Chapter 14

I brought GG in and introduced her to Zak though I know she already knows who he is. She was so excited I swear she was seconds away from passing out but she held it together and sat down and talked with us for a while.

"So Ginger Grace, where are you from?" Zak asked. He made us some PB&J then sat down in his leather recliner while GG and I sat on the couch.

"I was born and raised in Boston until I was about 10, then my parents moved to San Diego until yesterday when we moved here to Vegas." She sat very properly on the couch. Her right leg was crossed over her leg like she was wearing a dress but didn't want to show anything. Her back was straight with her hair out of her face and her hands on her knee.

"So how old are you now?" Zak asked.

"I'll will be turning 15 on December 24 at 4:16 pm." She looked so uncomfortable. I had a feeling she was trying so hard not to slouch.

"Are you ok? You look so uncomfortable." I said. "Do you want to relax?"

"Mother says a proper lady should always have proper posture when at a guests house." She finally gave in and relaxed her back and uncrossed her legs. "Ugh, but it's so uncomfortable and I don't want to be a lady. I've tried telling her that many times but she never listens."

"Well, we just want you to be as relaxed and comfortable as possible when your here." Zak said.

"You mean I can keep coming over?" She asked.

"Yeah, you can come here with me everyday after school if it's alright with your parents." I told her.

"Oh, my parents don't care where I go. They just buy me things to keep my happy and out of their way. Only my maid, Sandy, pays attention to me. She's the one who worries about me and makes sure I'm always safe. She's been with me my whole life because my parents didn't know a thing about how to raise a child. Whenever mother and father were at business trips, which were very often, they would leave me alone with Sandy. She helped me with homework and took me shopping once in a while, but the best thing we did together was watch Ghost Adventures on Friday." She looked at Zak.

"Wow, sounds like you had a hard childhood." He said. "But on the bright side, you had an amazing Friday night." We laughed about that and I took her up to my room to hang out.

"Damn, your house is huge." She said when we got upstairs to my room.

"It should be about the same size as yours."

"Really? I wouldn't know yet, my parents told me to go play with the locals until the movers were done. I estimate with all of my parents' crap, it will take them all day." She sat down at my desk and looked at my photos. "Are these your real parents? Are these your brothers and sisters?"

"Yep." I looked at the pictures and started thinking of my family. "I sure do miss them." I was leaning on the wall under my bed.

"How did it feel when they abandoned you at the orphanage?" She looked at me.

"Excuse me? No one abandoned me. My family was killed in a car crash the same day of my birthday, but I was with The Ghost Adventures Crew in Kenntucky for a lockdown."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I heard you were abandoned so Zak felt bad and adopted you." I knew it wasn't her fault that the information was wrong so I shook it off and continued talking.

"It's okay. I have all these memories that my older brother video taped and put into a box for me before they left for vacation." I went over to my closet and dug out the box from a corner I stuffed it into. I put it on the desk and opened it up.