19. Unprepared Confession

48 hours passed after the party. Anika again engrossed herself in the competition. She was so busy that she didn't even have time to take care of herself. She took incharge of almost everything she can do in the small time. Only her body was there but mind was wandering around gauri's advices. She was thinking whether to accept shivaay's proposal or not. If she is accepting she should be ready to face every hurdles comes on the way.

After all the thoughts she reached into the decision that is to seek advice from another person before going to proceed. Who would be that? Was the another problem. Nitya seems to be the relationship advicer in their gang. Ofcourse she don't have any experiences but as the saying goes singles would be the best relationship advisors.

She looked at nitya who was busy cross checking the outfits for the next day. Anika hesistated a bit. It would be awkward to talk about this with someone she barely knows. I can say its for my friend, great idea. Anika came up with the idea and walked towards her slowly.

"Nitya" she called.

"Hey anika what happened" she asked lifting up her head from the book.

"I want to ask you about something" she said after a pregnant pause

"Sure! Go ahead" she said closing the book in her hand focusing on anika.

"Not here" she held her hand and came out of the building. It was snowing heavily so anika pulled her jacket and zipped it up, rubbing her hands to produce some heat.

"Let's go to some cafe and i will tell you there" she said as they crossed the road to get into a cafe.

A waiter came up to them. He has a french accent. In few minutes they placed the order and he went away.

"He look hot yaar" nitya said blinking her eyes dreamily. Anika chuckled at her expression.

"Listen to me" anika said remembering why they came here.

"I have a friend, she likes a boy" She says.

"So, Does he likes her!" nitya asks.

"Yes, infact he proposed her but she rejected it"

"But if you likes him, why did you reject his proposal?" nitya asks.

"She has a traumatic experience in a relationship before" anika says. She didn't catch up the sentence change of nitya. She literally understood anika was asking advise for herself.

Before they continue the waiter arrived back with their order. "Do you have a girlfriend?" As he was plating it nitya suddenly asked him. "No"  He was stunned for a minute before replying.

"Then what about considering me"nitya asks. Anika gasped at her bold attitude. She was always like this in their office. Asking boys out for lunch, buying flowers for them. Once anika asked why she was doing something usually a boy does. But the answer she replied was instead of boys, girls can also take some initiative instead of waiting for the boys to do.

The waiter went away. Nitya getting succeed in her plan grinned happily. She got his number and a date from his side for this evening.

"So like this you have to take initiative sometimes. Time never waits for you. What if he change his mind after sometime. No one would wait for you for years. It only happens in movies. I know particularly what i want. We only get what we strive for. So accept him and make your mind ready to face any problems comes on the way. Simple" nitya said sipping her coffee

Anika's fingers rubbed on the handle of the cup. She took a deep breath planning something big in her mind. She stealthily held the cup and took some sip from it enjoying the moment.

***********

"Did you see anika" shivaay asked aayush who was enjoying his time in the fire setup placed inside their hotel. It was thirty minutes past six and still she was not here. Her phone is ringing but no one is taking the call  It increased his worry. It is a strange place to her, She doesn't know anyone here according to him.

If she goes anywhere she makes sure to report to someone.. but today no one knows where she went. Here shivaay was crazily searching for her. He already talked to the security and took permission to check the CCTV. It showed they went to the near by cafe. He saw anika was not alone nitya was also with her. He breathed a sign of relief knowing she wasn't alone.

Anika reached back the hotel almost few minutes past seven. She accompanied nitya for shopping as she said she needs new outfit for her date in the evening. Nitya being shopaholic purchased for hours. Anika felt worn out after a few hours but nitya was still energetic. Anika also bought two dresses due to nitya's persistence. She also bought a red plain shirt for shivaay. She instantly liked the material when she saw it on the display board of the shop.

Anika saw the hotel manager and the staffs looking at her rather wierdly. She consciously checked her dress and hair only to find it's perfect. Why was she getting curious eyes all the way. How can she not get this wierd lioks when shivaay almost made the hotel upside down because for her.

She turned the corridor to walk towards the elevator. From a far she saw a shadow moving through the lawn. The physique was almost like shivaay. The shadow slowly turned into her direction and walked forward to her side. As the light falls upon she saw it was shivaay. He literally pulled her into his arms. The bags in her hand fell down in the sudden pull. His hand caressed her hair while the other hand securely wrapped around her waist. He whispered some soothing words, it was like he was calming his raging heart.

Slowly anika's hand moved to his back. She rubbed his back calming him down.

"Where did you go? Why didn't you attend the calls? I was scared thinking something happened to you" shivaay yelled breaking their hug

Anika fastly opened her purse and took out her phone. Indeed there was 59 missed calls from shivaay, 34 from aayush, 23 from maya. She  should have messaged them that she would be late.

"I am sorry. My phone was silent" she said.

"Hmm" he hummed turning away. Shivaay don't know why he was reacting like this. She was a normal woman right. It's true that he has a crush on her. But getting worried over someone , he never experienced like this with anyone. The moment he realised anika was missing he felt like someone grabbed his heart and squeezed it out. It was unbearable.

But he couldn't take another step because anika hugged him from behind.

"Yes" she said.

His eyebrows frowned for what she said. He didn't understand why she said yes out of sudden.

"For what?" he asks

"To be your girlfriend. To accompany and love you with all my life. I love you shivaay" anika said burying her head in his back.

He was dumbstuck at her sudden confession. His hands which were hanging on either side slowly removed her hold on him. He turned to anika's side. She stared into his eyes which was turning to some unknown colours.

His hands slowly cupped her face. Like her face fit into his palms.

"Love you too" He kissed her forehead in content. A shy smile formed in her face and she buried her face in his chest. The two love birds stood in the corridor enjoying each other's company as the moonlight showered brightly on them...

------------------------------------------------------

Another chapter in less than 24 hours.

Do votes and comments and share your valuable thoughts.

                         Yours
                - Anagha Krishna♥️ -