Chapter 59 - Would You Stop And Take A Look At Me Now?

Sandy's POV

"Who is she?! Who's with Greyson?!" I shouted angrily, complaining to my mom while pointing to the TV. I just hang up on Greyson when he told me he's alone at the park. Really, Grey? Alone at the park? Why don't we check the news, shall we?

"Hush, Don't you remember Nina?" She calmed me down. Running a hand through my hair, I stared at the wooden furniture near the staircase. Nina? Who the heck is Nina? First, Lauren and now it's the Nina. Why are they trying to steal Greyson from me? I may not own him but he told me I'm his, only his. Well, that does make him mine, right?

"Who is she?" I asked, voice cracking. Is Greyson cheating on me? Why? Am I not that good enough? Every time we were together, he always tell me I'm beautiful. And now he's cheating on me. Just great.

"She's your childhood best friend. You, Grey, and Nina." My mom answered. "Stop being so Melodramatic, hun." my eyes widen. Me? Melodramatic? Please. I'm just sure she's trying to steal my Greyson.

"Melodramatic, mom?! He's my boyfriend! How would you feel when you think dad has another girl?! Huh?! Wouldn't you be.." I quoted. "Melodramatic?!"

"Trust, Sandy. All the years with your dad, I know he wouldn't do that. Just like you and Greyson. All the years you've been through. Even when he was just your best friend. You knew each other well. Think positive, Sandy. He'll never cheat on you." My mom grinned at me. I rolled my orbs and looked away. My gaze shifting back to the wooden furniture. What if's were surrounding my mind. What if Greyson cheats on me?

"Mom he just lied to me! A good boyfriend never lies!" boyfriend? The word stung. I felt something hard stabbed at my heart. Does he even love me? Did he?

"Maybe he's just going to-"

"No, mom! Don't try defending him because the point here is he lied to me! He. Lied. To. Your. Daughter. Think about it mom! Ugh!" I shouted at her. Her eyes widen. I just shouted at my mom. I feel so horrible now.

"Sandy Michelle Wakefield, I'm trying to work upstairs and all I heard was you screaming at your mom." My dad said sternly, standing at the middle part of the stairs. I stared at him, teary eyed. They just don't understand how I feel.

"I'm just going to my room." I mumbled. My room was located downstairs, near the kitchen. It's the only room downstairs and what makes me freak out is when my mom asks me to turn all the lights off before heading to my room. Shifting my gaze on the floor, I let the strands of my hair loose and fall in front of my face. I went to my room and closed the door behind me. Locking it.

I la on my bed, hands behind my head, staring at the cream-colored ceiling. The main light of the room was there, right where I was staring. The white light, covered with blue and yellow Japanese papers making the whole room look green. It was made by Greyson when we were six years old. He thought it would be nice if the lights were green. I remember he was so attracted to green and shiny ornaments like a leprechaun before he fell in love with black and white.

*Flashback*

"Greyson! Stop i-it!" I laughed, chuckles escaping my mouth. He kept on poking my sides and tickling me, making me giggle.

"Hush, I was dreaming about-" He grinned. He fell asleep while tanning himself laying at the bare sand, just on his boxers. We were on a road trip that day, a surprise one, so we didn't know we were going swimming.

"Ooh. You're dreaming 'bout what, babe?" I giggled, wiggling my eyebrows at him. He just stopped tickling me, staring right into my eyes. He smiled. Leaning closer. Lying on the sand, with him on top of me. I felt magnet, as we both leaned in, eyes closed, like our lips were attracted with one another. I waited for our lips to meet. But then I felt him slightly peck my nose. What a tease.

"I was dreaming about me and you getting married." He smiled cheekily, kissing my nose again. I blushed. Him and me. Married. It didn't sound right. But it did sound perfect. I felt myself go off nowhere. Pictures surrounding my brain. Him on a tux and I'm on a white dress as the priest asked anyone who will object. The priest announcing us husband and wife and the priest letting the groom kiss the bride, which is Greyson and Me. We kissed. As I pulled back and smiled at the people in the church. Damn, what am I thinking about we're just 14 years old back then.

