18

Hey thereeee beautiful people.. I hope all of you are doing fine. Well, before I publish my new chapter today, I really really wanna thank you guys all with the positive feedbacks. The amount of love and support that I keep receiving, is just overwhelming for me.. Thank you soooo much as it keeps me motivated.. 💜❤❤ Many thanks.. ❤ And now we go for the new chapter!
_________________________________________________

"Lunacy is not an option, it is a choice."

"So tell me about the state back in Aeon mansion? Did they find a new way to fool the commoners that the Moon Goddess is still missing?"
"Madame, my intel talked about the appearance of a sudden maiden. Sir Aytac has claimed that it is his blood sister, Selene."
"Well, that just turned out to be more interesting. I feel, my time to pay him a visit has come. He will be elated. Start the preparations right away to visit Aytac. We should also pay a visit to his sister."
"Yes, Madame. Anything else you would want me to look into?"
"Ask your intel to find out about the 'Chalcis'. That is the only way to win against Aytac."
"Sure Madame. I will take your leave now."
As I sipped wine, I smirked. Oh poor Aytac, we meet very soon!

*********************************************

"Are you okay? Should I carry you?" Lorcan's words broke my daze. We were parked right outside my apartment. Silence prevailed.
"I am just shocked. I didn't know that seeking answers will lead to me a world of impossibilities and magic. It is a lot to take in." I said quietly. Lorcan placed his hand on mine and I turned to look at him.
"I know it will sound stupid but you got Aytac and me beside you. We will be helping you with every little detail and also your training."
"My training? What do you mean by that?" I asked all bemused.
"You have to undergo some strict training to be strong. You are the Moon Goddess Crescent. You have to understand that danger will always be looming above you and if we aren't there, you have to take a stand for yourself.'
"Do you mean sword fights and shit?" Lorcan's expression changed to that of seriousness which he tried to play it off by masking it instantly.
"Ya kind of." I stared back at him with wide eyes. "I mean, there is magic too." I gave him a stern look and turned away. Heaving a sigh, I succumbed back in the front seat.
"Should the magic part make me feel better?" My voice was stern.
"Well, that was the whole idea babe." I sat back and punched him in his elbows.
"Owww...that was not necessary. You will be fine." Lorcan tried to console me.
"Fine is an understatement. Don't you think so?"
"Trust me, it is not bad. Give it a chance. Aytac and I were just trying to protect you. He is your brother Crescent."
"Then who is Cayden?" I questioned. Lorcan was taken aback. He opened his mouth but shut it instantly as he was at loss of words. "Exactly. That's what I thought. I grew up with Cayden. I share a bond with him. And out of nowhere, now I am a part of this mysterious realm where Aytac claims to be my brother? Can you empathize this situation with me? My real brother is actually not my brother? So that also concludes that my parents aren't real too?" I asked Lorcan with tears brimming in my eyes. Lorcan looked anywhere but me. He finally got hold of how I was feeling.
"Aytac will tell you about your parents Crescent. It is honestly not my place." I clenched my teeth as the tears ran down. Nodding, I opened the passenger door and made my way to the apartment. Lorcan did not follow me and I didn't even intend him to.
As soon as I stepped inside the apartment, I dropped on my knees and let my tears out. It was not about the fact that I was actually a part of different realm, but the fact that Cayden and my parents weren't actually my real family. I felt betrayed, and broken. It's them that I have known all my life, and now suddenly it is like someone throwing the words, 'YOU ARE ADOPTED' right on my face. I wonder if Cayden knows about this. How will he react when he gets to know that all this while, he was actually living with some kind of impostor? The more I thought about Cayden, my tears kept falling. I really wish that all of this turns out to be a bad dream and I wake up soon.
I was really heartbroken and my mind was full of all kind of negative thoughts. I don't know how long I have been sitting that way, when I heard a soft clunk. I looked up but it was quiet again. Thinking that it was just my mind playing tricks, I let go of it when suddenly I heard the clunk sound again. I wiped my tears and realised it was from the bedroom. I stood up and made my way slowly towards the room when it hit me that it can be a possible serial killer. Ughh, Crescent you watch too much of murder stuffs! Without thinking twice, I grabbed a vase kept on the table and with small steps made it to the bedroom.
I peeked inside the room and saw that it was empty. The balcony door was also locked. I turned towards the washroom and saw it was wide open. My heart was beating fast as I walked slowly towards the bathroom. Is the killer really there? Can I fight him with just a vase? What if he has a gun? Or, a knife? Will I get arrested if I kill him instead? No, dumbass! Stop over thinking! I was standing right outside the door of my washroom. My breathing fastened but I tried my best not to make a sound. I mentally sent a prayer and dashed in, attacking blows simultaneously. The bathroom was empty. I removed the shower curtains but there was no one. I heaved a sigh of relief and put the vase down. I looked at my reflection in the mirror as I calmed my breathing. I looked hysterical. My hairs were all out, I was sweating profusely and had an exhausted look on my face. I washed my face and then got out of the bathroom.
The balcony door was shut tightly. I walked towards it as and slid open it, allowing the cool breeze to enter. The sound of the river really made it better and I went back to lie on my bed. As I was about to lie down, my eyes caught an unfamiliar object at the corner of the bed. I turned around and saw it was an envelope with a blue seal. Curious, I grabbed it to read its content. The seal was in royal blue colour, with a tree and five stars above it. The seal was bordered with a golden colour. I was staring at it all confused and shook it. The envelope was actually heavy, and I felt there was an object inside it. Suddenly I had an eerie feeling that I was being watched. I looked around a bit scared, but there was no one. I placed the envelope on my bed, and walked up to the balcony. I looked around but not a single soul was outside. The streets were empty like my mind! I had a very strange feeling, so I rushed back in and closed the balcony door. I locked it and drew the curtains to shut out the outside world. With each step towards the envelope, I became more inquisitive and nervous at the same time.
The seal was fresh. It was still gooey and I had no difficulties in opening it straightaway. As I put my hand inside, I felt something soft. I pull it out and it was a letter folded. The envelope was still heavy, so I looked inside and I saw something in blue shining. I was dumbfounded, when I took it out and it turned out to be a gorgeous neckpiece. The chain was in silver colour, with a blue stone embedded in the centre with silver on it. At this point, I was confused like anything and totally weirded out. How did it end up here? Someone definitely barged in but who and why? The neckpiece looked expensive as fuck and I knew it was something very precious! I put it aside and opened the letter.
The letter was carved in beautiful cursive handwriting. I traced my hand over it as I was shocked by the beauty that was in front of me. Who on earth possesses such Godly handwriting? My eyes scanned the letter as I start reading the neat, carved words.

