12

Hello there lovelies... How are you all doing? I know life is difficult right now, but hold on.. Oh well, let me make ya guys laugh. So yesterday, a lizard fell on me while I was sleeping...(cries in disgust) 🙂 I know you all went 'eww' after reading that, but that's what happened. Anyway, here is the new chapter with some twists. Keep sharing, reading and commenting. Thank you for the support. 😗❤
_________________________________________________

“We are stuck in a simulated world created by our consciousness. But there is a way out.”

“What’s with that boggle face Crescent?” Arya’s words made me look up.
“Is that a Harry Potter reference?” Shayla asked as she fixed her glasses.
“YES, you muggle. That movie makes me so nostalgic. But that doesn’t matter right now. Crescent, what’s up?” Arya asked once again concerned. Shayla and Rayne turned to look at me. We were basking under the sun, in the courtyard.
“Nothing is. Why would you think that way Arya?” I asked trying to avoid the question.
“Do you keep forgetting that it is more than a month that you have been our friend? We can tell by your face. Since that conversation with professor Reiss, you have been like this.” Rayne piped in. I just stared at them. I really wanted to tell them. I was going insane keeping all these thoughts to myself and stuff. Cayden and I are not on speaking terms yet. But I was worried, since I don’t know any answers to all my queries.
“It is nothing important.” I said quietly.
“Well, if it isn’t we won’t bug you more. But you do realize you can talk to us. We are here for you.” Shayla said and smiled. I gave her a small smile in return.
“I know and, I am grateful for you guys. There are some unsettling things which I have no answers to. Even I am seeking for the answers.” I said.
“You can try talking to us about it. Maybe we will know about it. You can ask.” Shayla said. I bit my lip at her words as my hands reached out to my bag. I was hesitant, but I thought of giving it a shot. I took out the magazine that I found a month back in Purple Crow. The three of them gave me a confused look.
“Do you know this guy?” I pointed and handed them over the magazine. All of them literally jumped on each other to see what I was asking about. The three scrutinized the picture. Arya and Rayne looked demented. However, Shayla’s brows scrunched up.
“I have seen this guy. He was here attending a festival. Most probably he is from the education board. What’s up with him? Did he do something to you?” Shayla looked at me at the last part of her question. Arya and Rayne perked their head up too, waiting for an answer.
“I don’t know him. I have never seen him in my life. But he appeared in my dreams. That’s why I want to know about him.” I said.
“What dream? What are you even talking about Cres?” Rayne inquired. I heaved a sigh.
“Remember that time when I slept in class, and you guys thought that maybe I passed out? That day, I had a dream. I don’t even know if it was a dream! I mean, once I was in class, and the very next moment I saw myself in this room. It was some Victorian style and I was in a gown. I swear I could feel myself being awake. I wanted answers so I was looking around, and there was a picture. This man was in that picture with me. I was sitting… on an ottoman or something, and he stood there behind me. I thought of looking for more but then I heard footsteps outside. I got scared and pretended to be asleep. Whoever came in, they were calling me by Selene. And this is not the first time that I have been referred to by that name in my dream. It has happened numerous times. It is weird okay! I have never seen or met that guy before, yet he appeared in my dream and that too with me. It is messed up.” I explained. Arya, Rayne, and Shayla just looked at me as if I have lost my mind. The three of them then looked at each other and again back at me. Haha.. Amazing. I just made a fool of myself in front of them!
“You dream of people subconsciously. If you dreamt of that person, you might have met him earlier. You just don’t remember. Maybe your brother knows. Otherwise, it is not possible.” Arya broke the silence. I nodded and opened my mouth to say something but Shayla interrupted.
“However, it can happen if you are seeing someone else’s dreams. Crescent tell me, do you need any kind of medication to fall asleep?”
“I do. But how does it make a difference?” I asked intrigued.
“It doesn’t. Have you been taking them? Have you been dreaming?”
“Yes and no. I take my medications regularly to avoid dreaming. It helps me sleep and I don't have to think or dream about anything. But I don’t understand how…”
“…you need to stop the medicines. Crescent, if the dreams were only way that were showing you stuffs like these, it is the only way to get answers. You have to stop the medicines. Since when have you been getting these dreams?” Shayla asked all serious. Arya and Rayne looked stupefied by our conversation. If it wasn’t for such a serious situation, I would have burst out looking at them.
“I got ‘em first when I was 13. I used to scream in my sleep. Mum said it is because of watching too much of thrillers. However, I always felt different.” I said.
“That explains. I think you should try this way and see if it helps you.” Shayla advised me. I nodded. I really didn’t think that anyone of them will take me seriously, but honestly I was relieved that they did.
“WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING AND WHAT ARE YOU GUYS EVEN TALKING ABOUT?” All of us turned towards Rayne shocked, by her sudden outburst.
“Geez, calm down Rayne. Why are you even screaming?” Arya snapped back.
“Why not? Did you not hear these two? They were talking in some god language! Are you in a cult, Crescent?” Rayne asked and I couldn’t hold back my laughter.
“Seriously Rayne? After everything, that’s the only possible explanation you could come up with? No wonder you would be the first one to die in a zombie apocalypse.” Shayla commented.
