9

Hello there lovelies... I hope all of you are safe in your own cocoon. Please take care of yourself and take the measures to fight against this stupid virus. 🌼🌼🤍 Prayers for all of your families.. Here's the new chapter.. Have fun reading🤍
_________________________________________________

“She needed dreams to survive because reality is often disappointing.”

“So what is going on between you and Lorcan?” Arya whispered to me during our English class making sure that Lorcan couldn’t hear us. I turned to her with a surprised look.
“Nothing. Why you asking?” I asked her all confused.
“Well… it seems like he got a thing for you. Very brave of him to sit with us.” Arya whispered back and, smirked. I gave her a ‘do not over think it' look and she teased me back with her eyes. I suppressed a smile. To be honest I was really happy, that he was indeed sharing a seat with us.
“Crescent…” I turned to Lorcan as his voice called my name perfectly. He looked at me, his golden eyes all shining and me drowning deep in them. “…are you working today?”
“Yes. Why though?” I asked all skeptical.
“I will be there today… nearby. Do you wanna maybe catch up later?” I looked at him all eyes open wide. Is he asking me out? WTF! Am I dreaming? This can’t be. I mean, we just started talking. Lorcan snapped his fingers in front of my eyes and I got back to the reality.
“Well, I do work late. But yes, why not? I would love to.” I smiled and Lorcan smiled back. The kind of smile that touches his eye and makes my heart flutter. He turned around and the rest of the class just dragged by like that with me daydreaming about Lorcan and me.
Cayden was waiting near the car with Nyall and, Thyone. As I walked to them Thyone smiled and engulfed me in a bear hug. I chuckled as she kept hugging me tighter.
“How are you coping up with your classes?” She asked all gleefully.
“They good. I am working on it.” I answered back.
“That great. Cayden told me about your new workplace. All the best for it.” I smiled at her words.
Thyone left us after sometime and the rest of us boarded on. I was sitting in the back as Nyall and I made a pact. So childish of him that we will take turns sitting beside my brother! Cayden basically ignored me the whole ride and that made me feel a bit uncomfortable. Every time I tried to pipe in their conversation, I realized only Nyall was replying me and Cayden went all silent. Nyall noticed the tension between us too but kept quiet. After he got off, I tried to talk to Cayden but he answered me in monosyllables. It was irritating me but I didn’t want to lose my temper as it would make matters worse.
When Cayden parked the car outside our apartment, I didn’t board off. Cayden turned to look at me but I stoically ignored him like he did back then.
“Yo! What’s your problem?” He asked as if nothing happened. I turned to him all angry.
“Ask yourself that.” I said in a quiet tone.
“I don’t know. Get down.” He replied back with the same intensity.
“I am not until and unless you tell me what is going on. WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME CADDY?” I burst out unable to take his ignorance for long. He went all silent. I kept staring at him waiting for an answer. We were all quiet for a while, not uttering a word. After some time when he realized my stubborn ass won’t give up, he decides to speak.
“Why were you with Lorcan today during lunch break?” He asked all quiet. A part of me did see this coming but I ignored it. I still don’t understand what is wrong with Lorcan.
“He is my friend and I can eat with anyone I want.” I gave him a curt reply.
“I am not stopping you from eating with anyone but-“
“But what? What is your problem with Lorcan?” I snapped in.
“He is not the right guy to hang out with.”
“And I need reasons from you for making such stupid allegations. Tell me.” I was mad. Like hella mad and Cayden wasn’t helping at all.
“I-I just care for you okay. Last year, he was with this girl. He used to go out with her frequently. And then one day out of nowhere, she just disappeared. Like in thin air… everyone said that she was out on a date with him that night. Dean closed the academy for a week. When they found her, she was in bruises. It’s like she was on loose in the woods for days. She did survive but nobody knows what happened to her. We never saw her after that. Lorcan stopped coming to the academy since then. Now, do you understand?” I remained silent at Cayden’s words. I didn’t know how to react or what to say to him. This new piece of information was too much for me to digest. But deep down, I couldn’t believe his words. I mean as much as I love and trust Cayden, something seemed off. It wasn’t fitting right.
