24. Home sweet home

"I miss you" anika whispered laying on the bed in her room. She preferred the cozy bed in her own room than the plain one from her apartment in delhi. Nothing is better than our own home.

It's been a month since they started dating and three weeks arriving India. They stayed in london three more days due to anika's persistence, and after coming back they got busy in their professions. They didn't get much time to go ona date or drive. When everything got adjusted and their busy schedules were finished, Anika went to her home. It's been three days since he saw her

"Did you say you kiss me" shivaay said.

"For your information that was a lame joke"

"I MISS you, i said I miss you" anika half yelled from the other side.

"If then why did you gone to stay there. It's been three days since I properly saw you" Shivaay said from other side.

He circled down the points in the file he was checking while he had his Bluetooth on his ear. He handed over the file to vivek who is standing beside him. He wasn't ready to come to the company where anika is absent. But work commitments didn't let him off. So here he was in office.

"So when are you coming back?"

He waved his hand to vivek dispersing him. He loosened up the tie leaning on his office chair lazily. Weekends are meant to be a day Shivaay gets to be around her freely. Now that she has gone to her home it's turned to a mere working day to him.

"It's not that i don't want to come back, my mom is seeing me after whole two months and she is saying me to take a week off" anika said hugging the stuffed bear next to her.

"I guess it's time for me to meet my future mother in law" shivaay said rolling a pen in between his fingers.

"Come here if you dare" anika says. But the truth is that she don't know her father is well acquainted with Shivaay. Both companies have even signed a deal.

"Go to your balcony, you will see if i dare or not" shivaay said.

Anika sprinted down of the bed and rushed to the balcony. She looked down from there, the road was almost empty with few people. As it was the noon sun is burning up like coal. Summer is always the season she loved except the uncontrollable heat. During school she would wait for the summer to come so that she can go to her maternal grandparents staying in the outskirts of city. The place was like a village where lots of greeneries, vegetable plots and animals. She loved to spend time there.

Anika heard shivaay's laugh from the other side to find he fooled her. Automatically a smile broke out on her face. It is rare to see him so carefree, as he always had this serious look.

"I can say that you excitedly went to look for me" he says

"Nope. Only a fool will fall for your trick" she twisted her lips

"You are my fool." Shivaay loved to irk her up.

"You....." Before she could say anything adi knocked on her door.

"Di mom is calling you for lunch. Come downstairs fast" he yelled outside the closed door.

"You go, i am coming" she yelled in the same way. It reminded her of the old days. Who ever reaches the first would call up the other in the same way during their childhood. Often her mother would come from the kitchen with spatula to beat them up for making loud noises. According to her their voices can be heard all across their residence.

"Alas my mother-in-law saved me. I should thank her when i meet her personally." Shivaay said cheekily.

Anika hung up the call yelling a goodbye. Slowly a chuckle erupted from her lips. She can give up anything for this man, not to mention herself.

*******

"Mom i am thinking about going back to Delhi the day after tomorrow." Anika said. They were having their lunch around the dining table.

"Why? You came to home after so long baby. Please stay for a few more days" anika's mother said abruptly stopping her lunch.

"Maa the company is busy these days. I should go and lend them a hand as soon as possible."

"What is so much urgent that needed your present. Doesn't your company has other employees than you" her mother said.

"I guess I know what is taking her time mom" adi said hiding his smile. He is obviously teasing her

Anika focused on her eating without looking anyone. She lost her face after his teasing. But soon the topic pushed away by her mother who didn't understand the hidden meaning.

Later anika finished her lunch and helped her mother to wash the dishes, while adi went back to his room saying he had a record to finish. Being a medical student is tieing. There is something or other thing comes up leaving him worn out. Anika pitied him as well as proud of him. He chose something he likes.

She somehow convinced her mom to let her go back to Delhi prior to the fixed days. Again her thoughts went back to shivaay.

Should I call him? No he must be busy, i will call him at night. He must be free then.....

She thought and stopped herself from calling him. The more anika
thought of Shivaay, the more she was getting excited to see him.

No anika focus on other things. You have a life other than him, Don't always think of him. You got two more days to do whatever you liked before, but didn't get time to.

She said to herself massaging her temples erasing other things. She went to her room and took out a book she left in incomplete.

Well I can read some books i left incomplete by the time.

She said jumping on the bed pulling out the comforter till her waist opening the page she made a bookmark. Maybe due to long duration she placed there a bookmark, it left a shade of the paint in the piece of paper that with a motivational quotes.

In between your busy schedule do take some time to do the things you love to do. Loving yourself is not a bad thing. It's an identification for who you are, and how you are.

It's good to take care everyone but don't forget yourself in between.

-------------------------------------------------------

Here's the next chapter guys. It took a lot of time mine, i wasn't getting any ideas. My mind is kinda freezed, i think it's the after effect of my exams.

Please share some ideas if you have any........

Yours,
Anagha Krishna ♥️