Chapter 24

I had woken up back in the castle laying down on the polar bear rug in the middle of my grandpa's trophy room, where I always took my naps when I was younger. I had a coat covering me and a small pillow under my head. I looked around the room a little confused. My mic was taken off and I couldn't find my phone.

   "Hello?" I looked all around the room to see if anybody was in here with me. They weren't. I continued to study the room as if it was the first time I had ever been there. The stone-cut walls were still standing strong for the past 250 years and the entire walls were covered in stuffed animal heads that my ancestors had shot and killed themselves. I then noticed the giant bear standing in the corner of the room in attacking position. Its face was frozen in mid roar and his teeth and claws were as sharp as ever. The only light illuminating from the room was the crackling fire in the fireplace. It lit up the whole room enough for me to see.

   I slowly got up and rubbed my eyes. I figured the guys got back to work and were interviewing some of the staff. 

   My stomach grumbled and I decided to go to the kitchen and get something to eat.

   I started walking through the corridors and going through door after door after door until I found something interesting.

   "What the hell?" I said while picking up a picture frame with a news clipping in it. I read it out loud to myself:

   A tragedy as occurred in the Mason family the day of July 10th 2012. Two members of the Mason family, Emma, 42 and Clayton, 17, were pronounced dead after they were involved in a fatal car accident on their way back from vacation. Though, another member, Katrina, 14, was pronounced missing after investigators found evidence of her presence in the car at the time of the incident. Investigators were heart broken once they were informed that, it was her birthday.

   I started reading the descriptions of each of us, our obituaries, and I was in the middle of mine when I was startled by someone talking to me.

   'Hey Katie," It was Zak. "Whatcha got there?" He was followed by Aaron, Nick, and Misty.

   "My obituary." I said without taking my eyes off of the paper. I heard silence then decided to look up and everybody was looking at me funny. "What?" I asked then put it back on the little table.

   "Okay, we're gonna get going know." Zak said. "Say your goodbyes." I could tell he didn't want to be the one to say that but it was okay, I will see everybody tomorrow.

   I passed the guys and gave a big hug to Misty and that was it. I really wanted to give everybody else hugs but their were too many people to hug. 

   We started to pack up our gear into the van when a shiny sports car drove up the driveway. I stopped what I was doing and looked at who was coming out.

   A man who stood about 6'6" with a nice and toned body. His shoulders were very wide and strong while his biceps and forearms were packed with muscle. He wore a nice dress shirt with jeans so I didn't get to see his legs. But the thing I was most interested in was his facial features. He resembled Channing Tatum a lot.

   "Uncle Payton!!!" I screamed. I though the gear case in the van and ran up to him.

   "Hey! Baby girl!!" He caught me as I jumped into his arms and spun me around. "I missed you so much." He didn't let me go until the guys approached.

   Zak and him talked a little and Nick and Aaron would jump in every now and then. I got bored with what they were talking about so I went back to the van and continued to pack the boxes. Once I finished packing them in I climbed into the very back seat and waited another 10 minutes before the guys said goodbye and got in the van.