5

Hey there lovelies🌼🤍 I hope you guys are doing amazing and staying healthy and safe. Well, this chapter is shorter than the other ones, but you get to know a new thing about the protagonists. So keep reading, voting, sharing and supporting. 🌼🤍

PS- To the Armys out there, keep streaming Film Out! 🥺💜
_________________________________________________

“Dreams are illustrations from the book your soul is writing about you.”

I couldn’t find an exit to escape. It was dark and I was getting anxious. I don’t know for how long I have been running, and from what or to whom. I kept stopping to give some air to my lungs. Still, there was no sign of any opening. As far I could gaze, all I could see were long trees and dark and dense forest. I looked up and saw the sky filled of stars. The moon was large and shining bright. I stopped under a willow tree and sat down panting for breath. My white dress was torn from the sides and covered in dirt and mud. I looked at my hands and all I could see was bruises and dry blood. What is going on? Where am I? Where is Cayden? As the questions swirled around, my ears picked up the breaking of twigs nearby me. I was assured that it was the sound of someone’s footsteps approaching. I hid behind the willow tree and tried to make out from where the sound came. I looked behind the bark, and saw a ray of light. My eyes focused and I could figure out it was someone holding an oil lantern. I kept looking at that way as I made sure that I am well hidden from the person’s sight. The person turned towards my direction and stopped. I was scared to death, as I had no idea what will happen, if I get caught. I tried to look for a rock that I can use in my defense, when I heard a voice.
“Selene, are you there?” I gazed back and for sure, the man was now closer to me. I didn’t know who he was looking for. I saw him gradually making his way towards the place where I was seated. I turned back and again started looking for a rock when I heard the person right behind me.
“Selene, are you…. SELENE!” I looked up with fear as I felt the strong light dangling right over me. I crawled back to escape but the person bent down. I looked at him with scary eyes and praying that he leaves me alone. Will I die? Is he going to kill me right away, or will he do worse? Is this my last time? My eyes were brimming with tears and yet, I found my voice.
“Wh-who are you?” I asked all scared. The person put the lantern on one side. I followed his movements breathing heavily, and praying to stay alive.
“Selene, it will take some time but you will remember.” Saying, he dropped the hood from his head that was covering his face. I gasped at the sight of the man in front of me.
“YOU!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I jerked up from my sleep covered in sweats. I looked around me hysterically as I tried to process the surrounding. It took me some time to realize that I was in Cayden’s room. I looked to my left and saw that the sun was out already. A cool breeze was blowing that sent shivers. My breath slowed down and got back to its normal pace. I but both my hands on my head and pulled my hair strongly hurting my thin layer of skin. A sweet pain shot through my body as I did it. What just happened? What kind of dream was that? Who is Selene? I tried to remember the face I saw but I couldn’t. It was very queer, considering the fact that it just happened a few minutes back and now I remember everything, except the face. I looked around for my phone and saw it was 5:45 a.m. I removed my blanket and got up to get ready.
As I walked out of the washroom, I see Cayden walking in, rubbing his eyes. He looked up and had a face of being baffled seeing me up so early.
“Did you sleep?” He asked concerned.
“Ya. I did. I just got up because I am hungry.” I replied trying to avoid his strong gaze.
“Are you hiding something Crescent?” I looked up with a confused expression.
“Why would you think that?” I asked.
“I don’t know. It just seems weird. Anyway, I might be wrong since I am too worried about you. Are you going to make breakfast?”
“Yes. I will make it. You get ready. By the way, how was your show last night?” I interrogated to divert him from the situation.
“It was good. We always show a gala time to our audience. I will take you with me one day.”
“Sure. I would love to.” I smiled and headed out.
I didn’t want to worry Cayden. He has a lot of other things to look out for and I could really try not to be a pain in his ass. Thinking about it, I realized that I forgot to take my sleeping pills yesterday. Is this why I had that weird dream? But this is not the first time that I have skipped my pills. Whatever the reason might be, it felt so real. I know that place and that person too. But I couldn’t remember from where. It is just too unsettling that it happened to me out of nowhere. The name Selene… Why will the person call me that? I mean, I know  names are nothing important, but he addressed me as Selene. Was I someone else in my dreams?
“Are you done?” Cayden’s voice broke my trance.
“uh-uh yeah. It is all done. Let’s eat.” I said hurriedly. Cayden gave me a confused look but I ignored it and placed the plates. We both sat down to eat.
“Damn, did you really make pancakes? I didn’t have them for a lonnng time. Thank you baby shark.” Cayden smiled and I smiled back. “….and I will be meeting your new friends today. Don’t forget.” I nodded.
“I will bring them in during the lunch break.” I answered quietly.
“What’s up? You are behaving different you know.” I perked up at his concerned tone. I looked at him and saw he was worried.
“Nothing, just tired. However, I wanted to ask you. Does the name Selene strike a bell?” I asked. Cayden’s facial features changed but he hid them instantly. BOOM! He definitely knows something, but he won’t tell me.
“Uhhh… I really don’t know. I have never heard about it. Why you asking though?” His eyes were fixed on me as he threw the question.
“Just like that. I mean, Arya was talking about some senior yesterday named Selene. That’s why I thought of asking you.” I really need a prize on how swift I am with lies and excuses. Strict parents do that to you!
