31. Loneliness

"Absence makes heart go crazy" shivaay once saw it in a book. He has started missing anika, though it's been a few hours they met. Anika and shivaay went together to meet his brothers yesterday. She tried to enjoy the dinner, though she lost appetite.

After the lunch Abhimanyu went away, not before inviting them to his engagement. Shivaay was surprised or we can say embarrassed as he got jealous seeing abhi making her laugh.

In the evening she was dropped by him to her apartment. He tried to kiss her but she dodged and pecked his cheek.

Shivaay entered into his home. He loosened his tie, removed his overcoat and poured a glass of water. He never felt lonely before. Everytime he had something or other to do that he wasn't free to take up this loneliness. Now spending more time with anika, he started to reduce his workloads, eventually getting time to experience all other feelings.

He walked towards the wall were photos hanged up. He stared at a picture, it was of his mother and him. She wore her favourite peach frock with a huge hat smiling widely, while the 16 year old shivaay looped his both arms around her neck from back, placing his head on her shoulder. Her one hand securely placed below his cheek and other hand was on her dress. They both had contagious smile on their face.

It was from one of their vacation in Bahamas. He wanted to go there, so after finishing up his board exams they went together and spent 10 days there. She promised him that they would go atleast once in a year. If he know that will be his last trip with his mother.

Coming to back a smile played on his lips as he ran his hands across the frame caressing his mother's picture. He grinned remembering how she said that she would find her heera beta a beautiful wife. He withdrawn his hand leaving a heavy breath.

where ever his mother is, she would be happy seeing him happy here. He knows if she was there she would be jumping around as he got a girlfriend. If only he didn't insist her to accompany him to the concert. If only they took the shortcut route instead of the main one. Tears rolled down of his red rimmed eyes.

Shivaay broke out of all the thoughts by his ringing phone. He took out his mobile from his pocket and saw Anika's name flashing on it. In hurry he wiped his tears and cleared his thoughts before swiping the green button. He didn't want her to know he cried.

"Hello" he said in low voice. He didn't risk having a high voice and giving away the voice change. She is much more complicated than Sherlock homes.

"What happened to you. Why are you whispering?" She says.

"Nothing, was trying to be a gentleman" he says

"Says the one who almost kissed me in the basement"

"Hey! I tried to kiss my girlfriend not any random girl"

"Still you have to be punished" she says.

"Punishment!" He stopped as if remembered something "Okay then, i am waiting to be punished by you" he says rolling his tongue inside his cheek haughtily.

"You cheapster" anika said from the other side. He could make out her blushing the other end.

"Did you had dinner?" She asks him.

"Yaa, the cheese tomato pasta I made was super delicious" he said deliberately. He by the time know that if someone placed a 10 crore and a plate of food, anika will choose the latter.

"SHIVAAY" anike yelled from the other side making him laugh out. She is his stress booster. He was sad minutes ago, Anika's one call lifted up his mood.

"My eardrum damaged. You should compensate for that"

"How do you want me to compensate? With my presence? Or body?" She says in a flirting tone.

A chuckle escaped his mouth as he tried to not laugh loud. She followed his path laughing aloud that he couldn't anymore control himself. They both erupted into laughter till their stomach pained.

They randomly talked while shivaay cooked his dinner. He was cooking along with teaching her how to cook the dish he made. As anika knows the basic cooking, it didn't take more time to teach her.

"Don't add too much water while boling, else the pasta will turn into mushy texture" he says to anika on the phone while he added cheese to his pasta.

He took out his Bluetooth from ear as he heard no voice from the other side. His lips curved upwards as he realised she slept while talking to him.

He ended the call and served a plate for himself. The earlier happiness he felt has gone as he felt the loneliness for staying alone.
He earned to have a family of his own, someone he could call his own, and would wait up for him in his home.

The spoon clinked on the plate as he lost his appetite. He threw two three spoonful to his mouth uninterested. If his mother was there she would scold him till his ears bleed for wasting food. She always valued the things around, especially food items.

He atlast somehow finished eating and washed the plate, putting the leftover pasta inside the fridge.

*******

Shivaay yawned for the third time in the day since the meeting started. They had the monthly meeting to sum up this month's project details and expenses. Anika was also there accompanying Arjun representing design department. She raised her eyebrows asking shivaay what happened.

He blinked his eyes indicating nothing. She turned her head back focusing on the screen which an employee was presenting. Hell! She don't know what he talked as her concentration was on her man. She whispered on to Arjun about the ongoing and he explained it to her briefly in low voice.

All the while a man's eyes were pasted on those both. That was none other than shivaay. No matter how many times anika said she and Arjun has nothing going on. He can't help but think there is something between them.

Suddenly Arjun said something to anika and she giggled pushing his arms. That was the last string pulled out of shivaay. He was already in a bad mood since yesterday thinking about his life. He stood up from the seat abruptly.

The man who was presenting on had a mini attack seeing shivaay's angry face. He thought there was something wrong with his presentation. And he was sweating badly. Anika cleared her throat. Others thought she had some throat problem but shivaay understood the hidden meaning. He got know that she was angry.

"Sorry, I felt numb on my leg. It's okay you continue" he said seating back on his chair.

The man had another attack in the span of few minutes. Do I have some hearing problem? He thought. It was extremely rare opportunity to hear shivaay saying sorry.

"What was that?" Anika asked entering his room thirty minutes after the meeting.

"What?" Shivaay asks as if he don't know anything.

"The stunt you pulled inside the meeting room" she says.

"Oh! That's nothing. I was trying to grab my girlfriend's attention" he said shrugging his shoulders.

"You" ania walked over to him to beat him. As soon as she reached near him, he pulled her to his lap.

"So, now do I get my girlfriend's attention now?" He says wrapping his arms around her waist. His palms laid flat around her.

She held his shoulder in reflex as her breath got quicken. His palms moved slowly around her waist making her breath heavily. He buried his face on her hair , removing the clip that held it together.

"Shiv..aay" she said in broken voice as her clutch on him got tightened.

"Hmm" he hummed inhaling the vanilla smell of her shampoo from her hair. It was enchanting.

"Le..leave me so...some one will come" she completed the words stuttering.

He cuts her words placing his lips on hers. There she was, lost in his touch travelling to another world, where there is only she and him....

-------------------------------------------------------

Next chapter is here guys . Don't forget to vote and do comments.

                    -Anagha krishna❤️-