25. The despo couple

Shivaay stared at his phone wondering whether he should call her or not. The time was around two in the morning. His sleep broken due to a nightmare, the same one which has been toiling him for so long. He couldn't sleep after that. The shriek of his mother and the pool of blood around her, he is seeing it whenever he closes his eyes

Maybe it's stupid of him to call her at this time. She must be sleeping now. He signed putting his phone on the side table, lying on the bed pulling comforter on his body. He closed his eyes counting numbers in mind.

One, two, three, four,..................

***************

Anika held onto her Coffee texting shivaay a good morning with smiling emoticon. She saw him last in offline was around two.

What was he doing at that time?

Anika thought in her mind. Before she could come up with a conclusion her phone buzzed. She was fast enough to grab it. Sadly it wasn't from shivaay but from aayush her colleague. He was asking her about a particular file and it's details. She has been on leave for over a week, so all her works were managed by aayush. He is a sweetheart, though little flirty.

Anika sent him pdf of the file as it's original is in her apartment. She also send some of her tiny notes so that he can understand it better. He reacted with emoticon that has heart shape instead of eyes.

She laughed off closing the app, placing the phone inside her pyjamas pocket. Suddenly out of nowhere the phone vibrated and she took it out in greif.

Anika/shivaay

I was just up now, overslept today. Good morning love :)

What were you doing till 2pm. I saw your last seen in that time.

As always bossy huh, wasn't getting sleep so thought to message you. Then dropped it as madam must be sleeping that time

Fine, I am letting it go as you explained the reason

What are you doing?

I am having my coffee now. I will be leaving to my father's workplace in a bit. See you

See you. Take care. Don't be surprised if you see me there

Stop kidding. You don't even know where my dad works.

Whoa you don't know me well sweetheart. Just wait and watch

Off course keep bragging.

See you :)

With a smile anika logged out of the WhatsApp and washed her coffee cup, keeping in its place. She rushed into her room to change for the day. She planned to accompany her father to his company as per his request.

Anika searched through her closet and pulled out a black A line skirt along with crisp white shirt and a black blazer. She changed into it, although the skirt was little tight to her, she managed to do with it. She tied her hair in pony and applied makeup. She wore her heels and took her clutch putting her phone, credit card and some cash inside.

Aditya was having his dinner when she went downstairs. She ruffled his hair earning a smack on her hand for ruining his hairstyle. Before she could slap him back, their mother interrupted and asked her to do breakfast quietly.

"Maa give her the brinjal curry you made. She likes it more" adi said biting onto his sandwich. He put the topic as he knows how much Anika hates brinjal. She couldn't stand at the site of it

"You....maa don't give him the spicy tandoori chicken you are making. He has a weak stomach anyway." Anika says. She knows his weak points especially in foods. He has a weak stomach since he was a child. So there is a strict diet plan only for him. He eats less spicy food because of that.