Chapter 23

Once Jay and Billy got to the hotel we packed all of our equipment up and headed to the Castle.

   I was so excited that I could barely stay still. I was chowing down on some taffy and chugging a liter of Mountain Dew while bouncing up and down in the back of the van and asking so many questions without stopping for an answer.

   "Are we there yet? Can I knock on the door? What if they don't recognize me? Do you think we'll get enough evidence? How are we going to do the reenactments? What if I see my old friends? Can I play with them? Do you think any of us we be possessed? What if I come in to contact with my Mom? What do I say to her? What if my family hates me? Do they know that I'm alive? What if I-" Billy put his hand over my mouth to shut me up.

   "Thank you." Nick said. Yet again Nick got stuck driving to the location. It didn't seem to bother him anymore and he started volenteering.

   "Katie," Zak started saying. I stuffed more taffy into my mouth and looked at him. "We are going to interview you for this place as well, but I wanted to know where all the hot spots are before we begin."

   "The whole place is a hot spot. You could be in the bathroom and still get activity." I said with a mouthfull.

   "Okay then," He said then turned back around in his seat.

   "I have a question." I said. I could hear some of the guys groan. "I thought you said we were gonna be doing this lockdown in 2013?" I paced myself, which was difficult for me to do with all the caffine buzzing inside me.

   "The producers decided to squeeze it in before Christmas so then we could get the new season aired earlier." Nick answered.

    "Okie Dokie." I starting eating again.

   "Okay, let's get the mics hooked up." Jay said. He climbed over the back seat to where I was and started hooking my mic up for me. It took a little before he had everybody's hooked up and working the right way.

   When we pulled up to the big gates, the guys looked at me like, Now what?

   "Push and hold in that button, Nick" I said. I put one more piece of taffy in my mouth then put the bag down. He did what he was told and pushed the small grey button. It buzzed, then beeped before a man's voice came through.

   "Can I help you?" He voice was masked so it sounded like we were talking to Darth Vader. Even through all that I still knew who it was, my bulter Benny.

   "Yes, we're the Ghost Adventures Crew. We were called here because there claims of poltergist  activity going on in the Castle."

   "Come on in sir," Darth Benny said. We waited a few seconds before the big steel gates squeaked open.

    Nick slowly drove up the long and straight dirt road. Both sides were lined with huge naked oak trees. The driveway ran for about 50 feet or so until it hit an old fashion fountain then split off and went around both sides.

    Once Nick stopped I was the first one out of the van. Zak and Aaron were already filming so I didn't have to wait for anybody.

   "Go knock on the door." Zak told me while handing his camera off to Nick. I grinned from ear to ear then jumped up the steps and stopped in front of the huge door. It stood about 10-15 feet tall and had hand carved details all over it. 

   I reached for the big knocker that hung from a lion's mouth, but I wasn't tall enough.

   "Damn it." I said to myself, a little bummed out. I tried on my tippy toes but I still couldn't reach it so I did what I used to do when I lived here, I kicked the door.