23

Hey guys..  I am so sorry for being so inactive! My work takes up a lot of my time and recently my head was in a dark place.. I hope all of you are doing fine and is amazing.. Stay safe and take care.. Here's the new chapter.. Hope you guys enjoy it❤
_________________________________________________

“I only sleep to dream of forever with you.”

Life is difficult. Every time I try relaxing for a bit that it is going perfect, life hits me back. It is like a BIG BANG taking place and no one can hear it. My happy moments get broken down in instance by incidents and presence of people. The only good thing that this academy gave me was my friends and Lorcan. However, it seems that I am about to lose him too!
“Crescent? Did you hear what I say?” I look up to see Nyall staring back at me with a confused look.
“I am sorry, I-I zoned out. What is it?” I apologized.
“It is alright. Probably it is the lack of rest. Can you please fetch some water for Aytac?” Nyall looked at him. I turned to see Aytac sitting beside my brother and chatting with him. Thyone was on the other side doing some work. The sight of Aytac with my brother boiled my blood. What does he want? He knows everything yet? As if on cue, Aytac turned to look at me and smiled. I was taken aback but masked it with a fake smile soon enough. Cayden followed Aytac’s eyes and looked at me. I swear I could see a tint of sadness in his eyes but he just smiled. I gave him a smile too and got up to get some water for that bloody bastard.
I walked out of the cabin and headed off to the cafeteria to get a bottle of water. The distance wasn’t much for me to cover. I was paying for the bottle of water when someone bumped into me.
“I-I am sorry… So sorry.” The person apologized.
“It’s alright. Are you okay though? Do you-“ I stopped mid way. It was Mirella.
“Ouu Crescent. It is you. Hi.” She greeted nervously.
“Hey. What are you doing here?” I asked.
“I-I just came to visit a relative of mine. What about you? Oh wait, it is Cayden right?” She asked.
“Ya. My brother is admitted here.”
“Yes. I remember. How is he doing? Is everything alright?” She asked all concerned.
“He just regained his conscious after weeks.. so ya its pretty much alright I guess.” I said quietly.
“I am glad. He will be alright. Do not worry. Anyway, I have to run. Catch you later.”
“Sure. I hope your relative gets well soon too.” I said smiling.
“What? What relative?” She asked all confused. I gave her a bewildered stare. Is this girl for real?
“You said that your relative is admitted here so….” I was really weirded out.
“Oh oh oh, yeah. I am so sorry. Yes, my aunt. Ya thanks. Catch you later.” She gave me a fake smile and literally dashed out of the exit. That whole conversation was so damn queer. I mean, is she pretending that someone is admitted here? But why to lie if no one is? Ughh, none of my job!
I walked out and headed off to Cayden’s room. When I entered, Nyall and Thyone were nowhere to be seen. Cayden and Aytac were still talking. I headed in and both turned towards me. I smiled as I closed the door behind me.
“Where did the others go?” I asked.
“Thyone and Nyall went to get some food and talk to the doctor. What kept you for so long?” Cayden asked.
“I just bumped into one of my classmates. How you feeling?” I asked changing the topic.
“I am absolutely fine. Aytac has been keeping me good company. I don’t think you know him. Come over here.” Cayden called for me. I gulped and masking my uncomfortable feeling I walked towards him. “Aytac, this is my sister Crescent. Crescent, this is Aytac. You don’t know but he is an important member from our educational board, and like a big brother to me.” The last part of Cayden’s line threw me off for a second. I looked at Aytac and he was still masking the situation with his smile. We shook hands, pretending that we have never met. I could still feel the spark that passed down from his hands to my body. I quickly removed my hand and sat on the other side of Cayden’s bed.
“Cayden tells me that you love reading about royalty?” Aytac asks. I blinked twice to make sure that I heard him correctly. Is he pulling my leg right now?
“Yes. Just for fun. How about you? Do you like royalty too?” I asked. If it was not for Cayden I might have already chopped off Aytac’s head with the blade that I always carry in my bag.
