19

Hey there loveliessss... I hope all of you are doing fine and absolutely healthy. I am extremely sorry for not uploading yesterday, but the wait is over!!! Here's the new chapter.. Happy readingggg! ❤
_________________________________________________

“She is a fairy-tale. She is magical. She is exquisite. Everyone wants to be in her story.”

I woke up early and headed out to check on Cayden. A lot of things had happened with me in the past few days and I was still trying to get a hook on it. The fact that Cayden is not my real brother and Aytac is, still makes the situation worse. I hope I can get over all this.
Nyall was packing his bag for our classes when I entered Cayden’s cabin. He turned around and greeted me with a smile and I did the same.
“How is he holding?” I asked Nyall.
“Doc said he is stable. We can expect him to wake up soon. Did you talk to your mom?”
“We had a small chat but I didn’t mention anything. She asked me about him and I told her that he is busy with his music band.” I replied quietly.
“Pretty good liar I see. She bought it?” Nyall asked with his brows up.
“Yeah I guess. It’s okay. I will make up something more.” Nyall sighed and gave me a pat on my head.
“You coming with me?” I nodded at his question and he smiled.
Cayden was still in the same position. The beep on all those machines makes me dizzy. I held his hand and waited for some reaction but he was still as usual. I checked his phone and saw 75 missed calls from mom. However, it was until I assured her that her son is alright. Her son eh? I can’t even call her my own mom now because she isn’t. I squeezed Cayden’s hand as tears brimmed in my eyes. I wish you were up so that I can tell you everything. Just wake up Cayden...Please!
“Are you ready to go?” I startled at the voice of Nyall. He was standing there at the door.
“Yeah. Let’s go.” I planted a small peck on Cayden’s cheeks and left his cabin.
Nyall and we reached the academy just in time for the assembly. Shayla, Arya, and Rayne saved a place for me in the queue. The Dean gave a small speech about the upcoming exams and in the end added Cayden’s name for a small recovery prayer. As we dispersed for our classes, a hand on my shoulder made me stop. I turned around and all the hair on my body stood up. The Dean was smiling down at me. Her smile gave me an unsettling vibes. I looked past her and saw Lorcan standing at some distance and eyeing us. I moved my gaze back at her.
“Miss Nord, will you please head into my office?” Her voice sounded forced. I hesitated for a moment and nodded. She gave me her sweetest smile and walked off.
“You guys go on. I will catch up.” I told my friends and followed the Dean. They clearly were worried but they just nodded.
The Dean entered her office and I followed. Her back was towards my front. The moment we stepped in, she just snapped her fingers and the door behind me shut close. I squeaked in shock and turned to look at Dean Gray. She had a firm expression on her face.
“Ho-how did you close the door?” I asked, completely scared that she will jump on me any moment.
“How naïve of you Miss Nord? I thought you are well accounted with magic now.” Her words were like a knife. I was honestly getting a weird feeling that I will die.
“What do you want? Why did you call me?” I asked masking my fear.
“Well, now that Aytac and you have reunited, he might have told you about the Chalcis. Tell me, where is it?”
“The what? What are you even talking about?” I asked all confused. Did she say ‘chalk’? Does she needs chalk powder?
“You can stop being that clueless. I know Aytac has told you everything about the Chalcis. I need to know. Where did he keep it?” I literally looked at her with a blank expression. Has she fucking lost her mind?
“Dean Gray, I really don’t know what you are talking about. I will get back to my class. Thank you.” I turned around and started walking away, clearly done with her weird questioning and antics. I was about to reach the doorknob when I heard the Dean’s voice again.
Nolite Mortuis.” Before I could turn back to see what she was talking about, my body froze. I couldn’t even move an inch. It was as if I was paralyzed. I tried to move my fingers and even my whole body but it was all in vain.
“Aah! Not the feisty type anymore eh? Crescent, why do you keep forgetting that you are different now? Mortal ways are no more going to help you. Well, how does it feel to be like your brother?” The moment she mentioned Cayden, I stopped trying. This bitch got some real audacity! “How sad, that you are experiencing the same struggle as your brother! Oh wait, he is not even your brother. Does he know that yet?” I could feel the sting of tears near my eyes. How dare she say things like these? Who is she?
I tried moving my hand once more but I couldn’t. I was shut down completely and I had nothing to do. I don’t even understand why am I even in this situation in the first place?
“…I tried asking you in an easy way. But you decided it will be best to defy me. So let’s do it in a hard way. I will ask again Crescent, where is the Chalcis?” I glared at her as she stood in front of me, tall and high. An evil grin was playing at her lips as she was enjoying my struggle.
“Picking up on someone who just got introduced to magic? So typical of you Asteria.” WTF IS LORCAN DOING HERE AND HOW DID HE GET IN?
“Ah my favorite student. I was just trying to know about her abilities.” The Dean’s voice changed into a fake one, dripping with extra sweetness. Two year olds can also detect that fakeness!
“That’s so kind of you Asteria. Messing with the Moon Goddess, torturing her for your own intentions, and…” Lorcan was now standing in front of me as he wiped a tear from my cheeks. “… making her cry by saying mean things… Sounds like you.”
“She is a goddess. She should be strong enough to withstand my abilities.” The Dean defended herself. Is that ‘fear’ that I can detect in her voice?
“She will. She is strong and will be stronger. But picking up on her when she is not even ready? That’s some goddamn low grade shit. Stay the fuck away from her or you will be dead!” Asteria was glaring back at Lorcan but he didn’t flinch for once. I was totally dumbfounded by the scene taking place in front of me. The Dean is Lorcan’s mom right? Then why did he call her by her name?
Before I could comprehend the whole situation, Lorcan whispered “Saeclum” near my ears. I suddenly felt that weight on me disappearing and I could finally move. I turned to look at Lorcan but he just held my hand and dragged me out of the Dean’s office. I had so many questions but all I could do was to follow my lover boy. We crossed the courtyard in the back and was heading straight towards the thick, tall woods.
“Where are we going? I have class now Lorcan.” I said quietly.
“Forget it. I need to show you something.” He clutched my hand tightly as we both stepped into the restricted area.
“We are not supposed to be here Lorcan.” I said, trying to get a reaction out of him.
“Mortals aren’t allowed because of the magic that exists in these parts. But you are a Goddess babe.” I blinked at his words. He did not turn back but our hands were tightly holding onto each other. I looked around and could only see the tall trees, and the ground was covered in a bed of dry leaves and twigs. There were small bushes here and there with some beautiful wild flowers. After walking for some time, I could hear the rippling sound of the water. Lorcan increased his pace and so did I.
The forest shade ended to a clear opening to a small channel of water. It was like a small narrow, river with crystal clear water. The sunlight made the cascades look more shiny and appealing. I was mesmerized by the beautiful view. Small wild flowers grew on the side of the banks. Lorcan looked down at me and planted a small kiss on my forehead.
“You like it?” He asked softly.
“Are you kidding me? I love it.” I said smiling. He chuckled.
“Ok, let’s go there.” He tugged me and I traced behind him with our hands locked. My eyes travelled a few feet away and my jaw dropped open. There was a small tree house decorated with flowers and light bulbs. A swinging ladder was let down and was awaiting our company.
“ARE YOU FOR REAL? THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!” I let go of Lorcan’s hand and ran towards the ladder. I put one foot on it and another, when the ladder took a 360 degree turn. I squeaked in fear and Lorcan started giggling. He came behind me and grabbed my waist. I shuddered under his touch and turned red. He smirked knowing the effect he has on me. Cursing myself, I pushed myself to climb up with Lorcan’s help. It was easy and soon I was standing on the deck. I looked down and saw Lorcan was halfway through. When did he start climbing? Wait… Does that mean HE GOT A PEEK UNDER MY SKIRT??!! Such a jerk! Lorcan climbed up the deck and pulled the ladder up.
“You are such a jerk you know.” I said. Lorcan gave me a blank look.
“What is it now?”
“Climbing right after me? You got a peek of it, didn’t you?” He raised his eyebrows in question and then smirked when he finally got it. He walked closer to me, sandwiching me between the rails and him.
“You might wanna wear something in red. I would love it while doing you.” My eyes widened realising what he was talking about. I lowered my stance as my cheeks were all heated up. This guy!
Lorcan moved away and entered the tree house. I followed, mentally slapping myself for having all dirty thoughts. Jeez shut up Crescent! The tree house was beautifully decorated. There was a small window that overlooked the water source. Two mattresses covered in white duvet were placed on the floor with 6-7 pillows. There was a small rack that was stuffed with all kind of dry foods, snack items and ramen noodles cup. Just beside the mattress was a small fridge with transparent glass door, and I could see the soft drinks can placed inside. THIS WILL BE A GREAT HIDEOUT! A charging port was placed just below the window. The wooden walls were decorated with LED lights and anime posters. I was smiling from ear to ear.
“How did you find this place?” I asked Lorcan, still not believing the paradise in front of me.
“I built this…for you.” I gasped at Lorcan’s words and turned to face him. He was looking at me all shy but I could feel the warmth and happiness that he was emitting out. Without even thinking much, I just grabbed his face and kissed him. Lorcan was taken aback at first, but soon he kissed back. I could feel his hands cupping my face and the other holding me by my waist. I paused and looked at him. He stared back and smiled. I smiled back and he pulled me again for a kiss. I swear, this guy’s lips are like heaven! I just melt into them every time he kisses me. We stood there, savoring every inch of that delightful kiss. He is insatiable. Every time we stop, I start yearning for more! God.. Lorcan, you are making me greedy day by day.

