8

Bonjour to my  lecteurs... How are you guys holding up? It's really a difficult time for all of us, but let's not give up...🥺 Stay indoors and, take all the precautions. Prayers for everyone's family out there! 🙏🌼 Stay strong. 😤💜 Well, here is the new chapter for you guys, and yes I heard all of your cries asking for Lorcan! So he's here.. 🤭 Keep reading, voting and sharing.. Thank you for the support... Borahae💜
_________________________________________________

“Maybe one day we will find the place, where our dreams and reality collide”

“Hey, you are late tonight. How was your first day?” Cayden’s voice made me look up. I looked around and, saw that I am back in our apartment. Funny, I don’t even remember taking the bus. It’s like I was stuck in time and now BOOM, it is working again.
“uhh-uh Hi! It was good yet exhausting.” I answered back still skeptical about what is going on. Cayden sensed my uneasiness and, kept staring at me. Does nothing go unnoticed by my brother?
“Babyshark… are you okay? You don’t seem good.” Cayden’s concerned voice hit me like a tsunami.
“I am. I guess, I just need some rest you know. Let’s have dinner.” Cayden nodded at my statement and, we both headed to the kitchen.
Cayden decided on Chinese that night. I wasn’t disappointed since he actually was successful in making it edible. My brother burns down the kitchen generally, and lives on stir-fry but I can see he is progressing!
“So anything interesting at school or, work today?”
“Nothing as such. We hardly have customers. I mean, who reads book nowadays? It is sad.” I said as I was slurping the noodles. Cayden nodded.
“So there were no customers?” He asked and, I stopped to look at him. Does he know? Is he hiding something? Or am I being too anxious and, overthinking everything?
“I had two. One was the new girl from our academy. Her name is Mirella. We talked for a while and that’s it.” I smiled. Cayden smiled back and, went back to eating.
After dinner, I got up to wash the plates when he interrupted.
“Cres, can you take out the trash? I will clean the plates. You can sleep after that.” I nodded and went to empty the trash can. After I packed it up, I walked out. The sky was filled with stars and outside it was a bit chilly, since it had rained the night before. The dumping ground was a bit far from our apartment. The lights were flickering and there was not a single soul out. Am I in Elm street? Surely looks like one! I spotted the trash can and walked towards it. My mind already had a lot going on. The scene kept replaying and, I was scared that Mirella knows something. The conversation was vivid on my mind…

                                          ***
“You like the name Selene… right Crescent?” She asked with a smirk.
I was staring at her dumbfounded. I might not be a mind reader but her expression damn says that whatever she is doing, is on purpose. Her ways made me uncomfortable.
“Uh-h what’s there not to like? I mean, it is a pretty name.” I tried to mask my fear. Mirella smiled and, looked down at the book. She placed a hand over the cover as if she was petting it.
“I had someone close named Selene…” Her voice was quiet and gloomy. I just stood there, all nervous and dumb not knowing what to say or what to do. “… It’s been years that I last saw her. Anyways, can you pack me up this book?” She said and gave me a smile. I nodded and walked back to the counter. I was busy doing my job and, she just stood there scrutinizing me. I put her book in a small bag and, was looking for the bookmark when her voice interrupted.
“Your eyes…. they are grey right?” I took out the bookmark from the drawer and as I placed it on the table, I nodded. She smiled and, it was rather a sad one. “Your brother’s eye color is different. Anyone in your family with the same color as yours?” I felt a bit weird since she was trying really hard to pry into my life. What’s the deal with her?
“No. It’s just me. All of them got blue shades.” I gave her a small smile.
“I see. Even Selene’s eyes were grey. Yours remind me of hers.” I just blinked at her statement. Honestly, things were just getting creepy and, I really didn’t want to be with her alone for another moment.
“Oh, I see. Well, there you go. Thank you and please visit again.” I gave her my fakest smile and turned back to the register account. I didn't want to be rude, but I wasn't getting any good vibes from her. She took her bag and then left. As I hear the bell, I watched her receding figure through the glass pane. Who are you Mirella?