44. Nearing to the truth

Enjoy the reading

*********************************

Shivaay stood alone in the balcony, the cool breeze caressed his skin. His hands placed against the balcony as his body leaned forward. His heart was chained with fear. Tomorrow is very crucial day for him. His everything depends on the next day. Why was it happening to him? He just started living a peaceful life after many struggles and misunderstandings. His heart clenched in pain. No one knows how he feels after hearing the accident he thought that happened to his mother wasn't a normal one. It's a well planned murder and he is also a victim of it.

Minutes passed away, he was still immersed in the memories that running marathon through his minds. The time his mother helped him ride a bicycle, the time she surprised him on his annual day despite her busy schedule, her kisses that he hated and always wiped his cheeks whenever she kissed him. Those memories were still fresh in his mind. Pinky oberoi neither let him feel alone nor let him feel the absence of his father.

A drop of tear rolled down his eyes. He sniffed and wiped it away as he heard a knock on his door.

Vivek entered into the room followed by two men. They had covered their face behind the masks. Shivaay broke out of the reverie and walked towards them.

"Hello mr.oberoi" the man who wore blue checkered short and black bottoms stretched his hand outward. "Aakash here"

"Hello. I have heard about you" he says shaking his hand with him. He guided them to the study table in the room.

Vivek and the other person who turned out to be the assistant of Aakash cleared up the table.

"This is the file containing the police FIR and medical records. According to it, the accident happened on that day was filed as accident. But when we look into the reports clearly, it is said that pinkyoberoi had heavy head injury which later leads to her death."

Shivaay nodded his head running his eyes through the papers. His face devoid of any emotions. The FIR report states that the opposite truck crashed into the car because the driver fell asleep during the driving which resulted the accident.

But he knows it wasn't, there is something behind the scene. He vaguely remembered that there was no vehicles on their way till they reached a turn. Suddenly there was a truck from nowhere infront of them. Usually the vehicles put horn to give a heads up to the vehicles coming from opposite side. But there was nothing like sort on that day.

"Did you get any hands on the CCTV footages of the corner" shivaay asked shuffling through the papers.

"It happened almost ten years ago. There is a bit difficult in getting hands on the videos. We had to cross check with security department. They will have some footages." Aakash says.

"What about the truck's number plate"

"It's there in the reports, but it also says they used a fake one."

"Haa and the another thing is, the truck is of an old model. It's production is stopped. So basically if it has any repairing, the spares will not be available. So many people sold it away. There is still few hundreds of them in use. I think why don't we search in that way"

"But isn't it time consuming. We had to cross check with all the same models." Vivek vocaled his thought.

They had spent another half an hour looking through all the little details they had been collected. The other person who accompanied aakash turned out to be a white hacker. He used his genius Brain to sort out the truck models that specifically was on use ten years ago. He had literally decoded the original number plate that was partially visible on the video.

*******

Shivaay walked out of the hotel to his car wrapping up the meeting. He wasn't lying when he said he is going to mumbai for a shareholder meeting. He had plans to meet up all the old shareholders and summarise them about the company's further plans and all.

"Drive to the highlite mall" he said taking the back seat. Vivek nodded and marked the address on the map fixing the location route.

Few tens of minutes later they were strolling on the mall. Shivaay wanted to buy a gift for Anika. He wasn't this confused before. The half of female population was looking at him.

It's not a regular thing for the people around to see a man walking with an assistant and two bodyguards through a public place. They had probably thought he was some celebrity or what?

Shivaay didn't mind their looks. He had gone through all the things in the mall, but couldn't find the right thing he wants .

The ringtone of his phone suddenly grabbed his attention.
"Mr.oberoi, where are you?" The person asks. It was aakash on the other side.

"I am in the highlite mall, aakash. Is it something urgent?" He asks. Since he started working on the case of his mother. Shivaay was always nervous whenever his phonecalls come.

"Yaa, a kind of" he muttered "The person who sent you the message has been tracked down. His phone was switched on and the location showing is in some cafe of the highlite mall. I was going to ask you to go there, but you are already in the place. So  ask Vivek to check it thoroughly."

"Okay I will do" shivaay said cutting the call. He turned to Vivek who had heard some bits of their conversations. He told him the thing and asked him and the body guards to check around. Vivek was a bit reluctant to leave him alone, so he took one bodyguard with him leaving the other one with shivaay.

Shivaay sat on one of the chair, of the outside seatings spread on the corner of the mall. He looked around scrolling through his phone.

As minutes passed by he was turning more nervous. Somehow he was approaching the side of truth.

Currently he wanted to have a closed chapter to his painful past, to open up a new chapter. He clearly yearns to find out the truth behind his mother's death and the murderer.

Sometimes life would take something from us to give something more valuable than the previous. It's depends on us to mourn over the loss of the previous or enjoy the present.