall walks up from his chair and comes up to me. “He is my best friend Crescent and you are like my little sister too. Even he would do the same for me. You owe me nothing.” He pats on my head and I nod.
Nyall turned around to go back to his chair when he stopped on his tracks. Even I perked up and looked at him. We both heard a mumble from Cayden. I got up from my seat as Nyall rushed to the other side of Cayden’s bed. The mumble was there again. Nyall looked at me all hopeful and even I gave him a confused look. The mumbling came again and this time the sound was a bit loud.
“We should call someone. Press the button.” Nyall suggested and I nodded at him. I pressed on the switch beside Cayden’s bed to alarm one of the staffs. I was holding Cayden’s hand and I felt a soft movement brushing my fingers. My eyes were all teary.
“Cayden?” Nyall whispered.
“mm…mmmm” He mumbled again.
“Cady, can you hear us?” I asked all overwhelmed.
“mmm” Mumbling again I see Cayden opening his eyes slightly.
“Cayden? Cayden?” When Nyall called him again his eyes flutter open. Both Nyall and I heaved a sigh of relief as I sent a silent prayer. We both were smiling.
“I will go see if a staff is available since no one showed up yet.” I nodded at Nyall’s words as he sprinted off.
“Cady can you hear me?” I asked and he tried to sit up. I helped him and made him sit up with the pillows support.
“Where am I? And why the fuck am I in pain?” He asked all groggy. Typical Cayden waking up from a nap! But I smiled that my brother was okay.
“You will be alright Cady. You were in an accident and you were unconscious for two weeks.” I said as he gave me a weird look. Before I could fill him in anymore, Nyall walked in with a nurse.
“Mr. Nord, how do you feel?” She asked. I moved aside from the bed and let her continue his checkups. Nyall gave me a hug and I hugged him back too. The smile and tear in his eyes was enough to tell me how happy he was.
“Is everything okay?” I asked the nurse.
“Yes, the vitals are stable. He might be released soon but still we will do some checkups. On another note, Mr. Nord do you recognize him?” She asked pointing at Nyall.
“Yes. It is my best friend Nyall.” Cayden replied. Nyall was smiling like a small kid.
“Good. And what about the lady here?” The nurse asked pointing at me. Cayden looked at me and smiled. I smiled back at him.
“Easy. Her name is Selene.”