2.Facing the past

°°° when we were young °°°

***Omkara***

Anika!....... I flabbergasted seeing her after long time in the doorstep as soon as I opened the door. But her glare pierced through my body Like hot iron. After my break up with Gauri, anika cut off every contacts with me. In college we three were best friends in fact anika was the cupid between us.

Come in....... I welcomed them inside keeping my thoughts aside.

Do you know each other?...... Prinku asked sitting on the sofa looking us doubtfully. I stood there silently not knowing what to say. Not getting answer from me She turned to anika's side for explanation.

Yes we know each other the best...... Anika said looking at me. I felt the sarcasm behind her words. I knew I deserve it. I did a mistake but I have my own reasons. No one is willing to hear my part and I don't have any problems with them.

Yaa I forgot you both were in same class. Stupid me.... Prinku slapped forehead for her stupidity.

In fact we both was best friends once.... She continued looking at me.

Then what happened breaking your friendship..... Prinku asked facing me. I gulped the lump formed in my throat. I don't know how will I say her I broke someone's heart and trust that they have on me.

I did something that broke our friendship and trust. They stopped talking to me After that incident...... I said in guilt looking at her. She sat there with no emotion showing in her face. I deserve this treatment from her.

Really? I never know you both were best friends..... Prinku exclaimed. I smiled at her enthusiasm. She is an introvert since childhood. We three brothers treated her like princess and never let her face any problems. She was silent and not very socialized. She always immerse herself in books. So she never know anything about our friends or relationships. She don't know about mine and gauri's relationship or our breakup.

Aaaaaahhhhhh............. We startled hearing someone's scream. Suddenly Rudra rushed out from the kitchen screaming.

Rudy what happened?...... I asked him as soon as he reached near me.

My protein powder is finished....... He said like he lost something important. I felt like slapping him for his childishness.

dumb you scared me....... Prinku signed heavily keeping hand on her chest. Anika looked at him weirdly. She is seeing him for the first time.

Didi this is my dumb brother Rudra..... Prinku introduced him before I do.

***

Rudy you are so cute. Seeing you I miss my little brother...... Anika said pinching his cheek. She bonded well with Rudy in this short time.

You can consider me as your another brother. I am sure I will be the hot and sexy guy than your brother....... He said exaggerating himself.

Eww Stop it Rudy because of you we forgot the matter we have to talk....... Prinku slapped his head. He pouted sadly looking at her.

Bhaiya can you help us....... She said to me after a pregnant pause. I looked at her eagerly.

She told me the current situation anika facing. I felt sad hearing she got cheated and lost her money. I thought for sometime how to help her. Suddenly an idea struck me.

Prinku do you remember the apartment i bought last year for my art works. She can use it as I don't need it anymore. It needs a little renovation. I think we can do it in three or four days. Till then she can live with us...... I said remembering my apartment i bought with the money I got from my first exhibition. Last I used it was before I went to New York.

Thanks for your concern but I don't need it. I can handle it myself....... She said in attitude. I am not sad as I expected this reaction from her.

Anika let's not fight in this matter. You yourself know the situation. So at least let me handle this...... I said cutting of her. She is making it hard. I know she is angry with me.

Then I will give you the rent....... She said again. I know she is stubborn and will never back out from her decision.

Ok fine...... I reluctantly agreed to her.

Bhaiya we will go and show her the apartment so she can modify it if she wants......... Prinku said to me. I nodded my head agreeing to her.

I and Rudy went outside and started my car Followed by anika and prinku. We together left in the car to the place where apparently my apartment is.

In between anika stopped me as she wants to buy something. She stepped out of the car and went to the shop nearby and We waited for her inside the car. After sometime she came back with some covers. Rudy helped her with the packets and dropped it in the back of the car.

We two with Rudy and prinku went to my apartment to settle down everything. The next few days we were busy with the renovation of apartment. Although anika refused my help I didn't leave her side. I thought she needs help as she don't know anyone other than us three.

Anika's pov

I got angry seeing omkara Infront of me after many years. Every time I see his face I remember the broken state of Gauri. She tried to suicide due to the broke up. Luckily I saw it on time and saved her. she cried hard on my shoulder in the hospital. That day I promised I will cut of all my connections with him. He is no one to me. But now fate brought us to each other again. And I will never do the same mistake by trusting him.

Come in....... His voice brought me back from my thoughts. Before I could proceed Priyanka entered the house and sat inside. I went behind her and stood there looking around the house.

Suddenly prinku's question that whether we know each other brought back the old wounds inside me. He shifted uncomfortably seeing my glare.

I replied in sarcasm that we know each other the best. I was glaring him all the while. Suddenly the atmosphere turned cool when Prinku said her stupidity as she know we both are from same class.

Om said he has an empty apartment as Prinku told my whole situation. I don't want to do anything with him. But destiny bought me here asking his help. He tried hard to convince me. Atlast after lot of struggles I agreed to take his help but on one condition that I should pay the rent. After all I have my own respect.

We four together went to see his apartment due to priyanka's insistence. She wants me to be comfortable on the new environment. I am glad to have her as my friend. Otherwise I don't know what will I do in this city.

On our way I asked them to stop the car Infront of a supermarket. I went inside and bought some cleaning necessities so that we can start the work today.

" The new beginning after unexpected surprises is starting from today onwards "

*************** ******************

Thank you for waiting patiently and please keep supporting me.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Target : 20 votes and 2 followers
.
.
.
.
.
With lots of love
.
.
.
Anagha Krishna ❤️