7. Missing home

°°° Papa's princess °°°

Anika

I was shocked seeing the person infront of me.

" Sharma uncle?? " I exclaimed disbelievingly.

" I am sorry Anika beta we were obliged to follow you. " He said guilty and waved his people to move away from me.

" Did my father asked you " i asked him even though i know the answer.

" Yes. He was worried about you. You were not calling them so they thought something might happened to you " he bend down his head.

" It's ok uncle. I am not blaming you. You were doing your job. All of you can go back. I will call them once i reach home " i said hugging him.

He was like a father figure to me. Someone i have seen since my childhood. His father worked for my grandfather now he is working for my father. He is the most loyal employee of my father who has gone up and down with him.

" Your dad said to give it to you " he broke the hug forwarding a key to me. It is the key of my scooty my dad bought for me on my 18th birthday.

" Thank you uncle " i smiled at him. He left me and went with the body guards after lecturing me to be careful.

As soon as they left i ran towards my scooty and caressed it. I was missing it since I left my home. Wearing my helmet i drove the scooty to my flat.

Parking it on a side I took the helmet with me incase it go Missing. When I was about to open the door i heard sound from inside. I knocked on the door instead of opening. Only Priyanka has the spare key so I guessed it must be her.

Soon i heard a foot step approaching the door and opened revealing a very angry Priyanka on the other side.

" What happened? " I asked removing my shoes keeping it on the rack. I pulled out my slippers and wore it. I kept the helmet on the side table and walked towards the kitchen to get some water.

She followed me like a puppy. I drank the water and kept the glass on the slab before turning to her.

" Don't ask me anything i am pissed off right now " she said sitting on the slab before taking a carrot from the basket beside her.

" Who pissed you off? " I asked her again.

" That Akash " she said taking a bite from the carrot.

" Oh your brother's friend the one who had a crush on you " i replied trying to remember his face.

I saw him almost everyday infront of our college in the past. He follows her till college and also back to home. Everyone teased her with him. I was surprised he still loves her even after many years. He never once forced her to accept him. It was always a one side love.

" Why don't you accept him? " She asked her the doubt she always have.

" Do you think it would be easy he is my brother's best friend. Someone i know since childhood. What will my brother think if he know his sister and best friend hooked up " she replied worriedly.

" Do you like him? " I asked her grabbing the carrot from her.

" Yes " i heard her low voice.

" Then tell him before it's too late " i knocked on her head. When will this stupid learn to live.

" But it's already late " she replied looking sad. " He already has a girlfriend I saw them together today " she continued looking at my confused face.

" And you confirmed she is his girlfriend. Everyone around you know how madly he is in love with you. Do you think he will move on suddenly and find a girlfriend out of nowhere. what If they are just friends. Clarify it before jumping into conclusion." i comforted her.

" Thank you i was indeed needed some advice today. " She hugged me which i reciprocated happily.

" I am going back to Mumbai today " she said breaking the hug.

" Why so soon " i whined at her.

" Dadi is missing me. I will come back soon " she kissed my cheek before walking outside of the kitchen. I followed her. She took her luggage she which is already packed  from the hall.

" How will you go? Should I drop you to airport? " I asked while escorting her downstairs

" No i booked a cab it's there" She said seeing the car parked Infront of the building.

"Take care " i closed the cab door and it left the premises.

I went back to my apartment and made some pasta for me. Switching on the television i savoured the whole plate contently.

When I was washing the plates i got a call from my brother.

" What are you doing " i attended the call in speaker with my chin.

" No hi no hello are you that eager to cut the call. " I heard a female voice from other side.

" Sorry mumma i was busy for this whole week so I didn't get time to call you " i said  wiping my hand and taking the phone from the slab walking towards the hall.

" Hey such a busy bee you are. Next time i will take an  appointment before talking to you alright?" she said in dramatic voice.

" Mrs singhani you are being over dramatic after spending more time with adi. Stop it at once or you will be like him." I giggled at her talk. She is now behaving like adi.

" Di you are jealous because i got mumma alone. " I heard adi's voice from other side.

" I Mumma where is papa? " I asked her.

" Papa is not standing beside me. He is not indicating me to say he is not here" adi said in dramatic voice.

I heard an ouch sound followed by mumma's scolding from the other side. I guessed that adi got a beating from papa.

" Give the phone to papa " i giggled at his remarks. Papa must have said him to tell me he is not here. My brother being genius told me the secret in a honey dripped voice awarding a good beating from papa.

" Hello papa how are you? " I asked sensing a silent from other side.

" I am good are you fine there? How's the flat you rented? Is your new job fine? Did your colleagues Bully you? Don't hesitate to call papa if something happens. "

My eyes moist after hearing his voice after months. Like everyone i am Papa's girl. I always followed him everywhere. Mumma and i always bicker a lot. she always took adi's side but papa was the one defend me even if it's my mistake.

" I am fine and comfortable here. I am loving my job and my colleagues are friendly they are not bullying me " i said sniffing trying to hold my tears back.

" Remember even if you achieve nothing we will still welcome you with both hands but papa doesn't want that. I know my daughter is not stupid. So come back making papa proud enough to say that this is my Annie to the whole world" papa also sniffed from other side.

" Love you papa " i said after a pregnant pause.

" Love you too " A smile formed on my face after hearing him.

********

Second update within 24 hours. I was free this afternoon so thought to write another chapter. I don't know when will I get free time like this.

Thanks for completing previous target.

Today's Target : 40 votes and 2 followers

Do comments and you can suggest your ideas too.....

Lots of love
Anagha Krishna❤️