"You're the sweetest boyfriend ever." I said, leaning in as our lips finally met. His lips were soft, softer than a cotton candy as if it was going to melt under my lips. I pulled back, staring at his brown orbs, making me fall for him more.

"I know, Sandy. The hottest too." He winked.

*End of Flashback*

I smiled at the memory. My eyes were closed just remembering Greyson and I's best moments.

*Flashback*

"You two got burnt. Did you put some sunscreen?" Tanner asked, referring to our skins. We went to play volleyball at the backyard and the weather was really hot since it's summer.

"We didn't so we all can be related" Greyson winked at me. I laughed loudly remembering the joke he said earlier. Tanner raised an eyebrow at us.

"I don't get it. Sandy and I aren't related." his face looked so confused. We laughed again.

"Oh you two are now related then. You know," He pointed at me," Tan" Then his hands came flying and pointed at Tanner,"Tanner" then he pointed his thumb to his chest, "And I'm Tannest, get it?" Greyson and I laughed. Tanner wasn't really making fun of his own name , was he?

"Making fun of my name, eh?" He grinned evilly at Greyson. Taking a step forward, Greyson's eyes widen.

"No, no, no. Don't look at me like that. Sandy came up with that joke!" Tanner started chasing him. Greyson grabbed my hand, entwining our fingers as we run together up to his bedroom.

We arrived at his bedroom, locking the door behind us. Tanner was knocking down, shouting at us from the other side of the door saying we should open the door.

We sat down on the floor near the door. Our backs pressed against the wall and my head rested and nuzzled at Greyson's neck. Looking down, our fingers were still entwined, my fingers fitting perfectly on his.

"Tanner's gonna kill us." He laughed lightly.

"Suppose to be just you. But being the good boyfriend you are, you told him your girlfriend came up with the joke. Making the two of us busted." I stated sarcastically, glaring playfully at Greyson.

"Whatever. My skin hurts." Showing his arm to me, it was really pink, the color indicating that it was burnt. So was mine, but I really didn't feel the pain. His eyes were glued on me, does puppy eyes, damn cute puppy eyes. And I can see at the corner of my eyes his bottom lip was pouting ,making his cheeks chubby. When he does that, I know he wants me to comfort him, massage him or whatever that makes him feel right.

"Not gonna happen, Grey. I'm not in the mood." I said sternly at him. His hands started caressing my cheeks as he kissed my neck. There'd be a love bite there afterwards. And if dad sees that, I'm dead. Really dead.

" Alright, alright. Fine. Just stop doing what you're doing." I gave up as he smiled cheekily at me.

---

"I feel a lot better now." He grinned. And my hands hurt. I end up massaging his arms and back with lotion while he fell asleep.

"I've got another joke" I grinned.

"Go on" He said, kissing my cheek. We were sprawled across his bed, laying on our stomachs as we stared at each other's orbs.

"If you're Greyson why isn't Alexa, Greydaughter?" We both laughed.

"You really like to make fun of our names, do you?" He smiled.

"I sure do"

*end of flashback*

---

Greyson's POV

This is it. The garden was beautiful, decorated with lights, balloons and a dining table for two sat at the end of the pathway, waiting for Sandy and I. The grasses were green, colors perfectly matched with the lights. My grand piano was near there.

I dug my hands into my pockets, grabbing my phone and dialing a familiar number. Sandy's number.

"H-Hello?" she answered groggily. Her voice was cracking. Oh no she could've been crying.

"Hi sweetheart, I-" I started but then all I heard was a familiar beeping sound, signaling she hung up on me. What the heck? I dialed again and again. I knew she declined my calls. It could've gone to voice mail.

"What do you want, Grey?" She asked, obviously annoyed.

"Wear something classy. I'll pick you up at seven." I said before hanging up, so she couldn't complain and she's be forced to come. Gotta prove I love her, right?

