34. serendipity

Anika pulled up the blanket till shoulder turning to other side in the bed. Previous day she came to office with a minor headache and clogged nose. Maya advised her to visit a doctor but Anika swatted her off saying she would vising in the evening.

Now she is resting on her apartment after getting a high fever yesterday night. Shivaay was worried sick ,barged into her apartment and accompanied her throughout the night. He time to time changed the wet cloth on her forehead and was awake till morning.

"Good morning sunshine"

Anika rubbed her eyes adjusting it to the sunlight as a familiar face came into her view. She smiled pulling him by hand and he fell on her. He placed both his hands-on the bed support himself. She snuggled closer to his body sniffing his cedar wood scent.

"Anika!Come on, it's time to get up"

Shivaay says running his hand through her hair placing a soft kiss on her forehead. He removed her hold on him and gets up from the bed

He grabbed her by shoulder and made her lean on his body. She whined lightly and opened her eyes.

Her lips curved up feeling his warmth. She pressed a light kiss on his biceps.

"Come on be a good girl and brush your teeth" shivaay said caressing her shoulder as she cocooned in his arms.

"Lift me up" she says raising her head and forwarding her hands. Shivaaay shook his smiling and stood up from the bed. He snaked his arm around her waist lifting her up, she wrapped her arms and legs around him. He placed hands on her bare legs as he held her safely and walked to the washroom. That was an intimate act and they both felt the atmosphere turning hot.

He made Anika sit on the counter near basin and handed her the brush and paste. He also took one of the new spare brush she had and began to brush their teeth.

Anika stared shivaay throughout feeling her stomach churns at the sight of him. His hairs were messy but to her he looked hot in that. His shirt was tucked out of his pants and sleeves were folded till elbow.

She stopped brushing and wrapped her hand around his neck pulling him closer. He came forward parting her shorts cladded leg standing between them. At the time Anika felt itso sexy. He snaked his arms around her waist pulling her forward. She grabbed his shoulder for support as she launched forward. Their lips were barely an inch apart.

His hands did wonder around her waist as he inserted his hand inside her t shirt rubbing on her waist. She gasped an audible breath. That's when realisation dawned upon her. They both had brushes on their mouth. In between the cozy atmosphere they forgot they were middle of doing something. She patted shivaay's shoulder to bring him out of the world. She pointed at his mouth. He also realised and stepped back continuing the chores.

Suddenly Anika felt the warm going away. She absent mindedly brushed her teeth.

*******

"Maa shivaay is here. He will take care of me. Don't worry. I am fine" Anika said nth time to her mother. She wiped her leaking nose with a tissue and throwed it to a corner. Half of the floor in hall is filled with used tissues. Anika being lazy didn't have the patience to put it in the waste basket.

Shivaay went to office as he had some scheduled meetings lined up. He said to her that he will be back by afternoon.

Anika felt she was somewhat okay and decided to take work from home. She has her drawing pad and necessary things on her lap as she worked on the latest designs. That's when she got call from her mother. It was a normal daily call. Anika tried so hard to not let her mother find she is sick. But mother is a mother. The first thing she asks when she heard her voice was are you Ill?

Anika had to say the whole truth. She even assured her mother that shivaay is here to take care of her.

"No..now he's not here. He went to a meeting. Will be back by noon"
.
.
.
.
"You can call him directly, why are you asking me to call you when he comes back"
.
.
.
.
"Oh! Sure, I will try that. Take care. Bye"
.
.
.
.
"Love you too" she hung up the with a small smile playing on her lips.

Her mother is indeed caring. This isn't the first time she made her mother worry. During childhood Often she comes home with wounds and marks. She was a rebellious child when she was young. She always pick up fight with others. But every fight is always for the right thing.

"Maa" the little Anika walked into her house with bruised arms.

"Oh my god! What happened?" Het mother rushed to her in worry and checked her out totally.

"Robin pushed me down" she said sobbing. Tears flowed out from her small eyes.

"Why would he do that sona? What did he do?" She asks.

"He stole pencils and eraser from our boxes. I told him that stealing isn't right thing and tried to take our things back. But he pushed me down and ran away" Anika hiccupped while saying.

"Don't worry. I will see with your class teacher. He will not do it again. Come let me clean your wounds. Then you will have your evening snacks. I made dhoklas for you" her mother said.

"Thank you, i love you mom" Anika wiped her tears grinning widely and went with her mother to tend the wounds.

Anika smiled at the fresh memory and unconsciously rubbed on her arm where there is a faint scratch as the evidence of the day.

"Now, what happened to my queen" shivaay said taking a seat beside her. He pulled her into his arms. She snuggled closer contented with what ever they have now.

She is a person who never liked silence. Her mother would always chant her for talking nonstop. But she started liking the silence since she met shivaay. The silence that engulfs both her and him. She liked doing nothing but snuggling into each other's arms just listening to their heartbeats........

-------------------------------------------------------

Next chap is up guys.

Just like I told you earlier I will try to cover the schedule i made.

Next: Tuesday