27. A hearty journey

"sorry Jaan" shivaay apologised nth time to anika through his phone. From the time they both exited from her father's office she has been ignoring him. Cutting his call, reading his message leaving it on the blue tick and so so.

Even though they were on opposite room, they weren't allowed to see each other late night. Anika's father requested shivaay to be their guest when he was going to book hotel for his stay.

They both went first as jatin has some pending work. Anika didn't talk to shivaay all through the ride back to home.

Anika's mother welcomed shivaay whole heartily and asked the servants to prepare guest room for him. He was given her brothers dress to change. They had dinner, where shivaay tried his luck on anika to make her talk to him.

"It's your mistake, you shouldn't have supported my father in teasing me." She said lying on her bed. She was in her night pyjamas ready to sleep.

"Ain't i saying sorry. Please...." He pleaded.

"Okay___what about going out for an ice cream" he tried to lure her away.

"I am not going to fall for that" she said curtly.

"It's okay, i am anyway planning to eat mint choco-chip flavour. If you aren't coming. Then bye" he grinned pretending to cut the call.

"Wait___you are my guest. It's not good to let you go alone. I am coming too. Five minutes" she cut the call.

Shivaay let out a chuckle knowing how much mad his girlfriend is for ice-cream, that too her favourite flavour mint choco-chip. He took a woolen jacket, her mother given to him from the cupboard and left the guest room.

Minutes later Anika exited her room in her night pants and t-shirt with a jacket above.

"Come on let's go" she whispered to him. The time was around 12 o clock. Probably everyone in the house is asleep. They climbed down the stairs slowly.

"Where are you guys going" shivaay and Anika gasped hearing a goggy voice. They turned their body to witness aditya sitting on the living hall with a game controller.

"What are you doing here sacrificing your sleep? Don't you know you get headache if you lose your sleep." Anika reprimanded him.

"Let it slide. First tell me where are you going? I will call mom and dad if you don't tell me" he threatened them opening his mouth to shout.

Anika was fast enough to close his mouth. " We are going for ice cream. Shut up and come with us" she dragged him along with her in front while shivaay followed the siblings behind.

******

"Everything taste heaven if sister is paying for it " aditya said biting on the ice cream cone.

Shivaay laughed eating his while Anika smacked his head. "idiot" she muttered.

"Jiju, when did you first met?" He asked shivaay.

Anika also looked shivaay waiting for his answer. "I met her in a different situation. I was busy and late for a meeting and was going fast. She came from the other side. We collided and her files fell down. I didn't mind her walked away. She came behind me and scolded me pretty badly. Then i threatened her back. That was our first meet. We were literally enemies at first" he said smiling dreamily.

Manytimes Anika thought what would have happened if she didn't stop shivaay to scold him. Probably they will never talk or meet. She would have lost such a great man. Unconsciously she leaned on his hand keeping her head there. He turned to look her and placed a chasre kiss on her forehead.

"Aah my virgin eyes. Why are you destroying this innocent child" aditya whined turning away. Anika grinned staring shivaay. He looked around and suddenly pecked her lips. He pretended like nothing happened leaving Anika to blush.

"So, you aren't angry with me anymore" he asked as he saw aditya walking to their car.

"I am still angry" she said crossing her hand on her chest turning away.

Shivaay smiled pulling out a kit from behind "How about now" he asked.

She turned to him and saw he bought her two tibs of ice cream. She squeezed hugging him and taking the cover from his hand.

"Where's my reward" he asked pointing his cheek. She grinned placing kiss on his both cheeks.

"Enough of your PDA. Continue it in home. We are getting late" aditya shouted from the car breaking the couple away.

Late the night three of them reached back home at one AM. Aditya went back to his room to balance his sleep cycle not before asking them to lower their voice. At first it didn't click on anija but later she understood the pun intended in the sentence.

Anika went to her room and shivaay to his. She opened the door and looked back to shivaay. He winked at her blowing a kiss. She smiled and entered inside the room and closed the door. Shivaay saw her rushing inside the room closing the door behind. He grinned entering his room.

******

Anika hugged both her parents and aditya teary eyed. Jatin and Priya kissed their daughter's cheek petting her back.

"Visit us when you are free" jatin said breaking the hug. "You too shivaay" he said looking at shivaay who was standing near his car adoring the trio.

"Sure sir" he said smiling politely. He was still not comfortable to call jatin 'uncle' even though he gave permission him to call so.

Jatin nodded his head patting anika's head. She stepped away from them and turned to aditya.

"Oyy stupid!" Anika called him loudly. "Study well, don't run behind that Tanisha." She whispered the last part in his ears taking him in a hug.

"Sure, mother india. As your wish" he said in saluting position.

Anika rolled her eyes at his remarks. She stealthily walked to shivaay and stood beside him. He placed his hand on her back guiding her to the car. He opened the door and made her sit inside. He closed the door jogging to driver's seat, not before hugging the trio, jatin, Priya and aditya.

As the car moved out of the house Anika waved her hand at them till their silhouettes faded away. A lone tear escaped her eyes when she faced the front.

-------------------------------------------------------

Next part is up.

Do comments and votes.

Anagha Krishna ❤️