---

"Hi." She grinned lightly, before taking a step forward and closing the door behind her. She was wearing a strapless, dark blue dress. The skirt was shiny, full of glitters. Perfect for the night. She looked gorgeously beautiful even if she wasn't wearing any makeup.

"You look beautiful, Sandy." I said, kissing her forehead as she blushed and escorted her towards mom's car. I opened the car door for her, and gestured her to go first.

We sat in silence as Joe drove. Our fingers were entwined, but she obviously kept distance between us. I wonder what's bothering her right now. She was staring at the window, the lights reflecting on her beautiful face. Avoiding my gaze, I heard her clear her throat.

"So where are we going?" She asked. There's really something wrong. Knowing her for about 10 years now, I knew when she's not feeling well. Her voice cracks, as if she's going to sob any minute now. Her eyes were puffy, making it really obvious she cried. She thought I was cheating at her. I knew it because her mom told me earlier.

Showing her my set of teeth, I smiled ear to ear. "It's a surprise." I kissed her cheek.

"Okay." She trailed off. That's it? She's not going to be like 'Oh I love surprises'? Something's really long. And she really won't look at me in the eye.

"Hey" I said cupping her cheeks, her eyes we're closed. "Open your eyes, Sandy. I want to see those brown eyes." I said, pecking her lips.

She opened, but she didn't look at me. She looked down.

"There they are." I smiled. Here eyes were shining, not because of the lights, but her waterworks were there. Tears were forming.

"Why are you cheating on me, Grey? Why? Am I not good eno-"

"I'm not cheating on you, love. And I'll never will."

"But you lied to me? I saw you, all over the news. With that Nina girl." she started, a tear fell down her cheek. I wiped it with my thumb. Why did I even lie to her? As soon as I was about to reply, Joe interrupted.

"Sorry to bother, but we're here." Joe said, pulling over the parking lot.

"Thanks Joe." I smiled. Joe opened the car door at Sandy's side and soon enough we arrived at the pathway.

"It's so dark, Grey. I'm.. I'm s-scared." She said, frightened and shivering. I immediately, removed my leather jacket off me and put it around her.

"I'm here, Sandy." I smiled. In a few more minutes we'll arrive at the garden. I wonder what her face would be like. This night, since I picked her up at her house, our eyes haven't met. She's really mad, isn't she? She'll thank me afterwards. Oh wait, the blindfold.

"Turn around." She turned around, and I put the blindfold in the eye level and tied it behind, carefully not to ruin her gorgeous brown locks.

"Greyson?"

"Yes?"

"Are-are you sure we're going on the right way? I-I mean, you know how I'm afraid of the.. The dark. " She stuttered. Awww.. Isn't she like a baby? She's so cute right now. I chuckled.

"S-sorry.. Just asking." We continued walking, finally, the lights were on sight, meaning we're almost there.

"We're here now." I said, helping her remove the blindfold.

"Wow, it's beautiful, Grey." I smiled, admiring her face as she stared at the lights with joy as the the lights reflected on her shining brown orbs. I was surprised, she kept calling me Grey. She hadn't called me that in ages.

"You're more beautiful." I whispered, as blood came rushing to her cheeks and I saw goosebumps rising on her skin. I'm doing a great job on making her go away, am I? Although she still haven't look me in the eye. Every time I stared at her, she stared at a distance.

"Look me in the eye, Sandy."

"I can't Greyson. I just... Can't."

"Why not?" I grabbed her chin gently and tilted it upwards. Her eyes, looking at my right side, avoiding me.

"My anger.. Just goes away." she mumbled. As soon as she saw me smile, her eyes widen as she blushed. She just said it aloud.

"Can we take a seat now?" I said gesturing her towards the table covered with White and red silk cloth. "M'lady" She smiled as I pulled the seat from the table and let her sit.

I went to sit at theother side of the table, in front of her.

"Spaghetti bolognese for a la señorita Sandy, and a la señorito Greyson!" Tanner came, dressed like an Italian waiter as he presented his own work. Tanner makes the best foods. And I actually thought at first he would deny it when I asked him to cook for Sandy and I. Being the good brother he is.

