25

YESSS PPLLLL... I AM STILL ALIVE!!! First of all, extremely sorry for my absence for all these months! Secondly, A VERY ONE MONTH LATE HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU! I hope all of you are doing good and in good health! Anyways, here is the new chapter after months! Happy reading🥺❤
_________________________________________________

"You have always been enough”

My eyes fluttered as I felt the warm gush of wind blow into my neck. I blinked several times to wake myself up and understand what it was. Wiping my eyelids, and sitting up, realization hit me that it was Lorcan’s cute little snores. A smile crept up on my lips as I watched him sleep like a baby, all curled up beside me. I looked up and froze, totally not believing my eyes. WHERE THE HECK AM I?! Something tucked at my tummy and looking down, my eyes spotted Lorcan’s arms holding me close to him. That’s when it hit me that even my wardrobe was different and so was Lorcan’s. I stood up to take a good look at myself and my man. Lorcan was still shirtless but wearing some kind of leather pants. On the other hand, a white, long, lacey and soft fabric hugged my body. I ran my fingers over it, all confused and panicked. We both were lying on the white marble floor. My eyes scanned my surrounding and I found the answer, we both were in Nevaeh.  

The moonlight seeping in through the large glass pane hit Lorcan’s beautiful face, making him look like a Greek God. Absorbing the room around me, I was positive that we both were in the main hallway. The grand spiraled staircase, the long drapes for the Victorian style windows and the gorgeous chandelier with other small lamps made it easy for me. I held onto my dress as I walked towards the window. As I approached it, I could see the moon- beautiful and illuminating. I gasped at how big it was and so near to me. Putting my hand against the cold window pane, I stood there all mesmerized by the sight. The royal garden was in full bloom and looked breathtaking under the pearl-colored moonlight. 

“Love the view Goddess?” I gasped as I heard the husky voice of Lorcan. He wrapped his arms around my torso as he placed a soft but lingering kiss on my neck.

“When did you wake up?” I asked, feeling the touch of his lips.

“Right after you stood up. It was cold and I knew you weren’t there.” He said, grazing my neck with his nose. I let out a small gasp because of your touch and his words too.

“The moon looks so pretty.” 

“I know.” He whispered. I could feel his eyes on me. Shyly, I turned my face to look at him and smiled. Lorcan cupped my face and leaned down, planting a chaste kiss on my lips.

“How did we shift to Nevaeh in our sleep?” I asked all confused.

“You see...” Lorcan pulled me in closer to him and continued, “...we are already bonded to this world. However, when you shifted this time, you wanted it consciously with me.”

“So, I can shift consciously... like knowing that I am shifting?” 

“Yes, you can. Aytac will teach you that and once you master a technique, you can shift like us easily.” He smiled genuinely.

“A technique? Do you mean there are many?” I asked all inquisitive.

“There are many techniques kitten. Some of them need to write on paper for shifting. We have ranks according to how one shifts in this world.”

“That sounds terrible, I mean why distinguish someone based on how they can shift? Are we living in some pre-historic era?” The distinguishing really sounded dumb to me. Lorcan chuckled hearing my question.

“Well, if you are wondering if we treat the lower ranks poorly, then you are completely wrong. The ranks are based on how fast one can shift to the other world, if something happens here. Aytac is a royal but his shifting rank is lower than me.” I gave Lorcan a stupefied look.

“Damn and this guy wants me to learn shifting from him. The nerve though!” I said in a sarcastic tone.

“Do not misunderstand me kitten, but Aytac is superior to me in all other skills. I just want you to believe him for once and give him a chance. I know it is difficult for you, but he never had any sister apart from you. You had Cayden, but Aytac stayed quiet about you all these years to protect you. I really think he deserves a chance.” Lorcan looked deep into my eyes as he said those words. I didn’t want to answer anything so I did what I am best at- changed the goddamn topic!

“What about my parents? Do they know that I exist?” I asked looking straight at Lorcan. He sighed and then looked the other way.

“I don’t think it is my place to tell you anything related to your family. Aytac will d...” I cut Lorcan in the middle.

“- I don’t care when Aytac will spill out rest of the beans. I just wanted to know ‘yes’ or ‘no’. You answer it and I won’t ask you anything about my family anymore.”

“They did.” Lorcan said looking at me.

“Did?” I asked all confused. “What do you mean by ‘did’? Elaborate.”

“You literally said that you won’t question about your family anymore.” Lorcan defended.

“Yes, but you didn’t answer between ‘yes’ or ‘no’. You chose a whole different word so how does that make sense?” I snapped back.

“Kitten, as much as I love you, this is really not my place to tell you about your family. It is against my words. You have to understand this.” Lorcan pleaded and I just caved in. He is right. I cannot force him, since he is a royal subject too and they have their own stuffs to take care of.

“I am sorry. I didn’t mean to push you.” I hugged him as he held me close. The warmth radiating out of him calmed me down.

“You want to go outside to take a look at yourself?” Lorcan smirked. I scrunched up my brows and then his reference hit me. He was talking about the moon. I smiled shyly as he took hold of my hand and we walked out.

The night sky was illuminated with uncountable stars and the moonlight. I couldn’t stop staring at the paradise in front of me. It was purely magical and unbelievable.

“This is so beautiful.” That’s the only thing I could say. The sight was to mesmerizing and I was completely absorbed in its beauty.

“You can spot shooting stars every minute from here.” The moment Lorcan mentioned it, I saw one in the sky. I was smiling like anything, watching it like a kid.

“I didn’t know Neaveh was so beautiful. I never focused on the beauty because I was always so confused about what was happening.” I said in a quiet tone.

“I think anyone in your position will do the same babe. You got shifted to some unknown world without any warning- gawking at the beauty of the place will be the last thing on someone’s mind. But now that you have no worries, I want you to enjoy it.” Lorcan said as he pulled me and started running. I followed his footsteps, holding his hand and trying not to trip over my long dress.

“Where are we going?” I asked, still running and holding his hand. 

“Just keep running....” I didn’t question anymore. It was a midnight adventure of two souls in Nevaeh who were in love.
_________________________________________________
I just jumped back with a small chap for today! However, the weekly updates will be up from next week! Thank you for sticking by and also the messages asking when I will be uploading... Means a lot🥺❤ Take care and stay safe.