We both broke apart for air. I smiled as I was taking heavy breaths. Lorcan was still cupping my face with our foreheads touching. He smiled back and I felt those butterflies all over my body. We were looking into each other’s eyes as we stood that way when I observed a flicker in his eyes.
“What is it?” I asked softly. Lorcan just kept smiling.
“What is what?” He asked teasingly.
“I know you got something on your mind. Spill it.” I said trying to sound a bit intimidating.
“You promise you won’t run away if I say what’s on my mind?”
“Why? Are you asking me to have sex?” I asked mischievously. He chuckled at my words.
“Not really. But do you want to?” He leaned down closer. I blushed.
“What is it Lorcan?”
“Promise me you won’t run away.” He sounded serious.
“Okay okay promise.”
“I am serious.”
“So am I. What is it?” I asked again, scared. He closed his eyes and heaved a sigh. When he opened them again, his eyes were looking straight into my soul. My heart skipped a beat.
“I love you.”
I tell you, the heart attack I had….
_________________________________________________

Lalalaaaaaa lalalalaaaaaaaaaaa lalalaaaaaaaa... LORCAN FINALLY SAID ITTTTTT!!! GAAWDDD.. LUCKY CRESCENT! Trust me, I envy Crescent so much😭 But I am happy for her🥺❤ Ughhhh, these two be getting into some real relationship shit ig!! Hahaaaa... Well, more twists are yet to come! Keep reading, voting, and sharing. Do comment your feelings about this chapter! ❤ Stay safe.. ❤