“Look, I hear everything and I understand but do you have any proof that he had something to do with her? I mean, there are many other possibilities and it’s just ridiculous to-“
“You are IMPOSSIBLE AT TIMES. I can’t believe it.” Cayden interrupts in between and boards off, slamming the door hard. The sudden outburst from him made me go all numb. I sat there quietly with tears brimming in my eyes. I can be a badass bitch but when my close ones go harsh on me especially my brother, it affects me like anything.
It was around half an hour to three when I boarded off the car and stood in front of the apartment doorway. Tear stains were visible on my face as I wiped them off. I stood there quietly and then something hit me. I didn’t step in, rather started my way for my workplace. I was mad, but hurt at the same time. It’s not like I wanted to disobey my brother but what if people are accusing the wrong one. I might not know Lorcan well, but I know my intuitions. They are never wrong!
When I boarded off the bus, my tummy grumbled out of hunger. I groaned out of irritation and entered the shop. There was a girl who smiled when I entered. She was the one doing a shift before me. We exchanged some pleasantries, and then I bid farewell to her. I changed and with a coffee in hand, I got seated at my place. My mind was full of contemplations. Every time I feel like belonging to this place, something or the other ruins it for me. What’s the point of literally staying when Caddy and me keeps fighting every alternate day? I understand he is protective about me and everything but he needs to be cool with some things too. As I was thinking about all this, a thought struck me. I left my station and went to the history section. This section even carried books regarding Hillsborough and, its locals. There were some newspapers and other magazines with routes to the river park and around the town. I got one about the important buildings and took it out. I went back to my place and opened it. My eyes scanned the contents and finally it got locked at the words ‘Silver Oakland.’ I turned to that respective page and started reading about it. The magazine mainly covered the facts that how this academy started and how is it. There was nothing specific that I wasn’t aware about until I saw a picture. It was right at the end of the article. The picture had our professors and, some other grand gentlemen with two ladies in the center. Dean was one of the ladies. I scanned the names and realized that the other lady was from the Ashleigh family so probably it was Thyone’s mother. But that was not what grabbed my attention. On the far right of the picture stood a man, all gallant and poise and, he had the same face as the guy in that picture frame, I saw in my dream. I stopped and kept staring at the picture. This is unbelievable! What more surprised me was that the picture was taken only a year back! My head started to feel dizzy as I couldn’t understand the situation. Why was he in my dream? And who is he? Do I know him? Do I have any far relative or cousin that we never knew of? I looked at the picture again and traced my fingers through their names. The label said ‘Sir Aytac Fiore Varden.’ That some heavy name! I went through some other pages but there was no other information. Is he a time traveler? But that doesn’t answer any of my questions. Why is everything so mysterious and weird around me? And moreover, why is everyone hiding secrets from me?
I was drowned deep into the article when I heard the ring of the bell. I instantly closed the magazine and kept it under my table. When I looked up, my eyes met a certain pair of familiar golden eyes that gave me all sparks.
“Hi...” My voice was all breathy.
“I thought of scaring you but you looked too consumed in something you were reading.” Lorcan replied leaning on the table. His face was just an inch away from me. My eyes traveled to his lips and then back to his gaze again. “What were you reading?”
“Uh-uh nothing specific. It was just about this town. Stupid stuffs pfffff!” I gave him a ‘boring’ expression.
“Really? But you seemed pretty much lost in it.”
“Well, for how long have you been observing me Sir?” I put emphasis on the last word to tease him as I leaned in. He went all red but then cleared his throat.
“Shouldn’t be bothering you. Anyway, I got you a burger. You hungry?” He said and I clapped my hands out of excitement. Lorcan laughed looking at my childish antics and handed me over a paper bag. I took out the happy meal wrapped beautifully and then dug in. Aaahhhh.. Literally foodgasm! I kept munching on it like a squirrel when I saw Lorcan eyeing me and smiling.
“Wh-at are you-staring at?” I said between the bites.
“You look funny. I take it you were hungry. Didn’t you have lunch?” I stopped eating.
“No. I was running late. So I skipped it. Thank you for saving my life.” I gave him a smile with cheese all over my mouth. I don’t mind it though. I am hungry and that’s the only reason to forgive my un-lady like eating habits for now!
