8. London fashion week

Third person's pov

It's been a month Anika started working on Oberoi fashion house. She become comfortable around her colleagues. Later after the phone call to her parents she started to get in touch with them often. The conflicts between her and dad solved. He showed green signal to her dream.

During this one month she made some small achievements. Her summer collections become trending in the market. It broke the record in Oberoi fashion house and her team got appreciated by board members.

" Anika! Thank God you came on time. I was about to call you " maya said panting heavily. She ran as soon as she known about anika's arrival.

" What happened " she asked back keeping her bag on the table.

" Today we have a meeting everyone needs to present there..." She said on the way. They both together were going to the meeting hall. When Anika entered all eyes turned to her. Some of them were jealous while some of them had admiration. She moved towards some empty seats and sat there pulling Maya along with her.

Some colleagues sitting beside her congratulated her for the achievement. When she was talking to them she felt someone's eyes on her. She looked up to meet with a pair of blue eyes. Her cheeks turned red feeling his intense gaze on her. She turned her head to other side and engrossed talking with Maya.

Shivaay is sitting in the chairman's seat but his entire focus was on her. Today she was a little different wearing a white sleeveless red flower printed kurti with a pair of ankle length red leggings. Her hair left open, ears adorned with a pair of dangles. Her face is freed from makeup and looking etheral. Time to time she is tugging her hair behind the ear.

Sir?...

" Sir " Vivek called Little loudly. Shivaay startled coming out of his thoughts.

" Huh " he looked Vivek questioning.

" I was calling you from 5 minutes. The meeting is about to start "

Shivaay sat up straight and cleared his throat. Everyone got silent seeing him. He motioned the manager sitting beside him to give out a speech.

" This month was crucial to everyone. We launched our new set for summer collection. Comparitively this season broke the record of our all previous seasons. We made a extra profit of 20% this time. Thanks to Anika and her team. Their marvellous design created a new sensation to the fashion world. Mainly Anika, she joined here as a newbie but within a month she created a new record in our company. Let's applause her and the team "

Shivaay clapped followed by Vivek , department head and staffs.

Anika and her team stood from their seat and bowed infront of them in gratitude.

" And one more thing. considering their hardwork and dedication we are giving them another task.  Anika and her team will represent the Oberoi fashion house in this year's london fashion week.. Thank you everyone for gathering here "

Nitya and Maya hugged Anika in excitement as soon as he finished while the boys hugged together. Not even in dreams they thought their group get a chance in that show. Everyone congratulated them and left the meeting room as meeting ended.

Shivaay stared Anika. Her face is gleaming with a wide smile on her face. His lips formed a thin line seeing her. He buttoned up his coat getting up from the seat and went towards the door but suddenly he turned around to meet with her gaze. She is staring him back with a smile on her face.

" Congratulations Anika " he said absent minded. Suddenly he realised what he said. He looked up to see her staring him back in surprise. His lips formed a thin line to her and walked outside.