Chapter 1

One name. There is one name that never leaves my mind. ZAK BAGANS. I love watching the show and I would do anything to meet them, and I did. I entered myself in a contest that would give me the chance to go on an actual lockdown with GHOST ADVENTURES! Little did I know that lockdown would turn my world upside down and inside out.

   "Wait for it, wait for it," I held my breath. This was the day i would find out who won the contest. All i had to do waas wait for the e-mail. "WOOOOOHOOOOO!!! YES!YES!YES!" i just heard my laptop make the most beautiful sound, indicating that i had just WON! which means that i get to go on a lockdown with ZAK BAGANS!!!! I started jumping around my room and doing my 'I'm on top of the world' dance.

    "Hey! Katie, I'm trying to color," My 6 year old sister, Sarah, said as I hopped over her.

    "Sarah, shut-up. I just got an e-mail saying that I'm going to be on T.V.!" sarah doesn't understand the concept of Paranormal Investigation.

   "Why would you go travel with big guys just to hunt ghosts when you can talk to Aunt Rosa upstairs?" Aunt Rosa is a shadow figure I saw when we first moved in here last year when Iturned 13 and could see and hear her clear as day. I had always talked to Aunt Rosa when I didn't have anyone else and my sister makes fun of me.

    "Because unlike Aunt Rosa I don't kow who or what I'm talking to," After my comment my little 11 year old bother, Christopher, bursted in with his nerf gun, shooting sarah in the head.

    "What? You're going to be on T.V.? For what? America's Most Wanted!?" He started laughing.

    "Laugh now but when I become famous you will all bow down to me," I said in an joking manner. My 15 year old brother, Clayton, jumped through the door with his video camera and turned it on. He is always on that thing.

    "So, I hear my baby sister is going to be famous. That would make an incredible documentary. 'The Life of A Young Star,' " He started bursting with titles. Clayton loves making documentaries, which is one of the reasons I got into Ghost Adventures. "So tell me Katie, How does it feel to know you will one day become famous?" Clayton lowered his voice to sound like and annoying interviewer, and he was.

    "Oh it just warms my heart to know that people all over the world will someday adore me," I answered in a voice that was really high like an annoying diva that you just want to strangle. We all started to laugh.

    "Dinner Time!" My step-dad yelled from the bottom of the stairs. 

           -One Hour Later-

    "So Katie, did you hear anything about the contest yet?" My mom asked as she put her keys and my baby brother, Michael, down.

    "Yeah," I said it in a depressed sort of tone.

   "Oh, I'm sorry baby girl. Maybe next time," My mom had this weird power of always knowing everything but this time she was wrong.

    "Mom there will be no next time," I said, still in the same tone

    "Why not?" Mom asked, still clueless.

    "BECAUSE I WON!!!!!!!!" I happily shouted the news in her face. My mom and I started doing a goofy dance together because she knows how much I wanted this.

     "So when is it and where?"

    "July 10th in Kenntucky, but I have to leave a week early" I continued to dance while my mom stopped.

    "Katie, you do realize that's the week we go to the beach for your birthday," I stopped dancing and looked at her with big sad eyes.

    "But, my dreams just came true," I thought for a moment that I was going to start crying but I decided to hear my mom's solutions to the problem.

    "Well, how about this, the day before you leave we will have a party and we'll give you your present then, ok?" To my surprise that actually sounded good. I nodded my head.

          -At my Party-

    My family threw me a small party and only invited the people that were going on the trip. My mom, my step-dad, Clayton, Chirs, Sarah, and Michael, who was 2 and didn't really have a choice. I was the only one who got a cupcake to eat so we wouldn't waste a big cake. In the corner of the living room all my parents talked to each other quitely while everyone ran around like a crazy idiot, except Clayton who was filming me the whole time.

    "Yeah baby, 14, that's a special number right there," Clayton screamed as he shoved the camera in my face.

    "That's our special number and we will say it until the day we die," I replied back, pushing the camera out of my face an to a reasonalbe distance. "Promise?"

    "I promise baby sister. Now lets open presents," Everyone cheered. 

    I sat down in a chair and my mom handed me the only present that was there.

    "It's from all of us," mom backed up and smiled from ear to ear. I opened it up just enough to see the first 3 letters of the package, 'iPh'. I jumped up and scremed with joy, then I it up all the way to find a gleaming package that has 'iPhone 4G' written in big bold black letters. 

    "THANK YOU!!!" I love it!" Everyone smiled and went back to playing. My mom pulled me aside from a nerf gun battle with Chris.

   "Katie, your fathers and I have been thinking that seen you have a phone, we will give you the responsability to watch yourself. So, we have decided to leave tonight."

   "You are kidding. I get to stay home alone?" My mom never let me stay at home because she was afraid that I might do something stupid. This was the best birthday yet. Everyone was rushing around the house trying to get everything packed in the car. Clayton walked up to me carrying a huge box.

    "Here you go," he placed the box on my bed as I was just about to pack my GAC shirts.

    "What's in this?" I was about to take the lid off when Clayton shut it really fast and I couldn't get a peak.

    "Only open it when you are feeling lonely on your trip. There are insrtuctions in there for what to do when you do open it."

    "Instructions?" It must be important if he has to give me instructions. Clayton knows I'm not stupid and he doesn't treat me like I am a dumb girl either.

          -1 hour later-

   "Bye! Have fun! Text me when you get there!" It felt awsome saying that. Staying home alone, getting a phone , AND doing a lockdown with GAC. I am the happiest girl on the planet that I live on. And now I only have 2 hours until I get on a plane and meet GAC!!!!!!!!