30. The turmoil

Anika removed her heels exhausted and laid on the couch on her apartment. It was half past nine when shivaay dropped her outside the apartment. He only left after recieving a cheek kiss from her. She had gone to meet Omkara and Rudra with shivaay. She had met them many times before, but this was the first time she went there as shivaay's girlfriend.

The dinner has gone smoothly with rudra's funny remarks and shivaay's back counter. It was the first time anika saw shivaay in a carefree way. For outside world he is a two horned monster but when he is with his loved ones we will doubt whether both of them is same man.

As usual om was silently observing their bickering all the time. When shivaay went to pay the bill and Rudra to washroom, om took the chance to ask anika about gauri and her child. He probably saw her when he went to newyork for an exhibition. He concluded she moved on in her life, but wanted a  confirmation from anika. Anika was her one and only friend since they were in college.

Anika ignored his doubt straight away. She said it is her friend's privacy and she is no one to meddle around it and sharing it with someone else will also be a huge mistake.

Back to the flat anika pulled out the black stockings she wore under her tight black skirt and scrumbled it, placing it on the side table. She pulled up her leg to the handrest of the couch as she horizontally lied on it.

The wet dream she saw at noon has been toiling all over her mind. Seeing him half naked was a big turn on for her. In those thirty minutes she imagined lying beneath shivaay as he did many things to her that she thought she never do.

Her stomach churned with swarm of butterflies at the thought itself and her cheeks turned pink shade. She suddenly got up and went to her room. She removed her night dress from the cupboard and closed it. She went to wash up herself.

Minutes later she walked to the kitchen. She opened a cupboard and removed the jar of dried corn. She sauted some butter before pouring a handful of corn in it. She covered it with lid when it started popping out.

She lied on her bed setting up the laptop with her Netflix and a bowl of popcorn beside her. She pressed the button and played friends.

******

Anika entered the office in half sleepy state. She has been up till 3am in the morning watching all the seasons of friends. She lazily wore the Id card around her neck as she has to scan it while entering the company for security purposes.

She ran into a man's back as she rushed to the scan counter.

"Sorry" she whispered looking down at the coffee that fell on the floor from her hands. By god's grace her dress didn't get spoilt.

She raised her head to check the man, if he was okay. He nodded his head with a wide smile. He wore an expensive dark green suit with a black tie. He had two small dimples form whenever he smiled.

"I am fine" he said as he saw her eyes searching around as if it was confirming it didn't make any mistakes.

She nervously smiled while fidgeting with her bag. Anika is a perfectionist. It's rare that she made mistakes. It made her more nervous than any other day if something goes out of her hand.

After a series of apologies she went to the elevator. To her dismay the one she goes daily were in use. She turned to other side to see another one is about to close. She can't afford to be late so, she tried to speed up near to it but her heels give away. She somehow entered it and it closed. She left out a deep breath while looking forward to press her floor number. While doing it she noticed someone pressed shivaay's floor number. That floor has limited number of staffs and most of the place is obtained by shivaay.