Chapter 21

-two days later-

Zak told me that we wouldn't be investigating until January of 2013. I still had a little bit of a fever, so Zak tried giving me medicine. The only problem was that it was the liquid shit. I HATE liquid medicine. Zak soon figured that out.

"KATRINA!! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!" he screamed at me. He had the little shot glass in his hand and a furious look on his face.

"NO!! I HATE THAT SHIT!!!" I screamed back at him. We were about 5 feet away from each other.

"YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE YOUR FUCKING MEDICINE WHETHER YOU WHAT TO OR NOT!! I WILL SHOVE IT DOWN YOUR THROAT IF I HAVE TO!!"

"Go ahead and try!" I sassed. BIG mistake. He lunged for me and I didn't have time to react. He gripped my wrist and wasn't letting go, no matter how hard I tried running away. I covered my mouth with my other hand so he couldn't attempt to make me swallow it.

Wouldn't you know, Nick and Jay came in at that exact time to help with luggage.

Shit. Now it was 3 to 1. Not fair.

"Nick! A little help!" Zak yelled. Nick and Jay caught on fast and came over to help. "Nick, grab her arms, Jay hold her hair back." Zak ordered.

You may be thinking, wow they are not even tough enough to feed me medicine. Not true. Zak alone was super strong and was difficult to fight back, but with Jay and Nick restraining me, they knew they would succeed. I put up a good fight for a little while until I tired myself out and Zak finally got me to swallow. He slapped his hand over my mouth so I couldn't spit it back up.

After that, we all got the luggage to the airport and boarded the plane. My medicine made me super sleepy so I passed out once I sat down.

-Thanksgiving Day-

We came back the day before Thanksgiving so school was already off for vacation. Zak told me we were going over to Grandma's for dinner and I was gonna finally meet my Aunt Jessica and Uncle Kenny. Plus their 3 boys, my cousins, Tyler, Jared, and Kenny Jr.

I dressed casually, jeans and a nice colorful shirt, while Zak dressed in his usual doomsday attire. We got in the car and drove all the way to my Grandma's. The car ride was silent, as usual, and Zak had his loud, rock/metal music blowing my eardrums out.

We finally got to Grandma's and I was introduced to everybody. The last people I met was my Aunt and Uncle.

"Oh my goodness," Aunt Jessica said as she pulled me in for a hug. She was taller than I was, my guess was about 5'6". "It's so nice to finally meet you. Zak has told me SO much about you!" She was so cheerful and bubbley that it made me stop to think, those two are related?

"Nice to meet you kiddo," Uncle Kenny hugged me then tussled my hair. He was big and tall, like Zak, and had short brown hair and hazel eyes. They were so welcoming and warm that I lost my train of thought and just stared. I finally snapped back into reality when Aunt Jessica raised her voice.

"Tyler! Jared! Get in here!" She wasn't shouting , yet she wasn't talking. I questioned why she hadn't called for the last one but didn't have time to think about it long before two small boys, resembling there father, ran into the kitchen.

"Uncle Zak!!!" They both shouted then jupmed into his arms. He picked them up at the same time and hugged them tightly. He put them down and they turned towards their mom, totally ignoring me.

"Boys, this is Uncle Zak's new daughter, Katie." She pointed to me. Both of them turned around and looked at me. The oldest one, I'm guessing, looked at me a stuck up his nose.