10

Konnichiwa my amazing readers... Well, we reached chapter 10. I am still surprised that I could come this far but all thanks to you guys for supporting and, keeping me motivated.. It really means a lot.. That's why, I made this chapter a bit special👀😌 Ok.. I won't reveal it.. Keep reading and let me know in the comments🤍 Stay safe... 🤍
_________________________________________________

“And in darkness, she found her madness…”

“…. Crescent, can you hear me?” I jerked as I heard Shayla’s voice calling me. I turned to look at her.
“uh- what’s up?” I asked. We were in our Art class and I have been staring at the colorful canvas in front of me.
“Are you okay? I have been calling you for so many times but you didn’t answer.” Her tone was a concerning one.
“I am, I am.. Don’t worry. Just a lot of things on my mind right now. Tell me, what you wanted to talk about?”
“Well, seems like you are completely engrossed in your painting. Anyway, we wanted to go for a movie on Saturday. Will you be free?”
“Ya… Well, which movie?” I asked out of curiosity.
“About that…” Her face dropped and I gave her a stupefied look. “.. Rayne and Arya are still fighting about it. It is impossible to stop them.” She sighed. I giggled and turned to look at Arya, only to find her and Rayne completely engrossed in a battle of glare. They reminded me of that cute plushy meme with a knife!
“What’s it about?” I asked trying to control my laughter.
“Well, Rayne wants to watch some sappy romance or rom-com and, Arya on other hand is into thrillers and horror. She picked up some latest horror movie and now they are in a disagreement. Don’t worry; it is a go-to thing for them. In the end, we always STAY BACK!” Shayla said annoyed. I didn’t know whether to laugh or try to intervene among the movie choices.
“I hope horror wins.” I replied and Shayla giggled.
“They just stupid. How’s your work going? Is it tiresome?”
“Nothing as such. I do enjoy it and it is good. It keeps me busy and I do get my own allowance you know. I don’t have to bother Cayden.” I smiled. Speaking of Cayden, we are still not in any talking terms. It’s been more than two weeks since that fight and since then Shayla has been giving me ride. I told her during our first ride that we had a heated argument. She didn’t ask anything further and I was glad. Cayden and I both avoid each other when together and only answer in monosyllables when needed. I know the situation just keeps getting worse day by day, but my ego won’t let me apologize.
“I am glad. If I get to that side of the town, I will make sure to drop by.” Shayla said and I nodded at her statement. She turned to finish her painting. I turned to mine. There were colors all over the canvas as I drew an old Victorian era mezzanine with blooming flowers. As my brush made more colorful strokes, the painting reminded me of that dream I had experienced; the one which felt too real. It had the same kind of essence.
“Shayla….” She turned towards me as I called her out. “For how long have you been here?” I asked fixing my gaze on her. She crooked up her eyebrow as in she was calculating her time period.
“Well, it has been long for sure. I was here before Thyone’s family took over. Why do you ask?” I turned my face away from her and started painting again.
“Just curious. Who was in charge of this place before the Ashleigh’s?” I asked.
“I really don’t remember. You should talk to Lorcan about it. His family has been here since this academy was built. Speaking of him, is he okay?” She gave me an onward clue but it was something I knew already. I mean, Lorcan does know a lot of stuff. However, it has been nagging me too that he has been skipping class for weeks now.
“I don’t know. I haven’t heard from him since then.” I said in a quiet tone and Shayla just nodded. Unlike Arya and Rayne, Shayla was someone who kept quiet most of the times. The girl observed everything and knew how to blend with the crowd. Her keen observance and analysis on every situation till date, has impressed me to another extent. Beneath this layer of a quiet and shy girl, she was also a tech guru. I honestly have a huge respect for her and even my two other peaches! They are different in their own ways but just amazing.
As the bell rang, we covered our unfinished paintings and headed out of the art room. Shayla and I were walking together, as Rayne and Arya were still busy bantering about the movies.
“Will you guys cut it off?” Shayla snapped after being patient all this while. Arya and Rayne turned towards us with shocked faces.
“Excuse me? It is Arya’s fault. If she accepts to watch romcoms, then there wouldn’t be any fight.” Rayne said crossing her arms.
