Chapter 17

I stayed down on the floor with my face in my hands until I heard Zak running down the stairs. I looked up just enough to see him standing at the bottom of the stairs in his pajama bottoms and no shirt. The top half of his body, plus his face, looked like he was brutally attacked by something with HUGE claws. After seeing what I've done, I started tearing up again and before I hid myself again I saw him rush over to me.

"Katie, what's wrong?" He knelt in front of me. My hair was blocking his view of my face so he couldn't see how horrible I looked.

"Zak, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I couldn't control myself." I apologized because I thought he was mad. He moved my hair away from my face and moved my hands away from my face.

"What happened to you?" He asked in a soft voice. I lifted my head and looked him straight in the eyes.

"I don't know. I wasn't myself. I just had this over powering feeling to kill you." I started shaking and my head began to throb.

"It's okay. It's all over now. Just forget it and move on." He helped me to my feet then gave me a warm hug.

"Zak, there's just one thing that I can't understand."

"What?"

"Last night, I was using my left hand."

"So?"

"I'm right-handed." I pulled away from him and wiped my eyes. I looked at him and I could tell he wasn't sure what to say or do next.

"Just... just try to forget about it right now. I've gotta go to the office and help edit the evidence. Will you be okay here by yourself?"

"Can GG hang out with me? You know, just in case something......happens."

"Sure. I'm going to go take a shower and try to get this......stuff off me." He turned around and walked back upstairs. I stood where I was and moved my hair away from my face. I didn't move until I heard Zak's door shut and then I walked to the kitchen and tried to wash the paint off my hands. Once I got it all off, I called GG and asked if she wanted to hang at my house while Zak was gone.

"Yea, I'll be over in an hour." She sounded tried, almost like she just woke up.

"Ok, I just want to warn you though, I think something may have followed me home from Jamaca and it's not friendly." I layed down on the couch.

"It's ok. I'm sure if anything happens we can always call Zak."

"Can you try to get here before Zak leaves because I don't want to spead one minute in this house alone." I waited for a response but all I heard was soft breathing. "GG? Are you there?" I looked at the kitchen timer and it said 6:04.

I hung up and went to the kitchen to make breakfast while I watched the news. There wasn't much happening in Las Vegas this week which was quite suprising and halfway through the weather, the tv shut off. I turned it back on and paid no attention to the fact that it was most likely the spirit that followed me home. After about 5 more minutes I finished making my breakfast and started eating while I continued to watch the news. Again, it shut off all by itself and this time, I pretended like I didn't care.

"Oh thank you. I was getting tired of watching this bullshit but I was too lazy to change the channel. Thanks for doing it for me." I got up and put my plate in the sink then went upstairs to change.

Once I got changed and I started to brush my hair, which finally reached my butt, I heard Zak come out of his room and I came out of mine. Zak had on a red shirt with some crazy design on it and a hat to match. He walked straight pass me without saying anything and I followed behind.