Chapter 16

-Lockdown-

"Are you ready to lock us in?" Zak asked the man with a huge padlock and chains.

"As ready as you'll ever be." He replied. We walked inside and listened to the guy wrap the chain tightly around the handles and click the padlock into place.

"Okay, now before we start our investigation I want to do something for all the skeptics out there." Zak spoke into Aaron's camera and I stood next to him. "There was a lady here that said her bra was broken and had three scratch marks down here back. Since Katie is the only one here with a bra, I want to show you that we did not tamper with it or do anything to it that would make it seem like it broke." He turned and face towards me. "Turn around and lift up your shirt." I did what I was told and lifted my shirt just high enough that they could see my bra strap. "Do you see how there are no rips or tears in it? There's nothing here that would make it break on its own. Okay, I just wanted to clear that up. You can go ahead and put your shirt down." I put my shirt down and Zak continued to talk about what was going on.

"Do you want me to give her my camera Zak?" Nick asked once Zak explained that I was going to be sleeping up in the bedroom where the murder took place. "Just so she can document it."

"Yeah go ahead." Zak said. Nick handed me the camera which was already on night-vision. "Katie, you go ahead up and we'll stay down here and investigate."

"Okay. Good night guys. See ya at midnight." I turned and headed up the stairs while the guys went the other direction. I got to the top of the stair and I turned the camera so that it was focused on my face. "Okay, I'm going to do something here before I go to bed that is to provoke and that's it." I looked past the camera to see where I was going. I got to the room and opened the door. "Wow. That is a really creepy feeling." Once I entered the room my gut tightened up and my neck felt warm. I put the camera down on the dresser and focused it towards the bed. "I'm going to be rolling on my digital recorder." I held the recorder in front of the camera and explained what it did. I placed it on the nightstand next to the bed and started provoking. "So, I hear you don't like people sleeping in the bed. Well, I got news for you if you don't want me in here at any moment, push this lamp off the stand." I tapped on the lampshade and waited in silence. I didn't hear anything so I decided to go to bed but before I did, I was going to piss him off by praying. It was nothing big, all I was going to do was a prayer that my family used to say before we went to bed. I got down on my knees, closed my eyes, and folded my hands. "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord me soul to keep. If I shall die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take. God bless Mommy and Daddy. Clayton, Katie, Chris, Sarah, and Michael. All my nannies and pappies. All my aunt's and uncle's. All my cousins. All the puppies and kitties and fishies and Peanut and Mack. Amen." I opened my eyes and crawled into bed without a sound.

I fell asleep instantly and didn't wake up until I heard a loud crash come from next to me. I jumped out of bed and stepped on something sharp. I didn't have my shoes on because I taken them off so I was in my socks and I didn't move until Nick burst through the door.

"What happened?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders because I honestly had no clue what that was. Nick looked down and turned on his flashlight. There on the floor, was the lamp. Broken into a million pieces and I was standing in the middle of it.

"Alright. So you don't want me in here. But you're going to have to do alot more than break a lamp to get me to run." I spoke to the empty room In hopes of getting a response. I didn't hear anything so I grabbed my shoes and put them back on then grabbed the camera and followed Nick down the stairs into the ballroom and joined Zak and Aaron. I explained what happened and we continued on with our investigation.