37. drowning in sorrow

It's been eighteen hours since anika heard something about Shivaay. Vivek wasn't present in office today much to her dismay. She rarely focused on her work as her mind wandered around Shivaay.

In the evening Anika reached back her apartment. She switched on the light. It felt all gloomy for her. She felt like it was pry for years. She throws her bag to the table that sorrounded by the sofa and went to kitchen.

She tied up her hair into a loose bun. The empty kitchen again reminded her shivaay. In these two weeks she got habitual of coming to a kitchen occupied by shivaay and smells of delicious foods. Before it was of her noodles and pooris.

She wiped away the strand of tear that escaped from her eye. She took a deep breath and took out the milk pan. She urgently needed a cup of tea.

She always thought love was unrequited and time wasting. But later as she thought about the days she spent with shivaay, she knows what love is.

It is to have someone to wait for us back at home, someone whom we can share happiness and grievances, someone to lean onto when feels tired. Love was a necessary thing to humankind. We need someone to love in every stages of our life.

Anika was glad that she had found that person in shivaay. She loved him dearly, there is no doubt in it. Now she felt stupid for not giving him what he wants.

Time went by. It was midnight. Still there's no whereabouts of shivaay. Anika sat on the couch of the living hall restless. She tried calling his phone many times but no one picked up. That let her anxiety double.

She pondered over many thoughts in her head. She could only come up with the conclusion that shivaay was angry on her. She felt if she would have agreed to his desires and let it down, he wouldn't leave her like this.

Tears left out off her eyes wetting the cheeks. She felt helpless. She clutched the cloth at her chest as a bitter sob escaped her lips.

She lost the track of time untill her phone rang. It was omkara's call. As much as she hate him for not being there for her friend, at the time Shivaay mattered. She picked up his call.

she cleared up her throat before answering "Hello"

Omkara saw through her pretense. He knows her very well. After all once their friendship was very deep.

"Anika.... Shivaay is with us. Don't worry. He will come tomorrow. You go to sleep." He says. As far as he know about her. She would crying before he called. She would have blamed herself for shivaay's disappearance.

Anika felt relief washed through her body. She signed before humming and cutting the call.

Atleast he was safe..... She thought

But why didn't he call her? Was she hurt him such an extent that he preferred omkara reporting about his whereabouts than himself.

She felt her head bursting up with all the wild thoughts and guessing. She dragged herself to her room. She pulled out her medicine box and gulped down her migrine medicines.

Anika got migrine for the first time in twelveth grade. She got irregular sleeping times and midnight burning of oil, that made her health eventually worse. She started taking medicines from then on. For the past few years she never felt the need to use it, but she sticked it up everytime out of habit.

Anika lied on the bed and pulled up the comforter trying to find comfortable position to sleep in. She got habitual if sleeping in his arms in these days. She signed and closed her eyes to let sleep engulfs her.

*******

While the other side........

[Half an hour ago]

omkara stared the phone as anika hung up the call. He could imagine how heartbroken she felt right now.

He looked away from the phone to the person lying on the bed in unconscious state.

"Unknowingly  you are hurting her shivaay. She don't deserve this. I know how it feels to someone lose hope in life and turns to their worst self. Because, I am the example. For the first time Anika trusting and loving someone this much after her brutal past. Don't destroy it shivaay" he said staring at shivaay's figure.

Omkara just landed on India after an eventful journey, when he got rudra's phone. He dragged shivaay to a pub to cheer him up, but it ended up getting shivaay drinking still he lost his connection to brain.

He immediately rushed to them. Though he wanted to scold rudra, his first priority was to get shivaay safely to home. Drunk shivaay was something he could only handle. He never let shivaay drunk this level without his presence.

He and rudra took shivaay to Oberoi mansion instead of his apartment. They wanted to keep him in their presence until he get back his mind.

Shivaay hummed turning away accidentally hitting his leg on omkara's thigh who was sitting beside him. That made omkara come back to earth from his thoughts.

He removed shivaay's shoes, covered him with quilt and switched off the lights. He lightly closed the door.

He slumped down on the sofa beside rudra who was texting someone on the phone.

"Did bhaiya slept?" He asks raising his head up from the phone.

"Yes, he made fuss and called for Anika several times" omkara said.

"Why don't we call babhi and tell her bhaiya is with us. Otherwise She'll worry" rudra says

Omkara looked his brother in surprise. When did he get matured. He started taking other's emotions in serious.

"That I called. Rest of them will be shared by shivaay. We can't meddle in their matters" he says.

"That's right. He would tell her himself the rest" rudra agreed with omkara.

"And how's your trip. Did you see hot girls on newyork" rudra nudged his shoulder raising his eyebrows in mischievous.

Not hot girls but i definitely saw once upon my girl..... Om thought

"I amn't you rudra. I went there for work. I completed it and flied back right after"

"Uhhh you're boring. If this is going you will remain single forever" he says.

"Anyway goodnight. The drinks started working on me. Let me get some nice sleep" rudra says getting up and giving om a brotherly hug.

"Okay. I will sleep later" om says reciprocating the hug.

Soon after rudra left omkara took out his phone and opened his gallery. He tapped the recent button and many photos popped up. Many of them were gauri's candid pick. After leaving her home, he followed her for the whole day. To her workplace, to the supermarket she went, to the daycare center she went to drop her daughter. He took many pictures of her.

He caressed her face zooming in a picture. He dragged it slowly till her daughter's face came to the screen in full size. He caressed that child's face too. Somewhere in his heart he felt it soften seeing the innocent smiling face.

If only they didn't broke up. They would also have such a cute child. He signed closing all tabs and placed his phone on the side table. He lied on the couch one hand covering his face.

His body is extremely tired. It needs rest. First the jet lag and nine hours of travelling, then shivaay's chaos. It all drained up his energies. He drifted to sleep as soon as he closed his eyes.

-------------------------------------------------------

Next chapter is up guys

Three persons, three situations but the state is same

Confused, hurt, not ready to accept the reality and whatsoever......

What happened to shivaay that he neglected anika's feelings?

What will anika do to let go of her insecurities?

What is happening between gauri and omkara? Will they give each other a chance to make everything right?

Stay tuned for next update

Next: Saturday