“Is it? You sure it is nothing else?” Cayden enquired again. I opened my mouth but shut it instantly as Cayden’s phone started ringing. His attention moved from me to the call he got. I took it as the cue and got up with his and mine empty plate. Cayden was talking about cabinet and I heard him mention the Dean’s name. I cleaned the plates instead of piling them up and head back to my room to get my bag. As I walked out, he motioned me to get in the car as he was still on call. I nodded and waited outside. After some time, he came out and we both hit the road.
The car ride was silent. Cayden didn’t ask me anything about our morning conversation, but I knew it was bugging him. He snapped out on Nyall twice, without any reason. To lighten the mood, I started playing songs on the music system.
“What is this?” Nyall asked confused as I was playing K-pop.
“Haven’t you heard of BTS?” I asked shocked.
“Those seven boys from South Korea on whom the girls go all crazy over?”
“Yes. Them.”
“The music is catchy. But I don’t understand anything. How can you people even listen to it?” He asked. I gave him a death glare.
“Just like how we listen to Spanish and Latin songs without understanding. Why is language a barrier when it comes to music? Come on, they make good songs.” Cayden replied and my mouth dropped open.
“Hey pal, I didn’t know you are into BTS.” Nyall said shocked as me.
“Crescent has a mixed playlist with me. I know from there. They good.” I blinked rapidly; absolutely not believing that he listens to BTS.
“Crescent, teach me about BTS. I wanna know too.” Nyall said with a dedicated expression.
“Gladly.” I smiled and started educating him on my seven boys. The rest of the ride went that way, Nyall being focused on learning their names, and me teaching him diligently.
When we reached Silver Oak, I spotted Shayla and the group. I waved a bye to Cayden and joined them. They were engrossed in something serious but smiled as they saw me.
“Heyyy, good morning Crescent.” Rayne greeted. She was a bit shorter than me with dark black hair and beautiful hazel eyes. Her tone was so fair that one can mistake her for Snow White easily.
“Good morning guys. What is up with you all?” I asked. Shayla and Arya smirked looking at each other. Arya was the shortest one in our group. She was beautiful with brown hair and green eyes. On the other hand, Shayla was as tall as me. She wore glasses which hid her perfectly blue shade eyes that went well with her dark brown hair. In all, the three were really gorgeous and flawless.
“Did you hear that the Dean’s son is back in uni?” Arya asked.
“Dean’s son?” I asked confused.
“Yes. We have seen him twice in our last semester. However, we don’t know his name. I don’t think anyone does, yet he is popular because of Dean Gray.. He stays low and doesn’t talk much. But the girls go gaga over him.” Shayla explained.
“The girls can go gaga over even a 60 year old. I don’t know, I find them too desperate. Why would you force someone to talk when they are clearly not interested?”  Rayne said irritated.
“It’s his aura that pulls everyone. I heard someone say his name is Harland.” Arya piqued in.
“We don’t know about that, but all I know is that we are going to be late for class if we don’t start now.” Shayla threatened and all of us started walking towards our assembly.
The classes went good. I love the professors here, since their teaching is different. Today I shared the seat with Rayne and we kept drawing funny characters on our notebook. I was happy as I really enjoyed their company. Around 12 noon, the bell rang for lunch and we all headed out.
“Guys, I need to talk to you. Would you mind joining Cayden and his group? My brother wants to meet you all.” I said in a quiet tone. The three looked at each other. “… I mean, only if you are comfortable. There is no force.” I added quickly. The three smiled.
“We would love to. We have talked with your brother once and he really is a well-behaved guy. Let’s go.” I brimmed with happiness and lead them to the canteen to Cayden’s table. I was talking with them as I kept walking with my back in front, and the next I know I bumped into something hard. I lost my balance but Arya held me on time and prevented me from embarrassing myself in front of others. I turned around immediately to face the object that I had collision with. The guy was picking up his lunch and I gave him a hand. As I handed him his carton of juice, he turned towards me and my face color changed.
“Lorcan?” I asked surprised.
“Oh hey, Crescent. Glad that you remember my name.” He smirked. Is he kidding me? Why will I forget his name?
“I didn’t know you go to Silver Oakland. Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked ignoring his comments.
“Well, now you know. I will see you around okay. I don't like people finding out with whom I talk to. We might run into each other again.” He said with his charming smile, and I swear I could feel my heart skip a beat. He walked away as I kept wondering what he meant by that statement. Such a jerk! I shrugged it off and turned around. Shayla, Arya and Rayne had their mouths open and looked at me all shocked.
“Are you guys okay?” I asked all intrigued about their expressions.
“HOW DO YOU KNOW HIM CRESCENT?” Arya broke the silence.
“I met him yesterday. Why?” I asked all confused and worried. What on earth is going on here?
“You really don’t know him?” Rayne asked.
“Am I missing here something?” I asked again.
“He is the son of our Dean. And the fact that you know his real name is what makes this situation more complicated. Harland is his middle name, but he told you his first name. It figures now. Because,no one here knows about him but you addressed him by his first name. It's weird. ” Shayla explained.
“What are you talking about?” I asked totally confused about what they are talking about.
“The guy you just talked to is our Dean’s son. Lorcan Harland Gray.” Arya said as I looked at her unbelievingly. "... And even though we have seen him for years, we got to know today that his name is Lorcan because he never discloses it. But he did to you. Don't you find it whimsical that he told you his first name?" I kept staring at Arya as all the last night's event came running back to me. Who on earth is this guy and why is he acting like this? What the actual fuck is going on here?

_________________________________________________
The fact that Lorcan is so mysterious, is what makes him more appealing to these girls. However, do you guys have any favourite fictional characters? Do let me know. Till then stay safe and keep supporting and voting. Thank you for the support till now. Means a lot. Lots of love. 🤍🌼