Chapter 28

I'm fine. It was a MEGA scare with the whole break in and stuff but they caught the guys. They asked what the reason was for their crime and they responded saying that they wanted my Uncle's necklace.

            -April 14th, 2013-

   I got home from school and checked the mail. 

   "Bills. Bills. Not for me. Not for me. Bills. Oh good my magazine came in." I placed everything on the kitchen counter than got myself a cup of hot chocolate.

   "Anything good?" Zak came up from the dungeon holding a spirit box.

   "I should be asking you that question." I chuckled at myself. "Not really." I answered his original question.

    He gabbed the stack of bills then sat on the couch. "You're report card finally came in." We both looked at each other and knew I had straight A's. 

   I took a big gulp of my drink while I picked up the magazine and looked at the front page. I saw the headline and spit the hot chocolate all over the place. "WHAT THE--" I stopped myself.

   "What? What happened?"  Zak stood up. I tossed the magazine at him and he looked at the front page. His eyes got wide and he looked at me. I took the magazine back and reread the headline.

   MISTY MASON TELLS REPORTERS: I HAVE A DAUGHTER. I'VE KEPT HER HIDDEN FOR ALMOST 15 YEARS.

   I ran up to my room and grabbed my laptop then ran back downstairs and Zak and I skyped Misty. Once she answered I held up the cover.

   "Mimi. What is this? I thought we were gonna keep this a secret. What happened??" I was close to crying, I don't know why though. Probably because I was thinking of what kind of pressure this would bring to Zak and I.

   Misty looked at Zak and I. "I should have told you but I couldn't hide it anymore. I'm sorry." She was calm and gentle which calmed me down a little.

   "Misty," Zak spoke. "Did you mention Katie's name at all? Did you give any information on her identity?" 

   Misty was about to answer when I heard a knock on the door. I got up and answered it and when I opened it Ginger screamed and tackled me.

   "OH MY GOD!!! YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOUR MOM WAS MISTY MASON!!!!!!! AAAAAAHHHH!!! YOU'RE FAMOUS! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!"

   "Ginger," My breathe was limited because she was sitting on my chest. "Ginger. Get off."

             -April 27th, 2013-

   The guys booked another lockdown but told me I couldn't participate. I wasn't very happy about it.

   "Katie! Sweetheart, are you ready yet?!" I could hear Zak call from downstairs. I was in the middle of working on a new song.

   "Yes! Be right down." I put my iPad in my book bag, grabbed my 2 suitcases and headed downstairs.

   The next lockdown we were going to was in Oklahoma at some hotel or whatever.

      -On the plane-

   I was doing some homework on my laptop and I got a skype call. It was Misty.

   "I don't really have to talk right now." Aaron looked at my screen.

   "Hey Misty. What have you been up to?" Aaron peeked his head in front of the camera.

   "Making your guys' lives hell probably." She had a small chuckle.