“Ah well, it is in my blood you know. My family has a history of being royal and I am just one of their legacy who is carrying it forward.”
“Damn, I never knew that man. How come you never revealed it to us? We know each other for years now.” Cayden said all elated. Aytac laughed.
“I keep it low profile because of the orders from above. I did plan of telling you some day. It hit me when you said your sister is into royalty and stuffs. You see, my sister is also into royalty and magic.” Aytac answered smiling. If my eyes could shoot lasers, Aytac would be dead for sure! What is he trying to do here? Does he even realize that Cayden just came out of a shock?
“Crescent can be good friends with her. Is she of her age?” Cayden asked.
“Yes, she is the same age as your sister. If Crescent wants, I can take her to meet my sister. What do you say?” Aytac asked smiling. I was shooting daggers with my eyes!
“Why not? She needs a break too. I am sure she will love it. What do you say baby shark?” Cayden turned towards me all smiling. I looked at him and just smiled. If only you knew Cady!
“Ya-ya. Maybe because I stay busy for my work. I can’t even catch up for a movie with my friends so I really don’t think this will happen anytime soon. But thank you for the offer.” I replied with my sweetest fakest smile.
“You can try on Sundays though. Come on, I mean you should try it for me. Aytac is like my big brother Cres. What do you say?” Cayden looked at me with his puppy eyes. And well, WHO CAN SAY NO TO THOSE?
“Alright, alright. I will. You happy now?” I asked with a faint smile and he smiled back. Aytac was watching our camaraderie closely and just smiled when I looked at him. He really shouldn’t expect that he and I will be sharing the same bond as Cayden and me; even if we are related by blood.
“Well, I must head back now since Selene is all alone at home.” Aytac said. I gave him a horrified look but got myself together so that Cayden doesn’t sense anything.
“Selene?” Cayden asked. Aytac looked at me and then back at him.
“It is my sister. Her name is Selene.” Aytac smiled.
“It is a beautiful name. I hope to meet her soon one day along with Crescent.” Cayden said. Aytac and I gave each other a swift glance.
“Ya one day Cady. It is late now. You need to take some rest. I will escort Aytac outside. I will be back soon okay. Let’s go.” I said hurriedly and literally shoved Aytac outside Cayden’s cabin. I didn’t wait for him to catch up with me to the exit. The moment we walked outside the hospital I literally jumped on Aytac with my questions.
“WHAT DO YOU THINK WERE YOU DOING UP THERE?” I asked all pissed.
“Nothing. I know Cayden for a long time. I was just checking up on him.” Aytac said casually. The audacity!
“Oh really? So which part of ‘my sister’ and ‘Selene’ was you checking on him? Why did you try to bring your sister in that conversation? Cayden doesn’t know that you are my brother and not… not….” I stopped. I didn’t want to speak out the last part. It hurt me. Aytac just looked at me but didn’t say anything.
“He has to know one day.” He whispered quietly after a while.
“Well, that day can wait! I don’t want my life to be messier anymore. Don’t make it hard for me Aytac. And what makes you think that even if the truth comes out, things will change between Cayden and me?” I asked all serious and looking him dead in the eye. Aytac opened his mouth but shut it instantly. His eyes showed a flicker of sadness but I didn’t bother. He kept a straight face and just nodded his head.
“Just so you know, I am not the enemy. Lorcan will pick you up on Sunday for your first training at 7am. Be sure to be prepared. See you soon.” Saying he walked away, without giving me a chance to say something back. I just stared at his receding figure, all mad and pissed at myself. Aytac climbed into a BMW and as the car drove away I saw him looking at me. I didn’t wave nor smiled.
The car was about to take the final turn, my eyes caught a familiar figure sitting beside him- MIRELLA.
_________________________________________________

Imagine lying about your relative's health to avoid someone! 💀 I do feel bad for Crescent. She's really in a fixed state coz of Aytac and Cayden. I do hope she survives this Bro Warfare... Anyway, do let me know what do you guys think about Mirella? Like why was she with Aytac? She seems sus!