Chapter 13

When I woke up I was standing in the middle of a hospital room with two occupied beds. I looked to my right and saw Zak laying motionless and sleeping then looked to my right and was completly shocked to be looking at me. I was sleeping as well but the only difference between Zak and I is that I had an oxygen mask on.

"No way. Out of body experience. Awesome!" I looked down at my body and saw that I was in a hospital gown but I couldn't see through myself. I was still looking at myself when a women burst throught the door and ran over to Zak with a heartbroken expression on her face. I didn't try to hide from her because I knew she couldn't hear me or see me so I stood there and watched.

My baby," she sat in a chair next the bed and started stroking Zak's hair. "I hope your ok. I am so worried. Please wake up Zak." She sat there for what seemed like hours until Zak started opening his eyes.

"Mom?" His voice was soft. "Is everybody ok?" Once he said the last part his eyes widened and he sat up fast. "Is Katie ok?! Where is she? Is she awake!?" He started to panick and the woman hushed him and pointed to my bed. He quickly got out of bed and ran to my side. I was still peacefully sleeping and breathing throught the mask when the doctor came in. He had a white lab coat and a red shirt and tie on underneath. He carried a clipboard by his side with two files clipped together.

"Good evening Mr. Bagans. My name is Dr. Frank." He held out his hand and Zak shook it then got back into bed. "Now, it says here that you inhailed some gases that knocked you and your team out during one of your.... lockdowns." He opened up the first file and recited the first couple of sentences. He mumbled to himself for a little before speaking up again. "Lucky for you, you didn't even inhail enough to give you the flu." He looked up from the paperwork and smiled. "So, with that said you are able to go home in a few minutes. I'll get a nurse to give you your clothes and you can head out." He closed the file and started walking away when Zak stopped him.

"Wait, what about Katie? How long will she be in here?" He pointed to my body and looked at Dr. frank for an answer. Dr. Frank's smile faded a little and opened the other file.

"Well, we can't decide anything until she wakes up. Miss Katrina unfortunatly wasn't able to get her mask on before she blacked out. She inhailed the gas for over 4 hours and she will have to carry around an oxygen tank for a little so she can get use to the atmosphere. She can become instantly ill and start to throw up but I just want you to know that it's going to be normal for her to do that." He closed the file and walked out before Zak could say anything else.

"It will be alright Zak. She'll be just fine, you just have to have faith." His mom said while she rubbed his back. He put his head in his hands and sat there.

After a while the nurse came in and gave him his clothes then escorted his mom out so he could get dressed. I turned around and looked at the wall while he changed and I wasn't sure when it was safe to turn around until his mom came back in.

"Honey? Do you want me to drive you home? I'm taking Aaron and Nick home so I thought I would ask," I back turned around and looked at Zak putting his belt on. He looked at my bed and for the first time ever, I saw him cry.

"No, I'm staying here until she wakes up and when she does, I'll be the first person she sees."

"Ok then, keep me updated and call if you need anything." She closed the door and Zak came over and sat down in the chair next to my bed.

-5 days later-

I still wasn't awake and Zak hasn't left my side. He has slept here for the past 5 days and has been trying to keep up with Twitter best he could. Nick and Aaron stopped by a few time to check on him and they stayed to talk for awhile about the lockdown. Nick discussed what happened when we split up but kept his promise and didn't tell Zak about the sex thing. they must have reviewed some of the film from the basement because they started talking about what I did.