"This so goooood!" Sandy cheered as she grabbed the Parmesan cheese from the center of the table and sprinkled a little cheese on her plate.

"He's the best cook." I said, admiring the delicious food while cheese melted on my mouth. Heaven.

"Hey Grey, I have a question."

"Sure, go on."

"If waiters serve your orders, and you're the one who wait for you order, shouldn't you be called the waiter?" She smiled. Looking at her face that smile was different. The smile where she knows she's going to win like she knew I can't answer the question. I know it myself too. She was the one who is smart. The who got brains, beauty and kindness. She 's perfect. Sandy's perfect. While me, well I'm just me. I can't get an A+ but I can get an A if I tried.

All the time we talked, she never looked at my eye. But I could tell she's enjoying herself.

---

"Sit with me, Sandy" I said as I sat on the piano bench, moving on the right and leaving a space for her to sit on.

She sat down near me. Her orbs were eyeing the black and white keys as she waited for me to play.

"So long to electric fences. Not much left for me to run from now.. Guess I'll turn myself around.. I'm putting down my defenses.." I started singing. The familiar lyrics of Take a look at me now escaping my lips as my hands flawlessly glided through the piano keys, doing those familiar chords I myself made years ago.

----

Sandy's POV

Greyson did this for me. Can I trust him again? But I can't help wondering why he lied to me.

"Would you stop and take a look at me now?.." He sang the last line, his face turning to me and finally for the first time this evening our eyes met.

"I love you." I blurted.

"I love you too." He said as we leaned in. Sharing a short kiss.

"You taste like spaghetti." I pulled back, giggling.

"That's what we ate, silly." He chuckled, brushing our noses together.

"Let's drive you home." He took my hand as we walked back in the dark, his arms around me.

---

"Hey Sandy! Before you leave!" He ran to me, a bouquet of a dozen roses on his hands. "You can keep my jacket."

"Thanks Greyson." I thanked him, kissing his right cheek.

"Oh and Sandy."

"Hmm?"

"I lied to you because I don't want want to ruin my surprise." He smiled cheekily before running back to his mom's car. I giggled as I opened the front door of our house.

"I COULD NEVER CHEAT ON YOU SANDY! YOU'LL ALWAYS BE THE LOVE OF MY HEART!" He shouted from the car before it started moving until it was out of my sight.

---

"The roses are really beautiful, Hun." My mom told me as she admiringly stared at the red roses arranged in pink and yellow ribbons.

"Yeah, they are." I answered as I took the roses and went to my room. "Good night mom!" I shouted before entering my room. I took a look at the roses. They were really beautiful.

A week later..

"Mooooom!" I shouted from the disposal room." Where can I throw these roses?! They smell and the roses already withered!"

"Just throw it on the black plastic bag, honey!" My mom shouted back from the kitchen.

"Alrighty then." I whispered lightly to myself as I started pulling the roses from the pink and yellow ribbons. There were eleven roses. But Greyson said there a dozen- A small one, a pink rose, was hidden under those large, puffy, red roses. It was fresh and it was obviously fake. Why would Greyson- A small card was tucked neatly on its bottom.

Messy handwritings were found, saying:

"I will love you until the last flower dies.
-Greyson"

Author's note:

This might be ending soon, and I want to thank all of you! Including you, who's reading this.

Thank you so much for supporting this fanfiction :">>

It's been almost a year and it's now over. ALMOST over. (=

I just wanted to say that I started writing this when my mom told me that I couldn't go to Greyson's concert. A lot of my friends helped me with this fanfiction.

Thanks a lot to @Amazayn_Grace for the book cover and also for helping me! ;)

Thank you so much, @HeartBrokenAngel_23 A.K.A. my sister for also helping me.

And Thank you TO ALL OF YOU. To all of my readers :)

We made it to 60k!!! All thanks to you, even to those silent readers out there! HAHA

Well, don't worry because I'm having new fanfics. (=

Hey, this isn't the end yet.

Anyways, please oh PLEASE comment, vote and share! Share it to your friends! (=