39. The Seperation

"it'll be better if we take a break from each other. Don't search for me. I will come to you when I clear my mind"

Anika stared her phone after typing out the message. She contemplated for a while to send the message or not. Her heart whispered to press the send key lest he worry about her whereabouts. But her mind said to not do so.

After a few minutes of debate between her heart and mind she clicked the sent button letting her heart rule over her mind. She placed the phone on her lap and looked out through the window of the car she is travelling. it's too late to regret as her journey started. There is no way she will back out now.

Shivaay is one of the best partner she could ever get.She loves him, there's no doubt in that. But most of the time she couldn't decipher what's going through his mind. she isn't able to understand shivaay and his thoughts.

He has secrets in his depth of heart. He is rather reserved, always hide himself behind that cold face. Once she heard from rudra that the shivaay she is seeing now isn't the real one. He told her that if ever she saw shivaay a 10 year back, she would pinch herself hard. Because none who saw the present shivaay can't digest the past one.

He was fun, mischievous, chivalrous and always had smile on his face. Although rudra didn't say her the reason shivaay lost himself, she somewhat know it was related to his mother's death.

Anika had a faint memory of her father mentioning about the accident of pinky oberoi once.

The sudden withdrawal of shivaay, him giving cold shoulder to her was almost unbearable to her. Somewhere she blamed herself for his stubbornness. She couldn't give him what he wanted. But_____ can't he wait for her like he always did.

Everyone will get tired on taking initiatives. She would also have, if she did the same. She couldn't blame him ,but herself.

The breeze flew in caressing her long black tresses. She tucked them behind her ear staring out. She put on her earphones as some soft music played on it. Slowly a smile formed on her face.

Sometimes a change is needed when you want to clear up your mind. Now she need nothing else but a peaceful ambience.

******

At Oberoi mansion

Omkara stared his brother's back as he goes around the kitchen. He obviously knows that Shivaay was disturbed. This kind of shivaay is rare to see. He was plating the parathas he prepared minutes before.

Shivaay and parathas!! Are something no one could digest so far. If he is cooking something he despise, means that he was moody.

"What are you trying to do shivaay?" He finally asked the question that has been troubling him for quite sometime.

"Huh?" He looked up from the Paratha in the pan. "what  has happened to me?"

"I am worried about you Shivaay. You are pretending like you are fine, but i know you are not. You are becoming an ideal boyfriend giving her space, but think it otherwise. What if anika thinks  that she had better options than you, when she is is away from you. What will you do?" He asked. Omkara doesn't know what he was blabbering. It was as if he was sharing what he felt in his heart.

He saw gauri living well without him. And he realised whatever he thought was good for her becomes his nightmare. He thought she would wait for him, even if he push her away. But quite opposite to his thoughts she moved on with another man and created a happy family.

"That's just your rubbish thoughts om. I know Anika very well to say that she had rather slap me hard than breaking up. Now what she wanted is time and I am willing to give her that."

Omkara signed before turning on his heels out of the kitchen. Shivaay who had been stirring a curry stopped as soon as he left. It will be lie if he said he wasn't affected by what omkara said. He can imagine her sad face when he left her place abruptly. Even she tried to contact him after that, but he being the jerk left her calls unattended.

Now he was immersed in the thoughts of Anika. He wanted to see her, take her in his arms and ensure her everything is fine. He wanted to tell her that he is the jerk, there's no fault in her, and not to blame herself for his mistakes.

"Shit" he came out of the thoughts as smoke spread the kitchen. He dumbed the wasted curry signing frustrated.

******

Anika stepped down from the taxi she booked for the ride. The driver put down her luggage and drove away.

She looked ahead the greenery infront of her. Acres of land is full of variety of fruits, vegetables with a narrow road between.

Anika dragged her heavy luggage through the road. She hopped it up a little seeing the mud road. She can't drag it anymore. Half the way her luggage was picked up by a mid aged boy.

"Anika di, you should have informed us you are coming. I would comes to pick you up" the boy said.

"That's okay chottu, i have came here alone many times" she said patting his head

"Call me Rohit didi. You were the  one left to call me chottu. I amn't short anymore" he huffed in annoyance.

They walked ahead and passed through the fields to a house in centre of the place. It wasn't very big but not very small. The building was old fashioned, kinda we see in the movies.

A grin formed on her face as Rohit opened the metal gate. "DADI!" she shouted running to the lady in cotton saree, who is standing in courtyard.

"I missed you so much" she said hugging the old lady swaying her left and right.

She softly chuckled patting her head with her lean, squishy hands. "I missed my gudiya too"

"What made the princess graciously land her feet on this place?" Grandma asked in sarcastic voice, as they walked into the house.

She pointed her face sadly "why? Can't I come here without any reasons?" She nudged the old lady holding her hand.

"That's not the problem, you was busy everytime, when I ask you to come here. So, i thought something big happened that changed your mind"

"Nothing happened. I wanted to see you and I came. That's it" she said grinning. "Uff dadi, you are getting more and more beautiful every day. You look more pretty than the last time I saw you"

"Stop buttering up me. Go, freshen up and come for lunch." Anika's grandmother patted her cheek playfully. She grinned widely rushing to her room.

-------------------------------------------------------

Next chapter is up guys.

Sorry for the ratings on my previous chapter. You know how it feels if someone don't value our efforts and how much it hurts. There is so many silent viewers to my book. Only 10 or 20 percent of them vote the chapter.

Is it that tough to press the star button. I don't know what you guys are thinking.

Anyways I planned to continue the story. There is some people who I value so much is waiting for my update. I amn't ready to disappoint them.

As for silent readers, I am going to ignore them like plague.

PS: sorry, if any of my words hurt anyone.