23. Last day in london

Anika walked into the event after fixing her make up. Her hair and makeup was messed up after the things happened inside the room. It gelt good and she wasn't regretting though.

She saw many of the famous designers and greeted some of them. Shivaay went to meet some of his business associates not before asking her to be near his eyes.

The main agenda of fashion weeks is to create social connections and to find new clients. Anika was good at talking and impressing people's. So she had to do her part well.

"anika!" Someone called her. She turned around to see who is it. Anika stared him as she didn't see him before.

"I am vihaan. CEO of dream designers" that man said extending his hand towards her. Anika looked around, it will be impolite if she doesn't shake hands with him as many peoples were looking at them. She just don't want to make difficulties, so she shook hands with him.

"Where did you lost it" he asked looking at her.

"What" she asks uninterested.

"Your smile" he said. She forced a smile on her face. It's obvious that he flirting and she isn't going to fall for it.

"I guess you are from Oberoi fashion house." He asked for which she nodded her head.

"I saw your designs, it's marvellous. Do you wish to join our company. I can make you our head designer" he said.

"No thanks mr. Vihaan. I am quite satisfied with my current job and i am not planning to change the company as of now" anika's voice turned little rough as she replied.

"But if you change your mind anytime give a call on this number" he tossed a visiting card to her and went away along with his staffs. Even though anika wasn't interested she accepted the card not to offend them.

"What did he spoke with you?"

Anika was startled at the sudden voice came behind her. Without turning she knows it is shivaay.

"Nothing he just want me to be his employee" anika said waving the card on his face.

"Then what did you said?" He grabbed the card from her hands. He's not liking her interacting with him. He saw her shaking her hands with him and even smiled when said something.

"I said oberoi industry is most suitable for me and i am not planning to resign this job" anika looped her arm with his placing her head on his biceps. A smile bloomed on both of their faces.

"But i like when you get all jealous" anika pinched his cheek as if he is a kid. Shivaay smiled at her childish behaviour.

"I am not" shivaay said walking away from her to the food corner. Anika didn't had her lunch as she was busy lecturing adi. That kid he don't leave any chance to make anika's mood sour. He ordered junk foods behind anika's back. She somehow found it and there it started all.

"Shivaay..." Anika sprinted behind him lifting her gown. "Don't deny it anymore. Your ears are fuming in anger."

"Aaahhh" she tripped on the carpet layed on the floor. She thought she is going to fall straight on her face emberassing herself. She closed her eyes ready to feel the ground. But after some seconds she couldn't feel the ground and even she felt something crawling through her waist so she slowly opened her eyes.

"Are you alright?"

It was shivaay's hand wrapped around her waist through front, her head landed in his shoulder unknowingly. She placed her hands on his shoulder to balance and stood straight.

"I am okay. Don't worry" anika said. She tried to correct the folded edge of carpet with her legs but couldn't do so. So she squatted down and unfolded it with her hands.

"Anika! What are you doing? stand up. Everyone is looking at you. The staffs will do it. Get up" shivaay chided anika and held her arm to help her stand up.

"If i tripped on it someone else will also do. Moreover i won't be small by doing this shivaay" she said taking his hand in her.

"Sorry mrs Oberoi, leave it. I will do it right now" a staff came forward suddenly. He feared he will lose his job as he saw Shivaay with her. No matter how much gentle is shivaay to anika for outside he is still the demon , rude and ruthless business man.

"It's okay i have already done it. But please be careful. A small mistake can cause big accidents" she smiled at the staff and her cheeks were warmed as he addressed her as mrs Oberoi. She walked with Shivaay to the area where food is served.

This small gesture of anika increased shivaay's admiration for her. He felt so small infront of her. If he was in her shoes he would have fired the staff for his negligence but she didn't blame them and she even corrected the mistake so no one couldn't get hurt like her.

"Let me wash my hands" she moved to the washroom on the corner of the hall.

Shivaay took two plates and filled them with foods. He even found seats for them.He looked at anika who was chatting happily with one of the designers who is attending the party. alas again she forgot herself in between. From afar he saw anika searching for him amongst the crowd. He took out his phone and called her.

"Here" he raised his hand so that she can see him.

"I am sorry shivaay" she said jogging to his side. She saw he also filled up her plate. Her heart warmed up at his gesture. She looked around and saw everyone is busy in their own. Shivaay narrowed his eyes seeing her looking around.

"What....." His mouths was sealed up by her lips. She pecked his lips and sat on her seat as if nothing happened.

Shivaay widened his eyes and stared her. She was busily eating without sparing a glance.

Love can easily influence a person's character. Before anika shivaay never thought he would be willing to let someone enter in his messed up life. For the period of time he forgot that he is a person with PTSD. The death of his mother which happened infront of his eyes devastated him. It even pulled him into the dark pitch of guilt. But after meeting anika he started smiling more often. That is the power of love. It can bring us out from our comfort zone and let us explore the things we have avoided before.....

-------------------------------------------------------

The next update is here guys....

Reactions awaited

Anagha Krishna ♥️