“Ya but why watch something which practically doesn’t even exist? I mean LOVE!” Arya fought back.
“Do you even hear yourself? Love does not exist but ghost does?” Rayne asked annoyed.
“Spirit exists!” All three of us said in unison. We were shocked ourselves that our timing was on point. Arya burst out laughing and soon Shayla and my giggles followed as Rayne watched us with a blank expression.
We were walking down to the C building when an unusual sight caught my eye. In the far end of the corridor, I saw Cayden talking with Lorcan. My heart flipped at the sight of Lorcan after weeks. Their demeanor was nothing that of anything heated or brutal, but just a normal talk. It was unsettling for me. As my gaze stood fixed on them, Lorcan as if sensing my presence, turns towards me and meets my gaze. I felt that sudden spark inside me again and shiver ran down my spine. Cayden followed his gaze and was taken aback when he saw me. He muttered something under his breath and then left. Lorcan didn’t look at Cayden for once and, keeping the gaze fixed on me, he walked towards me. His face was blank. I could tell that he had a lot on his mind but he was just pretending to be fine. When he was near us, his lips turned into a smile. It wasn’t a happy or excited one, rather a low, sad kind. He thought it will go unnoticed by everyone, but me.
“Hey Lorcan. Found Atlantis yet?” Arya teased him on his disappearance. He snickered.
“They said I can’t stay there you know. Then nobody will look for Atlantis but me.”
“Narcissistic much?” I piped in.
“I missed you too kitten.” He replied with a smirk. I rolled my eyes but my cheeks went red. Arya and all started giving me looks. I glared at Rayne and she tried to hide her laugh.
“Where were you? When did you come back?” I asked changing the topic.
“I was away for a small business. I came back today early in the morning. Are you guys going for your class?” He inquired.
“Technically it’s a free period. I guess the professors have a meeting for the upcoming fest. That’s why we are on our own. But we were heading towards the canteen. You wanna join?” Shayla asked Lorcan. He smiled at her.
“I would love to. But I still have some things to take care of. You guys go on. I will catch you all later.” He said. My heart sank a bit that he wouldn’t join us. Ughhhh… I am being too obvious! Gathering up myself, I smiled at him and then continued walking down the stairs with others.
All of us got our seat in the canteen. There were sandwiches, pizza slices and juice lying all around the table. The movie topic was back again and this time Shayla and me also had to intervene because Rayne was a second away from spilling juice all over Arya. She is feisty! I like that. I saw Thyone who gave me a warm smile as she passed our table to sit in hers. I turned back and saw Cayden and Nyall and their group fooling around. I turned back to my table.
“Crescent do you want to watch romance?” All of them looked at me seriously. Their gaze wasn’t moving and Arya had my left hand cupped by hers. I was astounded and taken aback a bit by this sudden outburst. Rayne was looking at me with her puppy eyes. Arya had a fierce look, whereas Shayla’s gaze said ‘say something and get over with it’.
“I-uh, ya horror is love. I mean we are watching what?” I asked all timid trying not to hurt anyone’s sentiments. Shayla and Arya turned at Rayne and she looked a bit scared.
“Come on… We will be together. You won’t be scared.” Arya reassured holding her hand. Rayne finally smiled at her statement and we all rejoiced.
“Hold on, I will check the movies.” I brought up my bag and started fidgeting only to realize that my phone was missing. I started moving the plates on the table to look for it.
“Everything okay?” Rayne asked.
“Did any one of you see my phone?” I asked.
“You weren’t using this the whole time. Did you leave it with the art stuffs?” Shayla asked.
“I guess so. I will go get it. We have lunch after this right? So I will be back soon.” Saying the last words in air, I rushed towards the Art room.
It was raining heavily when I ran from the canteen to the B block. I stopped at the top of the staircase to catch my breath. Losing my phone is equal to losing my independence! That little junk got so many shits of mine that I am surprised that FBI still didn’t arrest me. I walked past the ongoing classes and stood in front of the art room. The B block of the academy was old in design. There was a large wooden door with tainted glass on them. As I was about to open it, a figure caught my eye. I peeped through the glass and saw Lorcan hovering over a painting. The glasses were hazy and all scratched but clear enough to depict Lorcan’s actions. Is he trying to paint now? So this was his important work? Wait, why am I snooping around? I am not doing anything illegal!
