32. leap of hurdles

"zip up your mouth shivaay. You said two minutes but took thirty minutes" anika said buttoning up the top two buttons of her formal shirt, which was opened by shivaay few minutes back.

It was their first makeout. Usually they kissed, but this time shivaay caught up some more territories he wasn't allowed before.

"You enjoyed it too right." He said wiping the corner of her lips were the lipstick spread away.

Anika slapped his hand away and wiped it with a tissue. Though she enjoyed fully she wasn't going to admit that.

She took the only foundation she had on her clutch to cover up the hickey shivaay made on her collarbone. It was slightly red and can be seen very well.

"I think you were some cannibal in your previous birth." She muttered irritated seeing another hickey on little above her chest. There was some slight marks on her neck as well irritating her to the core.

Shivaay wrapped his arms around her from back. He grinned at her flushed face. It turned red like a ripen tomato. He poked her cheek in a teasing way earning a glare from her.

Someone knocked on the door making them distance from each other.

"I will kill you if someone comes to know what we did" she hissed looking at their disheveled figures.

He grinned running hand through his hairs, he loves how she grabs his hair when they kiss fiercely. After his mom she is the one who has the previlage to touch his hair.

"I will get going before someone steps into your office and gets traumatized by us" she said brushing her hair with her hands.

"Kiss me sweetheart" he said cheekily seeing her ready to go out.

Anika who held handle of the door to open turned around and stored shivaay narrowing her eyes.

"Aren't you satisfied with __"

"That was slip of my tongue. I meant miss me " he corrected. By one look at him she understood that he was deliberately teasing her.

She twisted her mouth and opened the door. Vivek stood there with some files. He smiled politely seeing her. She reciprocated and rushed out of their sight.

Shivaay chuckled seeing her embarrassed face. He straightened out his posture when Vivek entered his cabin. They both got engrossed in their business

*****

"How did the meeting go anika" she was attacked by maya and her team mates as soon as she reached the department.

The question brought her back the memories. Shivaay's jealousy, his frowned face, their kiss and almost makeout in his office.

"It was fine" anika said trying to not smile or blush. It would give away her secrets as Maya is very  gossipy. If she knows she and shivaay is dating. The next day the whole building knows it.

"What was the agenda. Did they say anything about the alwani's wedding"  aayush asks.

"No they extended the event for two more months. Probably will be on February"

"So we don't have any project to work on right now. Yippee! Now the boss should give us a two weeks paid leave" Lakshmi says excited. Being the youngest one on the team has its own advantages. He was carefree but hardworking accordingly.

"Huh. Dare you to go and ask shivaay sir for paid leaves. Let's see if you can crack the nutshell" Maya twisted her mouth retreating back to her seat. Laksh muttered diligently walking back to his place.

Anika shook her head as she can't deal with two child's alone and returned to the design she was working on.

Later in the evening she went back to her apartment alone as shivaay had meetings lined up and didn't have time to drop her.

She made a cup of coffee for herself and slumped on couch tiredly. As she was sipping her coffee , going through a fashion magazine lying on the side table, her phone rang breaking the silence evading the place.

"Hey chipmunk" she greeted her best friend who was calling her Father so long.

"Anikaaa" she heard a nervous and scared voice from other side making her worried.

"What happened? Gauri? Hello? Please don't cry Nd tell me what happened" anika tried to pacify her bestie though, she was panicking more than her.

"I met him" she heard a mere whisper from other end.

"Who?" She frowned. Who the hell is he, making her friend to be scared this much.

"Omkara" gauri said in between her sobs.

"What? What happened then? Did he bully you? Tell me i will kill him for you" anika said in anger. It's enough that he hurt her friend 5 years back. She won't allow him to take advantage of her anymore.

"He saw advi"

Shit!! A gasp left her mouth. She scratched her neck in frustration. Not even in her dream,she expected such a situation will arise. Gauri has been brave all these years or we can she she behaved so. She was more of timid and shy girl during their school, college days. But life made her to be bold and stand for herself. Even though she lost many thing in her life, she preserved her self respect.

"So he knows advika is his child?" Anika asks.

"No, but he had doubts. But seeing me and naman together he thought I moved on" she says.

"So what are you going to do now?"

"I don't know but I am sure that i wouldn't be going back to him. He gave me enough pain to not trust him again."

"What about love? Do you still love him?" Anika asks further. She got a moment of silence from other side.

"No, I don't love him anymore. My love for him died the moment he cheated on me with ishaana. All I do now is hate him to the core. And I will never let him be near my advi. He doesn't deserve to be her father"

Anika opened her mouth to say something,but considering how mentally weak is gauri right now, she gulped down the words.

As gauri hung up the phone, Anika's appetite died. She was started thinking about her and shivaay's relationship. If they go further with it. She will have to face Omkara everyday. And by her personality it is tough for her to behave normally infront of him.

Her headache worsened by all the thoughts. She shrugged off and lied on the couch itself and she didn't have the strength to go, lie on the bed.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sorry guys

I am down with fever and totally forgot about the update.

Let me fix a weekly two updates from today on. Tuesday and Saturday is convenient and will do publish new chapters in that day.

Next: Saturday

Stay tuned.......