“So…are your friends comfortable with me being there?” Lorcan asked.
“Ya. I mean, they are surprised and, even I am. But tell me, why did you suddenly start sitting with us?” I asked him back with curiosity.
“I just wanted to be with people who don’t judge me. Trust me; my reputation around the academy is really not the one of a good guy. And I feel suffocated at times for being judged right away. So, I was looking for an escape and well, your group is perfect for that. You really got some amazing friends you know.” Lorcan smiled and I smiled back.
“I see. But getting judged for what?” As much as I wanted to tell him that I know what he is talking about, I wanted to know from him. Lorcan looked at me for a moment and then gave a low smile.
“Nothing specific. I just caused some troubles last year and since then I am an unwelcomed guest at the academy for most of them. You don’t have to worry about it.” He gave me a reassuring smile and my intuition did tell me that he was not faking it.
“Okay. Well, even I was a trouble back at my home. Anyway, do you have MacDonald’s around here?”
“Yes, there’s one in Churton street. Why though?” He asks casually.
“BTS happy meal will be released next month so I need to be there.” I gave him a big smile. He gave me a blank expression.
“You are into k-pop too?” He asked in a small voice.
“Why? Will you also like now give me lectures on how they put on makeup and stuff?  Or like make a comment like ‘they look all the same, how you guys even distinguish?’ You know what, save it! I don’t need that. Just tell me how to go and I will be there.” I gave him a fake smile as I packed away the leftovers.
“I will take you there if you want. And for your information, I stan TXT.” Lorcan’s statement made me look at him all shocked as he smirked back. Ok, that’s new and unbelievable!
“You are joking right?” I asked.
“Look who’s judging now! Why? Just because I am a guy?”
“No no. Damn. I am glad that you do. We can exchange playlists.” I said all excited. He smiled.
“Sure. By the way, I will have to leave soon. It is going to be eight. Didn’t you have any customers today?” He inquired.
“Nope. Only one but he only came for some chit chat.” Lorcan gave me a frown and then got up. I left my station and went to get changed. After changing and locking up, I came out to see Lorcan waiting for me.
“Hey, didn’t you say you were in a hurry?” I asked. He looked up from his phone.
“Well, I am supposed to meet someone and the person is running late.” He replied.
“Girlfriend I see.” I teased him. Lorcan glared at me.
“It is someone important for the academy. I am meeting her for the purpose of some changes. You can say, she is from education board.”
“I see. Anyway, my bus will be here soon. So I will see you at class tomorrow?” I asked walking up two steps ahead of him.
“You will. You sure you will be safe to travel alone?” He asked all concerned.
“I will. Not every day a maniac asks me to get off at a stop before mine you know.” I chuckled and Lorcan rolled his eyes all smiling. I waved him a bye and started walking towards the bus stand. Lorcan really made my day. As much as I knew the trouble I was going to be in, a part of me really liked spending time with him. Cayden will understand soon I guess.
As I waited at the bus stand, I see a BMW coming up. The car drove past me and parked right in front of Saratoga Grill. A lady cladded in a formal dress and heels walked out and entered the restaurant. I understood it was the very same person about whom Lorcan was talking about. I heard the bus in the distance. As I was about to take my sight away from the car, something caught my attention. I focused again on the number plate and a tsunami hit me. Just below the number of the car, was a title engraved and it ran ‘Fiore Varden.’ Too many thoughts were swirling on my mind but I didn't know what to do. Is this a coincidence? Does Lorcan know that person? Should I talk to him about it? As I hear the honking of the bus, I board on taking a window seat. I see the reflection of that car on my window.
What are you dealing with Lorcan and why are you hiding it from me?
_________________________________________________
Whoooossshhhh! Seems like Crescent is in a cobweb of unanswered questions. Well, I do hope she can find her answers. I mean I hate it when I can't find a answer during a test... Thanks to my friends who help me out! 😤🤍 Anyway, if you guys like the chapter, do vote, share and leave comments. Thank you so much for your support.. It really keeps me going.. 🥺❤ Take care guys.. Meet you all next week! ❤