17. Realising the stupidity

Shivaay's eyes followed anika who was busy as bee going around from organizing the costumes to ensuring the models were fine for the show that starts next day. After the previous confrontations he was giving her enough space.They haven't talked to each other for the past thirty six hours. A part of him was still yearning to take her in his arms and listen to her nonstop talks but the other part was pulling him away from her saying to leave her alone until she gets a clear view of what she wants.

On the other side anika's hand froze in the middle of her work when she saw shivaay staring her with longing eyes. She was clueless, like she don't know whether she likes him as a friend or more than that. Daksh, her ex-boyfriend made her learn the lesson 'don't judge a book by it's cover'. He was the sweetest and gentlemen when he was pursuing her back in college. Because she had a crush on him she accepted his proposal. But when they started dating his true colours started revealing one by one. His kisses, touches and everything about him started getting uncomfortable for anika. When she told him not to do that he laughed it away saying she was his. Slowly it's started unbearable for her that she ended the relationship before it gets too late.

It's not that she thinks shivaay was like daksh. But she can't judge anyone by their outer apperance. The previous relationship created a fear in her and evoked her judgemental mind. Like daksh's hug made her uncomfortable shivaay's never made her feel like that. It was calm and soothing. Her heartbeats gets high whenever he gets closer to her.

She broken away from the thoughts by maya who shook her shoulder saying she was calling her name for the past five minutes. She muttered a sorry, and give shivaay a last stare before turning to her work. She can't ruin their month's of hardwork for her stupid assumptions.

**************

"Oh my god. I have never been into such a big show in my entire life" maya exclaimed lifting her gown walking beside anika. They were in the opening ceremony of aura fashion week.

"Look is it Daniel?. The world famous fashion designer. His design 'exclusively mine' has only three pieces in the world. He designed it on his wife's birthday as a gift for her. I am so happy to see him live" nitya said cupping her face with both hands.

"I think shivaay sir knows him. He is talking to Daniel" aayush said grabbing a glass of wine from the waiter passing by.

"Do you want some" he asked others. Anika looked shivaay who was talking to Daniel. She noticed he was smiling and talking to the lady beside him like long lost friends. It was Mallika, she felt a pang in her chest. She turned to her teammates side to see them missing. They walked further into the food corner. Such a foody guys. She shook her head and lifted her gown walking to shivaay.

Shivaay was busy talking to Mallika and her husband Daniel. They were reminiscing the old times which shivaay would help Mallika to see daniel by helping her to enter in boy's dorms. There were times she was almost caught by warden. Mallika and shivaay dated each other for three months during their first year but both of them were like parallel lines that never intersect so they broke it off. But they still remained as good friends.

"Shiv you are here. I looked for you everywhere. You worried me " anika said holding his elbow standing beside him.

He gaped his mouth open seeing her acting. She was behaving so intimately with him like they were a couple.

Wait......when they were not.

"She?" daniel asked shivaay looking at anika curiously.

"Aah.... That's my girlfriend anika."he said snaking his hand around her waist. She stiffened in his hold.

"Anika this is Daniel" he said introducing the person opposite to them.

she recovered from the sudden shock and acted along with the flow."Good to see you mr.daniel"  She said extending her hand.