17

Hello there loveliessss... I hope all of you are doing fine and great! Well here's the new chapter and I must say it will be a lot to take in! Please keep supporting and reading! 💜 Don't forget to vote... And take care.. ❤
_________________________________________________

“Sometimes we seek that which we are not yet ready to find.”

The room was dark and barely lit. I could smell alcohol and some other kind of liquors in the air. I was mostly blind as I stumbled against a table and soon felt a hand holding me. I knew the touch. Lorcan seemed nervous and scared but I was not ready to give up now. Not when this man is standing right in front of me! 

“Please take a seat. Would you guys like anything to drink?” Aytac asked. I nodded. “Ah! You still young I see.”

“We just had red wine Aytac. Please do not bother about it.” Lorcan commented.

“Alright, alright. So what is it that you want to know about Selene?”

“Everything. I know you guys are hiding a lot of stuffs from me. Tell me about it.”

“That’s indeed a serious accusation.” Aytac sips on his glass and comes to sit with us. “I thought your lover boy here has told you everything by now. But it seems you are still clueless.” I glared at Lorcan but he stoically ignored me as his eyes bore a hole at Aytac’s.

“She doesn’t have to know. She is safe.” Lorcan said in a serious tone.

“She is for now. But can you help her if she shifts into our enemy’s hands? It was a miracle that both the times she shifted at our own home. I was out but thankfully my caretakers did a great job.”

“What enemy? What are you guys even talking about?” I asked all bemused. Lorcan heaved a sigh.

“Selene, I will tell you everything. Just so you know, I am not your enemy. I am trying to protect you just like Lor-“

“-Why should I trust you? I have been looking for you and you knew it.”

“There are complications. It is not as simple as you think. A lot of things will seem unbelievable to you but these are true. Evil exists. Magic exists. So does other realms.” Aytac said looking right into my soul. Nothing makes sense to me. Absolutely nothing! They are talking in some alien context and it makes no fucking sense.

“Aytac, she is confused. You are making it more difficult.” Lorcan just spoke my mind. Aytac chuckled and nodded. Now that I see him, I realized that he is really good looking. He was tall with a sharp figure. His eyes glowed cold grey and had a fair complexion. His grayish white hair complimented his facial features well and he was probably in his mid twenties. In all together, he really was above average. Shayla or Rayne would definitely go for him!

“Are you done scrutinizing me? I am not here to kill you Selene.” I hid my face out of embarrassment as I see Lorcan smirking. Isn’t he jealous?

“Why should I even believe what you say? Sure that you did nothing yet, but what’s the guarantee?” I asked back.

“Because you are my sister Selene. Tell me which cold-hearted brother kills his sister?” Aytac’s words were like a sword passing through me. What the fuck did he just say? But Cayden… This makes no sense. Did Lorcan know? Explains why he wasn’t jealous!

I literally succumbed back in the couch as I eyed both of them. It’s either them who have lost their mind or this is a very, very bad dream, and I need to wake up. I really feel these people are just trying to manipulate me into believing that I am crazy.