33. The comfortness

Anika blinked her eyes against the sunlight. She rubbed her eyes and got up from sleeping position. That's when she noticed she wasn't in the couch she fell asleep but on her bed. She throw away the comforter and slipped her feet in to the slippers, walking to the washroom. Her bladder need urgent

After finishing up the chores she went to the living hall to see a pillow and comforter lying on the couch. She heard noise coming from the kitchen and took the nearby glass vase, moving in careful steps there.

She yelled loudly seeing a figure roaming around her kitchen and shivaay was fast enough to close her mouth so as to not wake up the neighbours.

"What are you doing at my house" anika said after slapping away his hand from her mouth.

"You weren't attending my calls yesterday. I came here because i was worried about you." He says turning back to the stove to flip the pancake.

"And why was your door not locked. I was just needed to push it a bit and it was opened. Don't you know daily how many houses are being attacked." He continued crossing hands on his chest.

Oh god! I digged my own grave

Anika muttered inaudible voice as he went on how she is careless and stupid to not check the door properly.

"I am sorry naa shivaay. Just forgive me for this time" She says tugging on the hem of his shirt. That's when she noticed that he looks handsome in his white office shirt with the sleeves rolled till elbows. His forehead and neck has been covered with sweats. Probably because of standing below the kitchen heat for long time.

"You go and wash up. Let me handle it" anika said touching his biceps that propped up due to the strains he's been taking.

"It's okay. I can do it. You just sit here" he said swatting away her hand, picked her up by waist and placed her on the counter.

Her cheeks crawled up in heat and turned red by the stunt he pulled. She rubbed her cheek furiously to remove the excess blushing.

Anika continued admiring him while he moved around making them breakfast and coffee.

He pulled out a chair for her and made her sit on it.

"I made pancakes and coffee. Is that okay?" He asks

She smiled at him warmly nodding her head. If anyone saw the most arrogant shivaay Singh oberoi cooking and smiling in a broad daylight, they would've died out of attack.

"You should give me your spare key" shivaay said out of nowhere making her choke on the food. Instantly his hand went to her back rubbing while made her drink water.

"Why?" She asks

"What why? You have my apartment key with you. Why can't I have yours?" He asks raising one of his eyebrow.

"That's not same" she argued. It's not that she didn't want to give him. But him barging into the home, when she is at her embarrassing state isn't going well for her.

"Try to understand the situation anika." He says. "If you are fearing about me barging in at odd times. I won't do it. It's just for safety purposes. Seeing how careless you are that you left the door open yesterday. I don't trust you with yourself. What if something happen to you?" He asks.

Anika noticed the change in his cyan blue eyes. She can't decipher it as fear or worry. But she noticed it wasn't not a positive view.

"Okay" she said without arguing much. It would only lead into some unnecessary fights and destroy the whole day.

He smiled as she agreed to give him the key. He was genuinely worried for her. She is the only one he have. And he wasn't taking up any risk about her.

"Now tell me how is the pancake" he changed the topic. She understood his cute and went on how delicious it is. The apartment was filled with joy and laughter of them.

*******

"I DON'T WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING VIVEK. Just fucking look into the matter and report to me fast" shivaay roared at his assistant throwing away the pen in his hand.

"NOW WHAT HAS BEEN YOU TWO DOING ALL THE WHILE. YOU FUCKED UP A BIG PROJECT OUR COMPANY GOT"

Two of his employees messed with the samples of designs they needed to present to a client by today. It was accidental , it happens. But shivaay being shivaay who couldn't tolerate any kind of mistakes called them up to his office along through his assistant.

"Sorry sir" both of them bent their heads in shame.

"Can your story bring back the crores of deals we lost. Just pack up your things and leave here quickly.

"Sir, my mother was in hospital sir. I was there to look after her. I won't repeat it again. Please don't fire me sir." The man was verge on his tears. Apparently he is the only breadwinner in his family.

Shivaay's eyes softened hearing him. He always respected the people who took care of their parents. No matter how many people say he is heartless. The closer ones knows how beautiful his heart is.

"How is your mother?" He asks.

"Huh?" The man wiped his tears staring shivaay in confusion. This is the first time he is seeing his boss talking about other than office matters.

"Your mother. How's she?" He asks again

"She had pneumonia. Now she's better and been transferred to general ward" he says hesitating.

"Take some money from Vivek. I will inform him. Buy fresh fruits for your mom and take care of her. You will have your paid leave" shivaay says.

The man was surprised on shivaay's words. Being that was shivaay Singh oberoi he took time to absorb everything happening around.

"Sir my job?" He asks.

"You will not be fired, you can go now" he says rubbing onto his temple. He turned to the man standing beside him. He pulled his hand and left along with him before shivaay changes his mood.

Shivaay remember to treat everyone well. Don't bully others just because you are boss. It's their hardwork that makes you stay in the chair without any problem

This was the exact word his mother pinky Singh oberoi said to a ten year old shivaay, when he hurted a boy in his school just because his father is his company's employee

Even if you can't become someone's reason to be happy, don't become the reason to their sorrow

____________________________________

Next chapter is up guys

Please click on the star button. That's an easy task right?

Next: Saturday