Chapter 10

I have at least two more weeks until school starts and Zak enrolled me in the nearest high school about a half a mile from my house. I honestly didn't know how well I was going to be treated because of my last name. I made a promise to myself that if they teased me, then I wasn't going to get into a fight.

   It took me another 2 days to finish all the painting in my room. All my walls were baby blue with fluffy with clouds spread around the room, including the ceiling and my desk was purple. I repainted my black dresser as well so then it would go with my theme and wouldn't be this big depressing thing in the corner. I had a really cool idea of where to put my bed but I needed help and I didn't want Zak to see my room yet (it's a suprise) so I called Nick and Aaron. I had all the tools and materials already, I just needed help wit the heavy lifting.

   When they got here I lead them up to my room and showed them what it looked like while Zak was busy downstairs.

   "Damn Katie," Aaron said. "Oh, sorry for the language." He said as he quickly covered his mouth. I gave him a look and he started laughing. "I'm just kidding."

   "Ok so here's what I want to do," I said while I showed them all my plans and measurments for my bed. I was going to have to hanging on one of my walls, like a jail bed except my platform to hold  my bed will be slightly bigger then the mattress with a railing so I don't fall off.

   "Wow Katie, this is amazing. Did you see if it was okay with Zak to do this?" Nick said putting down my blueprints.

   "My room." I said in reply.

   "His house." He said back.

   "Touche." I joked. We started working and it was going just as planned until Zak started coming in. Nick thought fast and closed the door so Zak couldn't see what we were doing, then opened it a little so he could talk.

   "Do you have a resevation?" Nick said in a horrible french accent. Aaron and I kept working while listneing to the conversation.

   "No." Zak said.

   "I'm sorry sir, but you cannot enter without a reservation." Nick contiued his horrid accent.

   "Fine, then you tell Katie that it's almost time for bed." He said.

   "But it's only 8:43!!" I whined.

   "Well if I can't see your room, then you can't stay up late." He said then walked away. We finished about 10 minutes later then, just to make sure it would hold my weight, we started putting some of Zak's dumbells on, 45 pounds at a time until we hit 200 (no I'm not 200 pounds, we just wanted to see how much it would hold). We left them sit there for about an hour while Nick made a ladder for me and Aaron and I cleaned up and went downstairs to have something to eat.

   "Can I see your room now?" Zak asked while bitting into an apple.

   "Yes, you can finally look at my room." I said grabbing an apple as well.

   "Do you have all your clothes in your closet and dresser?"

   "Almost, I just have 1 more suitcase the I'll be done." I said. Nick and Aaron had already left and it was about 11 o'clock so after Zak and I finished our apples I led him upstairs to my room and stopped him infront of the door. "Ok, now close your eyes and no peaking." I said as he put his hands over his eyes. I opened the door and guided him in a little then spread my arms and told him to open.

   "Damn. It feels like I'm floating in the middle of the sky." He looked around and spotted my bed hanging from the ceiling. It was about 3 1/2 feet from the ceiling so I wouldn't bump my head. "Is that safe?" He asked while pionting to my bed.