“Woah woah, WHAT? Zombie apocalypse?” It was my time to get shocked.
“We took a test on who will survive the most if there is a zombie apocalypse. Rayne didn’t even last for a day.” Arya answered, looking at Rayne all disappointed.
“You guys didn’t even help me out. I kept asking you people but you guys were making fun of me.” Rayne snapped back all mad.
“Doesn’t change the fact that you will be dying first. Anyway, what’s the deal with the name Selene?” Arya asked.
“I don’t know. I mean, Professor Reiss’s piece of information just made it more complicated. How is it even relatable to me?”
“Well, it can be a possibility that it is the name of that other person whose dream you have been seeing. I mean it can…”
“…but it is her own dream Arya.” Shayla cut Arya in the mid sentence. “She isn’t dreaming of someone else. Crescent clearly said that the photo frame had her picture too. That means, it was her own face.”
“But what connection does the name Selene have with hers?” Arya asked confused. Even I nodded and looked at Shayla. She was deep in her thoughts.
“Do you guys even realize that her name is Crescent?” Rayne suddenly stated. We all looked at her confused.
“And what about it?” I asked. Rayne rolled her eyes.
“And you guys call me dumb. Crescent, your name symbolizes the shape of the moon. Selene is the moon goddess. No matter what, it doesn’t change the fact that you were named after the moon. It is a connection that might lead to something.” Rayne replied back. We all looked at her astounded. Rayne stared back at us all dumbfound. “What? Why are you all looking at me that way?”
“You just fucking proved that you are not dumb anymore! Dammnnnn, how did you even come up with this Rayne?” Arya asked, equally shocked like all of us.
“It just clicked. I always pondered about her name. Its too uncommon, yet common when you see it the other way. It’s like, whoever named her Crescent, wouldn’t want others to know that her name is Selene too. You can say, like a code word.” Rayne answered. Arya and me stared at her all speechless. Fucking hell!
“That was one hell of a brilliant observation Rayne. I really think, we should all do a bit of research about all the academy members to help Crescent. There must be something.” Shayla suggested us all and we nodded in agreement. I was about to tell them about the silhouette in my dream, when a familiar voice made an entry.
“I was looking for you everywhere Arya. You could have texted me.” We all turned around to see Sage walking up to us. She addressed us with a nod and, all of us smiled back.
“I am so sorry babe. I just got busy. Why, what’s up?” Arya’s voice changed as soon as she saw Sage. She walked up to Arya and gave her a peck on her lips. Arya went all red as Sage was smirking. The rest of us looked anywhere but them, all smiling. It’s been a while that Arya has been going out with Sage. They are literally so fucking adorable that anyone can melt at the sight of these two together!
“I was just missing you. Are you free?” Sage asked.
“Ya. However, I have to attend the last class which is in less than fifteen minutes.”
“It is alright. Mind if I steal my girl for a while guys?” Sage looked at us for permission.
“Not at all. Go have fun.” I said. Sage smiled.
“Just don’t get caught making out in some cupboard. We have more shits to deal with right now.” Shayla teased. Arya rolled her eyes at us and went off with Sage. The rest of us settled down in the courtyard again.
“Have you told Lorcan about these?” Rayne asked. I nodded sideways.
“You should I guess. He is the dean’s son, and he might know a great deal.” Shayla suggested.
“I wanted to. But I don’t know if I can trust him with these. A month back he was having a meeting with someone. He never told me who, but I saw the initial ‘Fiore Varden’ on the number plate of that car. It is the same as of…”
“…Aytac.” Shayla completed my sentence. I looked at her and then nodded. “Look Crescent, I know you like him, but be careful. I want to ask you a lot of stuffs about him because I am worried. I hope you do know why everyone steers out of Lorcan’s way.”
“Yes, but there was no evidence that he did anything.” I defended.
“Even I believe that. That was not the first time that something happened like that in Silver Oakland. Many people go missing from here for days and then suddenly reappear like nothing happened.” Rayne added.
“What about the cops? Don’t they investigate?” I asked all concerned.
“They do. But the victims always take back their case. It is weird, it always was.” Shayla said in a quiet tone. “Lorcan might know stuffs. You need to talk to him about all this. And cut off your medicine from today. You need to dream so that you can seek answers.”
“Yes. I am still wondering about the names though. Crescent and Selene.”
“You should ask your mom. She can tell you, why she named it.” Rayne replied to my statement.
“I will. But I really doubt if she….”
“CRESCENT!” I was cut off by a shrill scream. My heart raced as I turned around to see a worried and nervous Rieka running towards me. Shayla and Rayne were also in a state of shock by the sudden interference.
“Rieka… are you okay?” I asked supporting her as she held on to me gasping for air.
“It.. It’s Cayden.” She said between her breaths. My eyes widened at the mention of my brother’s name.
“What happened to him? Rieka tell me!” I shook her hard, as blood drained out of me.
“He-he met with an accident. He is not breathing.”
_________________________________________________

Poor Crescent.. Doesn't get a moment to solve her own problems! Well, what do you think about Aytac? What relation does he have with Crescent? 👀 And, out of all the time, Cayden met with an accident now. Weird Ain't it? Anyway, you will get to know next week about that. Till then, stay safe and indoors 🌼 Take care guys❤