Loving Selene,
Your brother just informed me about the little talk that you had with him. I was elated when I got to know that our Moon Goddess is now aware of her own existence. It is one of the best news that we have received in years. Our Goddess will finally reunite with her family and the whole Nevaeh is looking forward to your return. However, you need to understand that you have to follow many protocols in order to be safe. Since you are new to our realm and still an amateur in terms of your powers, your brother has ordered me to send you a talisman that can keep you safe. I have sent the most powerful Phylactery from our artifact's and I hope you use it in the best of your intentions. It is an earnest request to wear it as it will protect you from the evil magic. I am looking forward to meet you soon. Please stay safe and take care of yourself.
Yours sincerely,
Marlene.
Aeon Clan

I read the letter and heaved a sigh. Who would have ever thought that Marlene got such beautiful handwriting? I was surprised considering the fact she always seemed as a cool caretaker to me. I folded the letter and kept it aside. The Phylactery was lying on the side. I picked it up and scrutinized every part of it. As much as I am grateful to Madam Marlene, I was still not fully capable of believing that they are family and they want to protect me. There were a lot of things that I am still unaware of and I am not planning to entrust myself with any clan until and unless all my quests are answered.
I got up and went towards the dressing table. I stared at my reflection as I was wearing the talisman. It was heavy for me but looked beautiful. I just smiled, replaying all the incidents that took place today. Switching off the light, I went back to my bed for some sleep. As I closed my eyes, I realised that from tomorrow onwards I am a new person. Sleep Crescent, or Selene? Well, there are more things to worry about than just my names!
As sleep overtook me, I had no idea that someone faraway was already plotting my doom!
_________________________________________________

Poor Crescent... First, her dreams give her a hard time and now she finds out that her whole life has been a lie! I feel sad for her but she still doesn't know what the future awaits for her.. Nor do we! 🌝 So let's wait for the next chapters and see how she manages her new life.. She is no more just a normal teenager! Haha, till then stay safe guys! ❤