43. The Re-investigation

Anika got up from the bed yawning and stretched her body. She slept well yesterday, than comparing with the other days. She woke up sniffing the aroma spreading on her room. The desi ghee's smell attracted her.

She went to use the loo while doing some stretching exercises. After finishing the chores and taking a bath, she put on a fresh cotton tshirt with capri.

Anika walked out of the room to the kitchen counter,where shivaay roaming around. She sat on the high stool keeping her elbows on the counter. She kept her face inside of her palms staring shivaay.  He had taken a bath and put on fresh clothes.

He slides a plate of sandwich and coffee to her side,taking the opposite seat.

"I need to go to Mumbai for a business meeting" shivaay said as he took a bite of his sandwich.

Anika's body stilled for a second hearing him.

"How long?" She asked composing herself.

"A week" he said.

"Okay" she bit on her sandwich and chew it uninterested.

"Should I pack your bags" she asks.

"No, I had told Vivek to pack mine. Had to take some things from my apartment" he says wiping his hands on the tissue.

"Go and get ready. I will drop you to office" shivaay says walking around to her. He placed a chaste kiss on her forehead.

She nodded her head pulling up a smile that didn't reach her eyes. After getting together this was the first time they are staying away from each other so long. Though she fought and left, he always followed her as if he can't stay away.

Anika signed looking at his fading shadow before turning to her half eaten sandwich.

********

"Your mother's death wasn't an accident. It's a preplanned murder. The murderer is around you but you aren't realising it. And don't search for me. It will be the biggest mistake you are doing"

Shivaay sat inside the plane uncomfortably as his mind wandered around the message that came on his Phone.

The day before, his sleep broke off by the notification that came on his phone. The message  totally washed off his sleep. He couldn't sleep after that.

After entering the flight he had turned flight mode on, in his phone. He had called anika few minutes before informing her about the take off and will call her once the flight lands.

He leaned on his seat looking out through the plane. He was missing anika. Though he tried to control emotions, he can't help but worry about her.

Vivek was also in the same flight but a seat behind him. He glanced shivaay who had pulled up a long face. Without guessing he knows the answer. After all this isn't the first time he is seeing shivaay. He didn't say anything and let shivaay take rest.

It was evening when shivaay informed him that they had to go some where yesterday. He didn't even ask where? Why? Or for what?. He just packed his bag along with his boss.

Vivek's eyes diverted from his boss by a airhostess who came to serve the complimentary foods.

********

Anika stepped into her empty home. It felt weird, a heart clenching one. She placed her bag on the couch, entering the kitchen. She poured a glass of water for herself.

Just when she was about to finish the glass, her phone ringed from her bag. Rocket would also not have such speed as anika, as she ran all the way from kitchen to living hall to take the call in second ring.

"Hello shivaay" her breath was messed up due to the marathon.

"Hey, what happened. Why are you panting" he asks.

" Huh? I was exercising" she said moving her hand. But then she realised he couldn't see her.

"In this time? You are okay, right?" His voice mixed with tease.

"Yaa.... Yaa I am, when did you reach?"

"An hour ago. I checked in the hotel, freshened up and called you". How was your day?" Shivaay asked while lying on the bed in his room.

"I am video calling you" she said switching to the video call.

"Hi" shivaay said sitting straightly. He pulled down his shirt that rolled up. Anika didn't miss the slight glimpse of his abdomen. She cleared her throat looking sideways.

"Why is your face flushed. Are you sick?" Shivaay asks glancing her red face. Damn! He doesn't know that he was the reason behind.

"Hmm, no" she touched her cheeks inorder to hide the blush.
"I came from outside, so my body is feeling a little warm" she says.

"Huh, anika one minute " he says cutting the call.

Around half hour later he called her back. By the time anika washed up and changed into comfy shorts and t shirt.

"Vivek came with tomorrow's meeting files." He says.
"So...... Missing me?" He asks placing the phone against the side table for support.

"No, i have better company's here" anika said flipping her hair.

"Who's that?" His voice turned sharp all of a sudden. "It must be that Aditya"

"How did you guess it correct?" Anika's grinned as he guessed correctly. He knows her very well.

"You know very well that I can read your face. Your face explains well that you are just telling all these to irritate me" he says. His lips streched widely.

"Hmm..... You're right. I miss you very much. You better come back soon, else I will run away with someone." She says as a smile threaten to broke out from her face.

"I will break your legs and keep you with me" shivaay's voice threw a threat.

"Let's see" she says. Her lips curved up as a full blown smile.

They both wished each other, with a lots of virtual kisses. As soon as anika hung up the call, shivaay's face changed. He looked at the file that kept on his side.

He had to re-start the investigation of his and mother's accident case. Vivek collected some materials with the help of a private detective. The file contains some clues of the accident.

He had hesitated for some time whether to open the file or not. After debating with his brain and heart, his brain won. Happened the file. He had that feeling that many things will change after this re-investigation.

-------------------------------------------------------

Next chapter is up guys.

I am trying to compensate for all the late updates.

I will upload chapters as much as possible for me. And I am planning to wrap up this book by March 3rd week. I don't know if it's possible or not.

Anyway let's hope for the best......

                            Anagha Krishna❤️