Heaving a sigh, I turned the knob and pushed open the door. As expected, Lorcan had an expression of fear and confusion written all over his face. But when he saw me, he somewhat gathered himself. I walked towards him stealthily as his gaze was fixed on me. I looked past him and saw it was my painting that was put up on the stand. That’s very odd of him to do.
“What are you doing here?” I asked.
“I came to check the art pieces by everyone. You know, for the upcoming fest we have to put up five paintings on auction.” Lorcan answered. I looked around and saw all other canvasses intact the way we left them.
“Eh? Seems like you didn’t check for others?” I asked all curious.
“That’s because I started with yours and I do have to say… it’s a beautiful piece of art work. Did you see it somewhere or…?”
“…it’s on my mind always. I mean, I get dreams at night and I see a lot of things. This painting is basically the representation of what I dream of. I find it very familiar… like I know this place.” Lorcan kept staring as I answered to him. He then gave me a smile.
“I am sure you will find it one day. I really wish I could see what you dream of. Tell me more about em maybe?” He asked all smiling and I nodded. I walked towards my painting and touched the colors. They were still fresh and a tint of red got on my finger. I looked at the bright color. The room from that picture frame had this similar color. I looked up and saw Lorcan’s gaze on me. Playfully, I raised my right arm and rubbed the red color on his cheeks. His skin felt so soft and warm under my fingers. Lorcan had a surprised look and then smirked. He took some of the blue color from the nearby palette and before I could react, his thumb traced the blue color all over my face.
“Hey… that not fair.” I chuckled and he giggled too. I looked at him all coy and smiling. He smiled back too. His fingers traced down and stopped at my lower lip. His eyes traveled down there as I bit my lip out of nervousness. His gaze changed. It wasn’t some carefree emotion, rather it was intimidating. He had this intense look in his eyes, full of passion. I saw another emotion flicker in his eyes... What was that? Love? Stop dreaming bish! 
Lorcan’s gaze was fixed on me. We were in a close proximity and my breathing fastened. I looked down, but he put a finger under my chin and made me look at him. The moment I looked into his eyes, the sparks were back again. It was that sense of familiarity that I know him. I was drowning in his eyes again when he leaned down and, I felt a slight familiar touch. My eyes closed instinctively as I felt his soft lips on mine. My hands traversed around his neck, as my fingers started playing with his hair. He pulled me closer with his one hand around my waist, and the other gently cupping my face. I know this touch… this burning passion in me. But from where? I wanted to remember but at this beautiful moment, all I could think was about the butterflies that Lorcan was giving me.
The kiss was slow, soft and passionate. None of us rushed. I felt at peace and home altogether. His lips perfectly fit and moved with mine. I did contemplate this moment a lot of times, but this was beyond my imagination. It felt ethereal in my mouth.
We slowly broke off and stood there silently, pabting. My face was all red and flustered from what just happened. I couldn’t look at Lorcan. I still can’t believe that we kissed.
“This was my first kiss!” I said out of the blue. Lorcan gave me a surreal look and then smirked. This jerk!
“Nobody kissed you before me?” He teased while trying to control his laughter.
“No. You are finding it funny?” I glared at him. He nodded sideways. “…then?”
“I am actually glad. Soooo… can I be your second time too?” My heart raced at his words and I stared at him with surprised eyes.
Holy shidz... Damn this guy for making me so vulnerable!
_________________________________________________
Drum rollllssssss!!! Gaawdd... It's hot in here! 😌 Isn't it??? So it happened... It finally happened... I think more than Crescent I was waiting for the kiss! 😭💜 I will visualize this now the whole fucking day.. Do you guys also create scenarios or are you guys normal? 🥱 let me know... Till then... Stay safe😗

PS- Special thanks to my peach (My Panda) for suggesting me to go for the kiss scene.. I love ya girlll... 💜❤