20. Hospital Date

Anika lied on the bed in the darkness of her room. She was hardly trying to control the volcano of excitement erupted inside her.A sweet smile formed on her face as she rewinded the proposal scene. Never in her wild dreams she thought she would take the lead to propose someone. Still it was worth for it. She got a boyfriend, a super handsome one. She closed her eyes thinking to get some sleep.

Anika woke up from the sleep by the gushing of wind. The curtains flew to both sides allowing the wind to enter inside. Anika pulled the comforter till her neck feeling cold. After few minutes she woke up being fed up by the cold. She let out a yawn getting up from the bed. She walked towards the window. It was heavily snowing outside. She face palmed for failing to recall to close the window. She slided the door close and walked back half sleepy. She checked time on her phone. It was five in the morning. She can snooze in for a bit more. She again pulled the comforter falling into a deep slumber.

It was forty five minutes past six when anika woke up refreshed. She did her morning chores and wore a white halter neck top with a black denim jeans. She did her makeup and straightened the hairs leaving it open..she locked her room from outside making a beeline for shivaay's room.

Minutes later anika stood infront of shivaay's room. She corrected her appearance once more before knocking on his door. This is the first time she is coming to his room that too as his girlfriend. She made sure to look beautiful. 'Coming...' she heard his loud voice from inside.

"You are ready?" Anika looked shivaay astonished. He was in a black shirt paired with a jeans. He was tieing his watch when he opened the door.

"Yaa... I woke up early, you know intelligent people tends to waking up before the sunrise."

"So you mean i am not intelligent don't you?" Anika snapped back at him. She was just teasing him.

"My dear girlfriend i am sorry for saying that. You are graciously welcome to my room" he said giving her way to his room. Her cheeks turned into the colour of tomato as he called her dear girlfriend. She wasn't used to it. She chuckled as he bowed his head infront of her as she walked inside.

"Oh! I forgot you are an early riser" anika said taking a seat in his couch. The couch was more fluffy than the one in her room. how couldn't it be, his was the VIP launche. He went towards the dressing table to apply his perfume.

"You can be one too if you sleep with me" he flirted spraying the perfume on his body. He applied some on her too in a way of teasing.

"Shivaay! I hate perfumes" she said smelling it. Anika gets severe headache by the smell of scented items.

"I gets headache by it's smell" she said.

"I will be careful in the future" he said holding her hand in his gently. He rubbed his thumb on the back of her palm swaying it little.

They together walked out of the room. Anika held out his wallet and phone which he gave her before to close the door. He pocketed it walking to the elevator with anika beside him.

"Is it only me thinking about an elevator romance" shivaay teased anika nudging her shoulder.

"SHIVAAY" she chided pushing him  away as a small smile escaped her lips. Every bit about him is making her thrill like a teenager seeing a porn movie for the first time.
She scrunched her nose for the awful comparison she made.

*********

"Here is your coffee" shivaay said taking a seat beside anika in the corridor of hospital. Their breakfast date ruined at the last moment by a phone call anika got. Aditya, her brother admitted in the hospital due to diarrhoea. He came to london to surprise her by attending the fashion show without telling anyone from home. Thanks to the emergency dial where he saved anika's number. The staffs in the airport directly contacted her.

"Thanks" anika muttered taking the cup between her hands. Their fingers brushed during the process.

Anika took some sips looking ahead. shivaay followed her gaze, there was nothing particular there. By the way her thumb rubbed on the cup continuously he understood she was little worried about her brother.

She saw the doctor coming out of his room. Instantly she got up with the help of shivaay. They both rushed towards the doctor.

"He has a weak stomach still he ate heavy food that's why his stomach couldn't digest it. Thank God he reached on time otherwise it would complicate the things. You both make sure he eats light food and takes his medicine properly" he said looking at both of them. Anika nodded her head keenly giving her attention to whatever the doctor is saying while shivaay stood beside her.

"You go to him. I will buy some light food for him. I have to pay the bills and to buy his medicines also" shivaay said after the doctor went away. He took the doctor's prescription and nudged her shoulder indicating to go inside.

Anika moved her legs to the patient room. She halted the step, turned around and saw shivaay walking to the canteen. She felt a little guilty. It was their first day after they got together, they should celebrate it but here he is running errands for her brother. Anika signed and put up a fake smile before entering the room.

There was aditya lying on the hospital bed in the blue clothes with a drip attached to his left hand. He opened his eyes sensing someone.

"Di" he called her in hoarse voice.

She went to him and slapped his arms lightly. "Who says you are a medical student. You don't even know how to take care of yourself. What if something happens to you. What will I do? What about mom and papa? You are not a child anymore adi. How many times should I tell you." Anika raised her voice at him. All the time aditya was grinning like an idiot. He knows whatever his sister is saying she is voicing out her fear of losing him.

"Ok mother hen. I will take good care of myself next time. Now give me something to eat. I am hungry" he said rubbing his belly.

Anika took out her phone to call shivaay. Before she dial his number he appeared on the doorstep with a thermal container.

"Sorry i was late. I went to buy this container. Here plastic containers are restricted." He said placing the container down. He opened the lid and there was millet porridge inside. Shivaay handed-over her a disposable spoon.

Aditya stared the duo, anika was standing beside shivaay helping him serve the porridge to a bowl. But he didn't miss the eye to eye contact between them. Thinking to ask her after he was fine. He lied on the bed waiting for her

Anika was extremely grateful for shivaay being there. He was a great support system during her vulnerable time.

Anika took a spoonful of porridge and blowed to cool it down. She fed him bit by bit in this procedure. Shivaay stood aside admiring the duo. It made him remember omkara and rudra even Priyanka too.

********

" You should go back to the hotel. I will be with him." anika said closing the door of aditya's room coming outside. It was few minutes past one. The noon time

"Is he asleep" shivaay asked ignoring her advice.

"Yes he slept sometime ago." She said taking the seat beside him.

"Shivaay" she called staring at the empty corridor.

"I am sorry." She said rightly looking him. "Our date got ruined because of me."

Shivaay shook his head taking her hand in his. "don't say sorry if you aren't at fault. We both know it was an unexpected event. So i am cool with it. And take it as we are dating in the hospital" he said placing a kiss on the back of her hands. Anika chuckled at his remarks.

"I love you" she said leaning on his shoulder. Her fingers grooved into his and started playing with them. Shivaay too placed his head above hers tightening the hold of her hands.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes caring about the family members of the person we love is also a sign of respect they have for us

Anika was glad that shivaay was with her the whole time or else she don't know how would she manage all by herself.

Here is next chapter.

Comment down your thoughts regarding the chapter and don't miss to press the star button.

                     - Anagha Krishna ♥️ -