16. A dose of jealousy and hearty confessions

After two days

Anika and her teammates were busy since yesterday as the fashion week starting by tomorrow. They have been arranging the costumes of model in their alloted room.each of them were excited to showcase their talent.

Things wasn't easy for anika to reach to this point starting from scratch, winning the high class socialite family to pretend be a local girl. She was persistent not to use any luxury that she can get very easily by being the heiress of singhaniyas. She always wanted to know by her name not by her family name. She is proud to be herself and she wants to prove that she can be a known person without her family.

Since childhood she and her brother was prevented from playing with other children always surrounded by bodyguards wherever they goes and they were protected like treasures. Anika always get irritated and rant about it to her mother in turn she consoles her saying it was for their safety. By growing up she became more rebel  and this made her father make her learn martial arts so that she can protect herself outside.

Now that she was at the peak end of making her dream a success, she was feeling an unexplainable happiness and immense nervousness. Maybe standing in this stage and recieving the title trophy can make her shine in her own world. The world that is filled with her loving ones.

Anika's eyes drifted into shivaay who was discussing something with her team member aayush. Feeling someone's stare shivaay raised his head and looked into her direction. He smiled throwing a wink in her direction. She averted her gaze and looked at Maya who was showing her a draft. He shook his head biting his lips to control the chuckle and continued to hear what aayush was saying.

"I probably need a one week off after this show" karan said as a yawn left his mouth.

"Me too" neha backed him

"Me three" Maya says

"That we will think... first make sure you win the first place. Then each one of you will get one week paid leave from me" shivaay said walking upto them. He looked anika the same time she looked back him, their eyes locked. She tucked a strand of hair as a tint of red formed in her cheeks. Her face paled as he blowed a kiss towards her.

"Anika are you not feeling well" shivaay asked feigning innocence. Every one looked at her direction.

"You look pale " he said controlling the laugh.

Anika glared him as maya touched her forehead to measure the temperature.

"She don't have a fever" Maya frowned. She seemed to be worried about anika.

"You worrying for nothing. It must be the climate change affecting me. It will be okay in sometimes" Anika reassured Maya sending daggers against shivaay.

"Shivaay" he heard someone calling his name and looked up to see a girl in her midtwenty wearing a blue long dress which has slit on one side upto her knee and a white woolen coat above it walking towards him.

"Mallika" he exclaimed extending his hand to her but she took him in a hug instead. His hand which left hung on either side slowly kept in her waist to break the hug.

Anika stared into his hand which was on her waist sharply. Honestly she wasn't liking it.

"It's surprising to see you here" she said breaking their contact.

"Me too. It's been so long. The last time we saw was on the graduation party" shivaay said.

"You were the one cut contact from all of us. We always send you the invitation of reunion party but instead got no response from you" she slapped his biceps placing her hand there.